PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #121
x210x RoBoKoP

x210x RoBoKoP's Gamercard
I just started playing Fallout 3 and I have a lot of doubts and questions that I hope some of you can answer. Here they are:

1)I'm on the main quest "Finding the Garden of Eden" and I took some steps during the game that two of the main quests called "Following his Footsteps" and "The Galaxy Radio Station" were skipped. Is there anyway that I can go back and do them so that I can get the achievements?

2)I am already at level 20 and got all 3 achievements for Good Karma. Can I get credit for neutral karma and bad karma by killing a bunch of good NPC's and doing bad actions or is it too late already and I have to play the game all over again to reach the right levels at the right karma?

3)I am also noticing that I am taking way too long to progress in the game because of my tendency to search every corner in every new building location I discover? I tend to pick all the loot from killed enemies and also little itmes that have a value of 5 and above? I had this same problem with Oblivion. It took me almost two months to get 1500 GS. Could I be exagerating on how much items I search for? I find myself constantly going back to my house to store items in my locker because I am out of space and then I have to go back to the original location to continue. Any tips?

4)I have been playing the game without allowing updates to go through and therefore have been playing offline. The reason I do this is just in case there are any glitches/exploits that I can take advantage of before I install the updates. For all of you veterans in Fallout 3 and that have played this game since it came out, are there any exploits/glitches that I might be able to use since I don't have any updates installed yet?

Thanks.

PS: Just in case that I have to play the game all over again because I might have screwed up on the Karma achievements, can I just fast play through the main quests on my second runthrough and get to level 20? or do I have to go out explore the world and kill a bunch of enemies?
x210x RoBoKoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #122
AuriDUL

Send a message via Skype™ to AuriDUL

AuriDUL's Gamercard
Will I be able to finish any sidequest if I finish the main story at first? Or does any side quest become unavailable after the end of the main story?

P.S. I already have The Broken Steel.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #123
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x210x RoBoKoP View Post
I just started playing Fallout 3 and I have a lot of doubts and questions that I hope some of you can answer. Here they are:

1)I'm on the main quest "Finding the Garden of Eden" and I took some steps during the game that two of the main quests called "Following his Footsteps" and "The Galaxy Radio Station" were skipped. Is there anyway that I can go back and do them so that I can get the achievements?

2)I am already at level 20 and got all 3 achievements for Good Karma. Can I get credit for neutral karma and bad karma by killing a bunch of good NPC's and doing bad actions or is it too late already and I have to play the game all over again to reach the right levels at the right karma?

3)I am also noticing that I am taking way too long to progress in the game because of my tendency to search every corner in every new building location I discover? I tend to pick all the loot from killed enemies and also little itmes that have a value of 5 and above? I had this same problem with Oblivion. It took me almost two months to get 1500 GS. Could I be exagerating on how much items I search for? I find myself constantly going back to my house to store items in my locker because I am out of space and then I have to go back to the original location to continue. Any tips?

4)I have been playing the game without allowing updates to go through and therefore have been playing offline. The reason I do this is just in case there are any glitches/exploits that I can take advantage of before I install the updates. For all of you veterans in Fallout 3 and that have played this game since it came out, are there any exploits/glitches that I might be able to use since I don't have any updates installed yet?

Thanks.

PS: Just in case that I have to play the game all over again because I might have screwed up on the Karma achievements, can I just fast play through the main quests on my second runthrough and get to level 20? or do I have to go out explore the world and kill a bunch of enemies?
1) I think you still can do Galaxy news radio. Just talk to 3dog at Galaxy News Radio. To get Following his Footsteps achievement you'll need to start new game. Sorry.
2) It doesn't work that way. You need to hit Required level while having bad/neutral karma. If you have some older saves you always can reload them, drop your karma and level up.
If you don't have any old saves you'll need to start new game.
3) I have exactly the same 'problem'. I have to search every box, every locker, every desk.
Only thing I can say is that you should only carry things that have weight 1 value 10. It will make things go so much faster. Or you can pick only things needed for repetitive quests, like Sugar Bombs, Cameras, Scrap Metal, Blood Packs, Prewar Books and Sensor Modules.
It's up to you - if you enjoy searching every corner then by all means , you should do that.
BTW, I believe it's called scavenging
4)There are some infinite XP glitches, but I'm not the right person to answer this.
PS)You can do whatever you want. You just need to get to level 7, 14 and 20. Like I said, you can use glitches, but I'd recommend just playing for the second time using evil character (and donating to church to get good karma for neutral achievements).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuriDUL View Post
Will I be able to finish any sidequest if I finish the main story at first? Or does any side quest become unavailable after the end of the main story?

P.S. I already have The Broken Steel.
Yes, you can finish all achievements after you finish main story.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #124
nano0007

nano0007's Gamercard
if red dies during "Big trouble in big town" can i still "complete strictly business?"
nano0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #125
AuriDUL

Send a message via Skype™ to AuriDUL

AuriDUL's Gamercard
Question about collecting 100 Steel Ingots in the Pitt.

Can I finish the storyline of the Pitt and then collect the remaining steel ingots OR
does any part of the Pitt becomes unavailable after some certain points in the storyline? i.e. are there any missable Steel Ingots or not?

