PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #91
simsams

nugget s1m0n's Gamercard
Wink

woo hoooooo im cured i am a DAYWALKER!!!!!!

HOWOOOOOOO
oh crap now im a werewolf here we go again
lol no im cured though thanks

Destroy all humans-path of the furon: 39 of 40 paris statues found litraly spent all night searching, destroyed all the buildings and stared at every dot on this stupid map!!!!!!!

ALL Assassins creed feathers!! 1000/1000
Mafia 2 wanted posters and playboy mags 1000/1000

Collectables:2
nugget s1m0n:2
simsams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #92
simsams

nugget s1m0n's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci0n View Post
Quest - A Cure for Vampires
There are a number of ways to iniate this quest. Here is how I did it: I went to Cheydinhal's Chapel of Arkay, though any chapel should do. Talk to someone in there about a cure. They will start you on the quest.
The first step in the quest is to talk to Raminus Polus about a cure. You can find him in the Arcane University located in Impereal City. He will tell you a bit about it, and refer you to Count Hassildor. You can find him in Skingrad. Talk to his stuard, then eventually he will talk to you. He will tell you about how he and his wife are vampires, and while he lives with it, she could not, and went into a coma. He needs the cure to get her out. He then tells you about witches long ago who could do it, and about one of them which may still be alive.

You can find the witch along the Corbolo river, which is east of the Impereal City. Here is where the fun begins. Before she will help you, you have to help her. She requests you bring her five empty grand soul gems. These are tough to find, and this is where your Thieves guild work is going to come in handy. Before working on this, go get some lockpicks from your fence.

Gem One: This is an easy one. Go to the Impereal City Market District. Find the Mystique shop. He has one gem for sale. Four to go.

Gem's Two- Four:Your lockpicking skills better be up to snuff now. Head to Arcane Univerity. Best to go at night, you will be theifing. Go inside, and on the first floor there is a chest with three Gems inside. All are Grand gems, but I believe two of them are not empty. Take them all wayways. Its a level 5 lock, so your going to have to work at it, but its worth the effort. Make sure no one sees you. Once you get it open, take them all.

Gem Five: Head to the Chorral Mage's Guild. Inside, there is a staircase, and display cases to the left and right. The one to the right looks tempting, three gems inside. None are grand though, save your picks. The one the left has one though. It's another level 5 lock, so good luck to you. Once you get this, you have five, but two probably aren't empty. No matter, the hard part should be over.

Gem Six: Head to the Bruma Mage's Guild now. Walk straight in and slightly to the left into their little shop. If the shopkeep isn't there, wait for her. When she comes back, barter with her. She's got an empty gem. If you don't have money, you can try to pickpocket it off her, but I found it easier to just buy it.

Gem Seven: Head to the Cheydenhol Guild now. To your left and down the stairs, talk to the shopkeep. Same as before, buy it, or try and pick it from her if you wish. Congradulations, you now have your five emptys, and your probably a pro at lockpicking by now.

Go visit Melisande again now. She will take your gems, but you aren't done yet. She says she can probably make the cure, but you need a slew of ingreadiants. She asks you to find six Garlic Cloves, five Nightshade Leaves, 2 BloodGrass Shoots, The Blood of an Argonian, and the dust of the vampire Hindaril. Collect the first three items first. Much like the gems, this can be quite tedious. Below you will find locations for all the ingreadiants you need.

Garlic Cloves: These are fairly easy to find. Many Alchemy shops, Inns, and Mages Guilds have them. Just work your way from shop to shop until you have six. I know that the Alchemy shop in the Impeareal City has one. I also found two in an Inn in Chorral, and they restock every few days. This should not be to hard.

Nightshade: This proved to be the hardest. First, head to Impereal City, to the same Alchemy shop you got your Garlic. She should have two. After a few days, she will restock one more. After that, she will have no more. That gives you three. A fourth one can be found from the shopkeep in the Corral Mages Guild. Go purcahse that. That leaves one more, or two if you do not feel like waiting a few days for the Impereal City shop to restock. For these you will be hearding to Cheydinhal. Quick travel to the west gate, and then exit the city through the west gate. Turn to your left and follow the cities wall until it ends. Now look to your left, you should see a large right with a tree to the right of it. Next to that tree, you will find a Nightshade plant. To your left, there is a lake, and you should see some old pillars across the lake. Swim across to them. Now face South, and follow the edge of the lake until you come to a tree with small rocks on either side. You will find a couple different plants up against the tree, one of which will be Nightshade.

BloodGrass: This is the easiest part of your quest. The Alchemy shop in Impereal City has four, so buy two of them, and your done. If you are feeling like that was to easy, this stuff is all over Oblivion. Enter a gate and grab some. Your choice.

