PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > X-Men Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #61
userscharacter

kickkicksnare's Gamercard
just got it

-After much experimentation I was able to unlock the achievement by playing through the Single Player Mode as each character

Alot of the info in this thread is accurate
- If you see the "Saving" prompt (After magneto) it means that character was added to the achievement progress

- I noticed that for me the "Saving" prompt did not display if I played Level 8 locally with different character

-I'm still not listed at all on the leaderboard despite playing through the game twice on live so I can't vouch for the online method

userscharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #62
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
just got it, as most people have already said Cyclops seems to be broken, i played only Mags with everybody aside from him and Nightcrawler (Nightcrawler was the first character i went through all the way with). Cyc never gave me the saving screen until i played the entire game with him
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #63
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by userscharacter View Post
-I'm still not listed at all on the leaderboard despite playing through the game twice on live so I can't vouch for the online method

I don't have any scores on the Leaderboards....And I've played the game a thousand times already.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #64
LovecraftsTentacle

DeadShade 84's Gamercard
Wow. I'm really not sure what else to say beyond that.

Okay, here's how I got this achievement. My first playthrough was on Japan, Local, with Wolverine. I saw the save screen after I beat Mags. Next I played through on Expert with Cyclops, Local again and saw the save screen. Then I hopped in an online game and beat it as Dazzler, saw the save screen once again. Used Level Select to knock out the other three and had the save screen pop up each time, but no achievement. I decided to play through the entire game Local as Dazzler, thinking she must be the glitched character...but still no achievement and no save screen. Finally, I jumped into a Level 8 game online, picked Wolverine and showed up just in time to get the final hit on Magneto. POP! Achievement unlocked!

All I can say to anyone that doesn't have it yet, is good luck!

Soon to be Boosting Gears of War
LovecraftsTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #65
mickspawn

Feared aussie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
this is how i got the achievement
joined a game online on level 1 as cyclops. Played thru the entire game and it saved
i then proceeded to join in at level 8 online with every other character and it popped fine
got this before most other achievements lol
so yeah you dont need to play thru the whole game with each
do it the way i did it and u will be fine. i had not played at all offline or at all in any other playmodes. joining that game was my first game of x-men
Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #66
Chris is C00L

Chris is C00L's Gamercard
I finally got the leaderboard to register the rest of my characters, so it has me down for beating it with each of the six, yet I still haven't gotten any achievement. It's kinda lame if i have to wait for the patch to fix this.
Chris is C00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #67
RockMan Respect

RockMan Respect's Gamercard
I got the achievement no problem, but now I want to help a friend. My question is, for killing Magneto to count, does the person going for the achievement have to deliver the death blow? Or, if I kill Magneto with Wolverine for example, will my friend get credit for killing him with Cyclops if that's who he is playing at the time?

RockMan Respect
RockMan Respect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #68
californaya

californaya's Gamercard
I played online with every character and never got this, so I played as Cyclops by myself in an online game (just for the hell of it), and got the achievement, starting a new game. I also got Bamf by myself, lol.

californaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #69
Orrest92

Orrest92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikke84 View Post
Yes you can, check my gamercard. I can assure you I've only played the game from start to finnish once.
Maybe you can, i cant. Played through it twice with all 6 characters and beat the last level with all 6 multiple times. Not unlocking,.
60,000G - 08/11/11
80,000G - 10/01/12

Orrest92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #70
Akka

Akka's Gamercard
I tried everything. I beat the last part with every single character on different difficulties multiple times and it never unlocked. finally I went through on normal with cyclops from chapter 1 to finish and it unlocked.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #71
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yea restarting the game with cyclops seems to be the solution, that how i got my achievement not to long ago.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #72
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
I did a first playthrough with my brother online (2 xbox 360), my first character was "Storm", my brother's one was "Cyclops".

Then, we did another playthrough (online), my character was "Cyclops" and my brother's one was "NightCrawler".

Then, we just reloaded the last part of the game (Magneto's fight), still online, beat it with the 4 remaining characters (each time we waiting until the game restarted at level 1 before leaving the game), and we both got the achievement once our last characters defeated Magneto.

For those who have problems to get it, maybe delete your savefile, do a first playthrough with Cyclops like some peoples said, then reload the last fight.

At least, I can confirm for me (and my brother) that "Wolverine", "Colossus", "Dazzler", "Nightcrawler" and "Storm" can be done by just reloading "Magneto" (didn't try "Cyclops" as both of them beat the whole game before with it, but yeah, this character might be glitched if you just reload the last fight).

Note : My brother did the host each time we played the game, not sure if it change something, but I thought it might be useful to know).

