PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Lunar Lander
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline: 7
-Online: "3" (must have location tracking on)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 1 Hour
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3+
-Missable Achievements: None
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements: N/A
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No difficulty settings.
-Extra Equipment Needed?: You must allow location tracking on your WP7 for a few achievements.

Introduction:
Lunar lander is another game in the line of Game Room games on Windows Phone 7. If you are reading this and never heard of Lunar Lander, it is a very very old Atari game, and it shows. But despite the basic look, the premise is fun and simple, and it controls well on WP7. You must work your fuel throttle and manage your fuel to land on a very rocky lunar terrain. Land in tricky areas for more points. Some achievements are quite creative, albeit easy. The WP7/360/PC cross-platform leaderboards are a nice touch and medals earned carry over to all versions.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

In-Game Accomplishments
There are 4 achievements for doing in-game accomplishments. They are:

TryTryAgain
Get the Ball Rolling
Across the Board
Gold Rush

You'll want to do TryTryAgain the very first time you play the game. Your first session score 0 points, then 5, then any other score (as described in the guide). You'll get the rest while you go for your three gold medals. This is where you have a slight touch of something resembling difficulty, but you'll get the hang after a few tries. Any medals you have unlocked in Lunar Lander for XBLA/GFWL carry over here so you may already have a great head start on the medal achievements.

Motion Achievements
Three achievements require you to be in motion as you complete them, so you will need to be in a car or other vehicle.

They are the following:

Velocity Gamer
Keep it Moving
Retro Roadie

To sum them up: play while travelling 35 mph (55 kph), have one playthrough last 2/3 of a mile, and travel 6+ miles (10km) in all your playthroughs.

Misc. Achievements
There are 3 other achievements and these involve zero skill whatsoever. They are:

Shaking Things Up
Credit Where Credit is Due
Full Moon

You simply need to play a game with tilt controls, view the credits, and play a game during a real life full moon. You can get around this however by changing the clock on your phone manually to correspond with the date and time of a full moon.

Conclusion:
A super quick 200, but several of the achievements took advantage of the unique platform it is on in a fun way. You may want to check out the other Game Room games for WP7 as they have some easy and similar achievements as well, although most don't control as friendly as this game does.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11

Last edited by litepink; 05-22-2011 at 06:55 PM.
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Velocity Gamer 20
Travel at over 35 mph (55 km/h) while playing a game

For this achievement you'll obviously want to be sitting in a plane, train, or automobile of some sort. Start a game up while traveling at this speed and the achievement will unlock right away in game. I would imagine you have to allow location tracking when you first purchase the game.

Keep It Moving 10
Travel 2/3 mile (1 km) while playing a single play session of the game

Similar to "Velocity Gamer" above, you'll want to be in a moving vehichle. This achievement however will unlock after the play session is over, so you'll have to keep track when you've traveled 2/3 mile (1 km). I would suggest just staying afloat as long as possible without landing or crashing.

Retro Roadie 30
Travel an accumulated distance of 6 miles (10 km) while playing the game

This doesn't have to be done in one sitting. So like the previous two achievements, keep playing while in a moving vehichle.

Get The Ball Rolling 10
Win your first medal

See "Gold Rush"

Across The Board 20
Win a medal of each type

See "Gold Rush"

Gold Rush 30
Win 3 gold medals

**NOTE** If you have met these requirements already on either the XBLA or GWFL Lunar Lander you get these three achievements for 60 as soon as you purchase the game.

There are three medal types: Score (750 points), Survival (5:00 minutes), and Play Time (50:00 Minutes).

Score:
You get 50 Points for a proper, soft landing. Then of course there are a few multipliers scattered about to increase that. So a 5x landing would net 250 points. So I would attempt 5x landings as often as possible to obtain 750 points for a gold medal. Keep in mind you can float most of the way down to keep your fuel consumption low, and that it may be beneficial to shoot for a 2,3, or 4x multiplier if it is considerably closer.

If you want a visual example, just view the leaderboard section from the main menu. From here, you can view the replays of top players on the Global WP7 leaderboard to get an idea on how to score big.