Blood of an Argonian: Melisande gives you a special dagger or this. You don' need to kill them, just give thema good stab and hide so the gaurds don't nab you. For those of you who don't know, an Argonian is the lizard looking people.

Hindaril's Vampire Dust: If you are at a decent level by now, this should be a breeze. At level 5, this was a cakewalk. Go to the location on your map. It is pretty straightforwared navigating your way there. Once inside the cavern, you will have a few things to pick off before you get to your vampire. I ran into a few rats, a few skeltons, and two lesser vampires before I got to him. I made short work of them all. Hindaril was the easiest of them all though. He did not use a weapon at all, he tried to kill me with his fists. I made short work of him. Maybe I just got lucky, but this was far from difficult.

So, you now have everything. Take it all back to Melisandre. She will tell you she can prepare the cure, and to come back in 24 hours. This is it. Go enjoy your last night as a Vampire. Feast on everyone you can get your bloody hands on. Then go take a nap. The next day, pay your friend a visit again. The cure will be done. Feel free to drink it. You are now officially cured, but your quest isn't over. Remember the count? Head back to Skingrad and pay him a visit. You will be taken to the place where his wife rests. Melisandre will be there also. After a bit of dialouge, he gives her the cure, but it kills her. He requests you give him 24 hours to greive. Go back into the Count's Mansion and just wait for 24 hours. Same as before, talk to the Count. He will thank for you putting his wife at ease, and reward you with 500 gold. The quest is now officially complete.
No he rewarded me with 1000 gold

Destroy all humans-path of the furon: 39 of 40 paris statues found litraly spent all night searching, destroyed all the buildings and stared at every dot on this stupid map!!!!!!!

ALL Assassins creed feathers!! 1000/1000
Mafia 2 wanted posters and playboy mags 1000/1000

Collectables:2
nugget s1m0n:2
simsams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #93
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsams View Post
No he rewarded me with 1000 gold
cash rewards are generally based on your level

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #94
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thank you soo much. I HATE being a vampire. You have to come out at night, because you will die when you're in sunlight. You have to constantly feed on people. I never even asked to be one. I spent the night in an inn one night a woke up and said that I had some dream and that I became a vampire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poqow View Post
unfortunately im part of the thieves guild and that could probably screw me over by feeding on a beggar =/

No, you can feed on anyone you want to. I'm in the thieves guild and I fed on a beggar, nothing happened.

I am now regular in 5..4..3..2..1. Wait, aww I gotta wait 24 hours... Okay.
Woo hoo! I hated being a vampire, but it's all good. Wow, I just realized the last couple posts are all from me.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements

Last edited by CovertDog; 08-04-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #95
fonzycore

fonzycore's Gamercard
Found this on youtube - the addon is only a couple hundred points at most, maybe 250? Anyway, this seems like a lot faster and easier and less of a headache if it actually works. I'm going to load it up just to find out. I don't know if this was posted yet or not because I was too lazy to read past the initial post, but if it wasn't... then here ya go!

fonzycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #96
ZonaBoy89

This cure was a major pain in the ass at least it can only happen once.
ZonaBoy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #97
Arenazombie

Arenazombie's Gamercard
damn it is this quest glitched
Just did it and ran into gamebreaking glitches multiple times, so I had to reload previous saves again.
Anyway the alchemist shop had 6 nightshades so I didn't had to search somewhere else. I found one near the cursed mine at Skingrad anyway.
Finally I'm cured. Was a pain with all this bugs 'n' reloading.
Arenazombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #98
s3xyemo

Que Lo Que xD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i walways go to a church
Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #99
Volzagia

Volzagia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
They made it way to hard to cure vampirism
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #100
mehateme

mehatemex's Gamercard
What a pain in the ass! Finally did it, took me around 2,5 hour "waste" time, and i dont even know how i become a vampire, only sleeped at an inn and it happende ;S.

By waste time i mean. Since you dont do anything for getting achievements it is more or less a waste of time and a pain in the ass
Complete Arcade: 24
Complete Arcade + DLC: 1

Goal 2011: Complete

Working on:
GMT+1 (Denmark)

mehateme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #101
Just Blaze928

Semtex 928's Gamercard
Does becoming a vampire something that you HAVE to do in this game? Ive had 3 playthroughs and each one i have randomly became a vampire!