Last edited by davhuit; 02-11-2011 at 10:59 PM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #73
valdus

valdor81's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
i'm having trouble too unlocking it, i'll try with the online thing
valdus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 AM   #74
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
worked fine with me
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #75
JordanPlayer

JordanPlaya1337's Gamercard
Played through the game with a friend, then played Stage 8 with him on all the characters. His showed up and mine didn't. After just trying to play Stage 8 again with different people I played the USA rom on Normal from the first stage with cyclops (hosted online) and it popped up after killing magneto.
JordanPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #76
Vitality gauge

vitality gauge's Gamercard
guess I'm one of the lucky ones, got this and all other achievements yesterday when I bought it. Played first w/ wolverine solo on normal . cyclops next joined online game during third level I think. Played through with Colossus on hardest difficulty and the other 3 I joined games late and in one case during magneto fight and the achievement unlocked.

bring on The avengers next please but make the achievements a little harder and less glitched.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #77
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Just play it with everyone except Cyclops starting at Magneto locally, then search for an online game where they're fighting Magneto and join in with Cyclops.

Worked for me, at least.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:56 AM   #78
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
I'm having issues with M.O.M. too, but I'll look into the solutions you guys made.

Sig by Setsuna

The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #79
jnich87

jnich87's Gamercard
beat the game with colossus but the game saved at the menu screen after the credits (japanese rom enabled). do you think that this counted? also beat the game with nightcrawler but again it didn't save this time until i went back to the character select screen. any ideas as to whether either of these counted or not?

Last edited by jnich87; 04-06-2011 at 06:21 AM.
jnich87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #80
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Well, I beat Mag with everyone within both Rom sets (of course difficulty probably doesn't matter), didn't unlock, but after a full playthrough with Cyclops, it unlocked.

Sig by Setsuna

The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #81
Thelorn

Thelorn's Gamercard
Like others, cyclops wouldn't save for me when doing just the last boss level. Instead of doing a full run with him I joined a online game on level 7 and got it once the final boss was killed.

"I don't bring my family with me, back in the day, a ninja didn’t have his girlfriend sitting in the tree waiting to kill shit.”

"Don't be scared homie"

-Nick Diaz

Thelorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #82
Renesis

Guilty115's Gamercard
After reading through this entire thread, I've tried everything listed and no matter what, the game just refuses to save. The only time it'll save is when I change a setting. I'm literally at a loss on what to do.

I start up a new profile and everything works fine. I've tried to delete the save file but I don't see any. I've tried switching out my hard drive, redownloading the game, and nothing.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #83
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
I tried to just beat the last level with the characters and it didn't unlock for me. Once I played through the entire game with each character it unlocked.

Not saying that others didn't do it by just playing the last level, but it didn't work that way for me.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #84
Spider5800

spider5800's Gamercard
Argh, I'm losing my mind with this one. Tried playing through the full game with Cyclops both online and single player and it still won't pop.

I think I may have to delete my save file and start over
Spider5800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #85
Renesis

Guilty115's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider5800 View Post
Argh, I'm losing my mind with this one. Tried playing through the full game with Cyclops both online and single player and it still won't pop.

I think I may have to delete my save file and start over
Kindly tell where you're finding this save file? I would gladly start over if I can even find a save file to begin with.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #86
soloabound

soloabound's Gamercard
just a quick note, i have noticed it only seems to register wins with characters for me when, after the credits it starts you playing thru again. if it takes me straight back to the main menu with the game over screen doesnt seem to register for me.

also storm sucks on this game.
soloabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #87
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
My first playtrought was as Wolverine, then i played online 6 player as Storm, after that i did expert solo with colossus then beated Magneto only with the remaining character. All that never saved on the leaderboard exept Wolverine...

No achiev, until i did the game again on normal solo with Cyclops, it saved and i got it(manage to get beat the game in 25 min or less too)

Only the pill thingy remain, wont be much a problem from what i readed.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #88
THE 1 2 P

THE 1 2 P's Gamercard
For me I beat the game on normal with the US rom for Storm first. After that I just played the Magneto fight for the remaining characters using the Japanese rom. I think it would be much easier for people if they just used the Japanese rom for this.
THE 1 2 P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #89
AKfoy0face

AKfoy0face's Gamercard
got it last night. everyhting went smooth
AKfoy0face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #90
Ryeangle

Ryeangle's Gamercard
Finally got this achievement, just played it from start to finish with Cyclops and it unlocked. Thank goodness! Now, if anyone fancys helping me get my last achievement, 'You fell to our trap!', add me. My gamertag is Ryeangle.
Ryeangle is offline   Reply With Quote