Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Saboteur
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #31
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse89 View Post
I was really excited for this when it was in development, but after a series of poor reviews I decided not to buy it. I picked it up for 8 and I honestly cant see what the problem was. I'm only on act 2 but I'm loving every minute of it, and to top it all off, its a game that actually lasts more than 6-8 hours. Cannot recommend this game enough to anyone that hasn't played it yet
Same here. I didnt buy it right away because of the reviews I saw, and the fact that the game was highly under-advertised. Just picked it up now, and after reading the reviews here I cant wait to try it out. Just have about 10 hrs left on Godfather 2, then this game is all mine
Old 08-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #32
corymonster1

Corymonster1's Gamercard
How old is the game because I looked it up (I've never played it before) and it said it was made in 2009. If that's right than how can it already be in the bargain bin?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #33
mesoungodlyfast

mesoungodlyfast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by corymonster1 View Post
How old is the game because I looked it up (I've never played it before) and it said it was made in 2009. If that's right than how can it already be in the bargain bin?
End of 2009 IIRC. Bargain bin might be because it was so under-advertised that nobody knew about it, so nobody bought it.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #34
abcdelm

Abcdelm45084's Gamercard
Loved the game but its one thing i dont understand in one mission ur getting back a "treasure chest for the brits and when sean looks inside its glowing what the fuck was that ? Just gold ? or anything else ?
abcdelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #35
IRISHCAB4

Send a message via MSN to IRISHCAB4 Send a message via Yahoo to IRISHCAB4

irishcab4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree with you. This is one of my top games to play. I wish they would have added to the game with a DLC or a sequel, but I don't think that will happen as I heard the development company or developers are no longer.

Retail 100% - Captain America: Super Soldier, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 3, Oblivion, King Kong, Backyard Football '10, The Saboteur, Borderlands, Fight Night 3, Gun, Viking, NFS Most Wanted, TNMT, CSI: Hard Evidence, Lost: Via Domus, Cabela's African Safari, Avatar: TBE
IRISHCAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #36
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just ordered this from LoveFilm as I saw it when it was originally in development but like so many others, backed away after the reviews and lack of publicity meant I actually forgot what the release date was at the time.

Read a lot about it since and thought, "hang on a minute, this doesn't actually seem that bad", just shows the reviewers aren't perfect. Can't wait to play it now, and this little thread is re-enforcing my belief that it is a real sleeper hit and one that must be played!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #37
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I'm enjoying the hell of out of this game at the moment. It actually pulled me away from Skyrim for a little while, which is no small feat. I haven't had this much fun killing Nazis since Bloodrayne. Damn shame about the developer going out, I'd love to see a sequel. And of course they'd have to bring back the boobie code .
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #38
MCutshaw

MCutshaw0723's Gamercard
Fantastic game!

I received this game as a gift from a friend. I had never heard of it, my brother in law who at the time worked for Activision had never heard of it, and I almost did not play it because of it. I could not put it down. Every time I go to select games to sell back to the store I pick it up and quickly place it in the do not sell category. I am about to start a new game for another full play through!
MCutshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
chrisk62

QPRs No1 Fan's Gamercard
Yes, i agree that it is very underrated. Although, there are a lot of glitches in the game. Ive lost count of how many nazi soldiers ive seen walking on thin air or dead soldiers floating .

Love the fact that the main character, Sean Devlin, is a drink/smoke/women loving Irishman with a take-no-s**t attitude. .
Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #40
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
Just started playing this game, seems incredibly underrated so far i'm enjoying every minute of it and it's cracked me up senselessly on a few occasions. "He would be happier than a cat with a cream flavored arsehole." That line had me rolling lol.

Great game, highly recommended for the very low price tag.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #41
TheSipuli91

sipuli91's Gamercard
Meh... If you take away hundreds of things you need to blow up to 1000/1000 this game then you don't have much left in the game. While running around blowing up things can be fun for a while, it does become a chore after a while. I'm not sayinng it's a bad game but I can see why it never got that much attention.
TheSipuli91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
SaboteurMaster

Love this game, I keep replaying.
i bought it well after the price drop.

Yes lots of other games are rated higher,
but they are rated by critics and not actual players
most of the sites with player ratings seem to have higher ratings by players than critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdelm View Post
Loved the game but its one thing i dont understand in one mission ur getting back a "treasure chest for the brits and when sean looks inside its glowing what the fuck was that ? Just gold ? or anything else ?
Adolf Hitler was obsessed with religious objects of power (and other things)

Spear of destiny, crown of thorns, holy grail, shroud of Turin

the glowing in the chest as the CGI way of showing the halo that comes with saints and angels

"raiders of the lost arc" "Indiana Jones and the last crusade" are very like this in their depiction of the mythos of the WWII period
SaboteurMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #43
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
I picked this up last month with Riptide and Fallout New Vegas for a total of 28. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

So, I started it tonight, and I gotta say, its been a great game so far. Only got as far as busting Vittore out, but its been great. The atmosphere created by the music and visuals is spot on. I can see myself having a great time with this game. Sean is a great lead character also. Can't believe I have never looked into this game before.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #44
envint251

robandines's Gamercard
It's been a long time since I played this, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's such a shame it never received the recognition it deserved.

envint251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #45
benjamouth

the Woodmeister's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I'm playing through it at the moment, really am enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopBadge View Post
What you people need to understand is that these guides are written by people not magic robots.
benjamouth is offline   Reply With Quote