Completed:
Retail-1
Arcade-1

Working on:
Oblivion 80/1000
Uno 20/200

Just Blaze928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:41 AM   #102
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Blaze928 View Post
Does becoming a vampire something that you HAVE to do in this game? Ive had 3 playthroughs and each one i have randomly became a vampire!
It is contracted when you get hit by a vampire.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #103
CMpunk17

CMpunk17's Gamercard
Arrow Vampires Rule

this is in reply to the vampire cure thread. i don't know what so many of you have against vampires. they are awesome. you can be stronger and faster without the burden of leveling up. it truly makes oblivion more enjoyable and gives a new outlook to the game. plus, the quest to cure the vampirism takes forever. so that should be a sign to just stay a vampire and enjoy it. feel free to respond to being a vampire in a positive way in my thread: Vampires Rule
HTML Code:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3407173#post3407173

Last edited by CMpunk17; 08-14-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: extra
CMpunk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #104
corymonster1

Corymonster1's Gamercard
Just buy the vile lair DLC and it comes with a sleeping person who never wakes up so u can just bite him or there is a way to get a cure thats easy it takes like 10 seconds

Last edited by corymonster1; 08-18-2010 at 02:25 AM.
corymonster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #105
CONKER1182
Banned User

CONKER1182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Or you can download the vile lair add on and not have to go through this tedious quest just to get one vampire cure. I`m probably gonna download that add on so I can go on and max this game out.
CONKER1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #106
CamelToes

Cameltoes92's Gamercard
I didn't think playing the game through as a vampire was all that terrible. Just feed on beggars when your vampirism gets dumb. The added stats helped a bit in the beginning of the game.
CamelToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #107
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
ya i played most of the game as a vampire. sometimes it can get annoying with the sun killing you...but if your well rested with blood and such, there is no problem. love those beggers.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #108
B3AST x KALiD

B3AST x KALiD's Gamercard
that has to be the best guide ever thank you
B3AST x KALiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #109
B3AST x KALiD

B3AST x KALiD's Gamercard
yeh beggers really help and i became a vampire at level 4 now im 20 its so annoying
B3AST x KALiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #110
msparrow117

Send a message via MSN to msparrow117

msparrow117's Gamercard
thank u this guide was very useful, finding gems wasnt a problem, just searching in mages guild halls that annoying task should be easy
Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #111
msparrow117

Send a message via MSN to msparrow117

msparrow117's Gamercard
oh and there are two shops in imperial city for ingredients, i had the bloodgrass, the nightshade and garlic in a couple of minutes, i dont know if someone noticed before but i post just in case
Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #112
nicidee

DaisyDukeDee78's Gamercard
I am really enjoying my Vampirism, actually. I noticed right away when I had contracted the disease (polymorphic hemophelia), but I let it go because I wanted the opportunity to try out vampirism for a bit and I'm really glad I did. I love, love, LOVE Hunter's Sight!!!

I am doing Dark Brotherhood right now and the vampire skills have really helped with those quests, and my plan is to complete Thieves Guild as well before curing myself. You just can't beat the vampire skill boosts and Hunter's Sight power for stealthy missions. And as long as you feed once a night (I like to feed on my sleeping Guild members lol), there are no negative effects!
nicidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #113
Nyxelian

Nyx42's Gamercard
I've gone off the idea of vampirism in oblivion. Look fantastic but when i tried to cure myself, I had the PS3, with no updates, so of course I couldn't cure myself because of the glitch in the game. I'll stick with my stealthy ninja thief thanks
Nyxelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #114
Salvia

SALVIA DITHORUM's Gamercard
This helped out a lot thanks
Salvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #115
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
This helped. Vampirism is a pain in the ass, but I have to say that I liked the Vampire Seduce ability. That helped a lot!

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #116
ChaosGod87

xNoSxPrometheus's Gamercard
Finally not a vampire anymore, thanks a lot for this.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #117
Toams07

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson View Post
Vampirism is a pain in the ass
Depends on your playing style
If you're an adventurer it is a pain in the ass. If you're a thief character however, it's incredibly useful

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #118
loganlogan80

Potatoman80's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide, it really helped me. I'm glad to see daylight again!

30K GS Reached 11/18/2012 with
Lone Wolf Legend 90G
Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty
loganlogan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #119
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coadster1 View Post
Thank you soo much. I HATE being a vampire. You have to come out at night, because you will die when you're in sunlight. You have to constantly feed on people. I never even asked to be one. I spent the night in an inn one night a woke up and said that I had some dream and that I became a vampire.
I don't mind it that much. It's pretty cool, because you get a bonus to all your stats, and as long as your at 25% vampirism it's manageable and the sun doesn't kick your ass. I'm bummed that you don't get the badass invisibility power till you're basically 100% vamp. At that point if you get caught outside you are as good as dead. In any event I find it great for people who like to steal. I can carry a shit-ton, and even if I'm about to get maxed out, wait about 12 hours, and bam, more strength added.

I'll cure it eventually though, it is a bit annoying having to feed every night, but then again, I just usually pickpocket the person and feed, when I do my nightly felon activity

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #120
siatian

siatian's Gamercard
NO vampires rule - especially full blown vampires 100% in the shivering isles, where the sunlight dont effect you
siatian is offline   Reply With Quote