P.S. No storyline spoilers, please
Old 06-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #126
Xathlak

Xathlak's Gamercard
You can finish collecting afterwards.
Xathlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #127
Xathlak

Xathlak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano0007 View Post
if red dies during "Big trouble in big town" can i still "complete strictly business?"
I believe so, yes, she just won't be a requirement.
Xathlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #128
zalamorph

Killa Muffin8's Gamercard
On my fallout 3 raiders are practicaly everywhere outside the galaxy news radio building, any ways i could get past em without em hurting me?also im out of caps and have like 40 health left, anywhere health packs are cheap? please help
zalamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #129
BelatedHero

BelatedHero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalamorph View Post
On my fallout 3 raiders are practicaly everywhere outside the galaxy news radio building, any ways i could get past em without em hurting me?also im out of caps and have like 40 health left, anywhere health packs are cheap? please help
Well, a couple notes...

You can try to sneak past them if your sneak skill is high enough. Try waiting til nighttime, its easier.

Also, its is highly inadvisable to use stimpacks to heal yourself when you are not in battle or trapped somewhere. Instead fast-travel to megaton (or tennpenny towers if you blew up megaton) and sleep in your bed. Then fast-travel back. Also, you will find beds scattered around the world you can sleep in. Even in places like the sewers. Always sleep if you have the option. If you can't get to a bed and aren't in immediate danger, try to find a somewhat clean water source (low rads) to drink. You can handle some radiation before ill effects happen. Sinks are pretty good, toilets are a no-no, natural water depends on the source (some ok, others very very bad). Its cheaper to pay 100caps to heal 200rads of radiation than to buy stimpacks that give you the equivalent amount of health. Simpacks should only be used in the middle of battle or when no other option is available.

BTW, if you buy the "My First Infirmary" it removes all rads for free when you use it. So once you have it, drink the water! It will be free to cure yourself. Just don't drink so much water between treatments that you get too sick.

Last edited by BelatedHero; 08-04-2010 at 05:37 PM.
BelatedHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #130
BANEFUL KAIN

Banefu1 Kane's Gamercard
cellar door

was just wondering if anybody could help me on this, if you leave megaton and head towards springdale elementary as soon as you start coming into springdale and start seeing blasted out houses there is a house just to the left actually its south southwest of the rocket looking thing that has a couple of trash bins and a nuka cola machine by it if you go south southwest there is a house that has a cellar door in it but it requires a key to unlock it does anyone know where or how to find that key. Send me a message if you can help. Thanks Baneful Kain.
BANEFUL KAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #131
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANEFUL KAIN View Post
was just wondering if anybody could help me on this, if you leave megaton and head towards springdale elementary as soon as you start coming into springdale and start seeing blasted out houses there is a house just to the left actually its south southwest of the rocket looking thing that has a couple of trash bins and a nuka cola machine by it if you go south southwest there is a house that has a cellar door in it but it requires a key to unlock it does anyone know where or how to find that key. Send me a message if you can help. Thanks Baneful Kain.
Its part of Holy Water sidequest.

Details: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Water_%28quest%29

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #132
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
How far into the game do you have to get before you get your first follower?
TheOneJat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #133
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
How far into the game do you have to get before you get your first follower?
You can get one as soon as you leave the vault by going to Underworld with 2000 caps (1000 if you have barter 50 or more). There is also a quest that will get you his contract for free by assassinating one of underworld's residents. Charon is one of the best followers and karma has no effect on him.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 08-02-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #134
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
You can get one as soon as you leave the vault by going to Underworld with 2000 caps (1000 if you have barter 50 or more). There is also a quest that will get you his contract for free by assassinating one of underworld's residents. Charon is one of the best followers and karma has no effect on him.
Can you visit Underworld straight from the vault or is there difficulty getting there due to enemies? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #135
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneJat View Post
Can you visit Underworld straight from the vault or is there difficulty getting there due to enemies? Thanks for the help.
It is pretty easy to get there. If you haven't done so already, check the fallout wiki for maps. Go to Rivet City right away (do not go into the science lab there) there are raiders and Super Mutant camps along the way. Kill the raiders and run away from higher level SMs. Use the metro station nearby (Anacostia Crossing), go to Museum Station, and out the Museum of History exit. In the metro are mostly raiders, not tough. The museum will be behind you as you exit the station, just head straight in. The outside is guarded by a non-hostile NPC and there are no enemies between the metro exit and Underworld. Exploring the rest of the museum will contain leveled Ghouls.

At the start of the game, rely on melee weapons until you get some small arms skill and a hunting rifle or assault rifle. Sleep to heal instead of eating/drinking or using stims.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #136
TheOneJat

TheOneJat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
It is pretty easy to get there. If you haven't done so already, check the fallout wiki for maps. Go to Rivet City right away (do not go into the science lab there) there are raiders and Super Mutant camps along the way. Kill the raiders and run away from higher level SMs. Use the metro station nearby (Anacostia Crossing), go to Museum Station, and out the Museum of History exit. In the metro are mostly raiders, not tough. The museum will be behind you as you exit the station, just head straight in. The outside is guarded by a non-hostile NPC and there are no enemies between the metro exit and Underworld. Exploring the rest of the museum will contain leveled Ghouls.

At the start of the game, rely on melee weapons until you get some small arms skill and a hunting rifle or assault rifle. Sleep to heal instead of eating/drinking or using stims.
Thanks alot, thats really helped.