Survival:
This simply means you must survive in a single play session for a set amount of time or longer. The gold medal is obtained after 5 Mins. To survive a long period of time, just work the throttle to float as long as possible, score does not matter. You'll likely obtain this naturally though anyways on your gold medal score run.

Time Played:
You must play a cumulative 50 minutes for the gold medal. May happen naturally as you work towards other achievements, otherwise float as long as possible to run up the cumulative clock.

Full Moon 30
Play a game during a full moon

For this achievement the game will recognize the exact date AND time of a full moon for the unlocking requirements. Instead of marking your calendars or getting up in the middle of the night, you can change the clock settings on your actual phone. Go to Settings>Date and Time, set clock to manual and change it to May 17th, 2011 at 5:07 AM (the full moon occurs during the 5:08 minute, but this gives you time to enter a game quickly. There is some leeway for this but might as well get it as close as possible).

Now enter a game and float for 2-3 minutes, then spend all your fuel up. The achievement should unlock at the end of the play session.

If you want to do this achievement the way it was intended, here is a calendar of all the full moons for a number of upcoming months/years:
http://www.calendar-365.com/moon/moon-phases.html

Shaking Things Up 20
Played using tilt controls

From the Main Menu tap Help and Options, and switch to tilt controls. Complete one game for the achievement.

Credit Where Credit Is Due 20
Watched the credits in full

Also under Help and Options, tap on the credits and either watch or scroll through them to unlock.

TryTryAgain 10
Surpassed your own leaderboard score 3 times

Very first game you waste all your gas without landing or crashing (zero points). Second game, crash once then waste your fuel (five points). Then get any score greater than 5 for your 3rd score.

Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11

Last edited by litepink; 05-18-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

last reserve

Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
IIRC, gold medal requirements are 750(points), 5 min(survival), 50 min(time played).
Most painless GR title for WP7 so far.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JieXY View Post
IIRC, gold medal requirements are 750(points), 5 min(survival), 50 min(time played).
Most painless GR title for WP7 so far.
I thought it was 1000 for the gold, no? The medal itself has 1000 written on it.

Thanks for confirming the survival I wasnt 100% on that.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by litepink View Post
I thought it was 1000 for the gold, no? The medal itself has 1000 written on it.

Thanks for confirming the survival I wasnt 100% on that.
The highest score I ever achieved was 750, and I got a gold medal for it, which means...

BTW, for Full Moon, if you manually change your cell phone date to a future full moon date(which has NOT happened in real life), the achievement will unlock fine in-game. However, it WON'T be posted to Xbox.com, and of course it won't show up in Xbox Live Extras on your cell phone.

To avoid such nuisance, either 1) Change your cell phone date to any previous full moon date, for example, 04/17/11, or 2) Wait until an actual full moon date comes, which is 05/17/11.

These are just my experiences and I can guarantee 1) works.

EDIT: If you have already unlocked Full Moon in-game on 05/17/11 and can't re-unlock it on 04/17/11, simply delete/uninstall and re-download this game. Now play a game on "04/17/11" and this achievement should unlock just fine on "04/17/11".

Last edited by JieXY; 05-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
JieXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
Padapolis

Padapolis's Gamercard
Instant Achievements Unlocked

Don't forget to add in the guide that if you have played this title on another platform, on the Xbox for example, and you have already acquired medals, those medals will carry over to the phone.

The moment I purchased this game I unlocked three achievements:
Gold Rush (30)
Across the Board (20)
Get the Ball Rolling (10)

60 gamerscore for no additional work because I had already acquired all three gold medals on the Xbox!
Padapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padapolis View Post
Don't forget to add in the guide that if you have played this title on another platform, on the Xbox for example, and you have already acquired medals, those medals will carry over to the phone.

The moment I purchased this game I unlocked three achievements:
Gold Rush (30)
Across the Board (20)
Get the Ball Rolling (10)

60 gamerscore for no additional work because I had already acquired all three gold medals on the Xbox!
I knew that already...then I forgot :P

Will mention that for those who have the XBLA and/or GFWL version(s).

Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by the Guide Team and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Lunar Lander Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote