PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Rogue Warrior
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
AKfourtyseven

bulletoftheyear's Gamercard
good game?

thinking about buying this game.
but i have been fooled before with newish games.

how old is this?
what's it similar to?
whats the gameplay like? fps, 3ps.

Last edited by AKfourtyseven; 07-28-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: sp.
AKfourtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
XTheSceneQueenX

XTheSceneQueenX's Gamercard
Its not brand new, but its new, maybe by a couple of months. I cant realy compare it any game iv ever played. Its a first person shooter. Its not boring at all its a pretty cool game... very brutal though. You can perform kill moves such as spinning the enemy around to face you and the jamming ur knife in his face, you can even here the sound of it breaking through his skull. The nasstiest kill move iv experienced was sneaking up on a guy and sticking my knife through the back of his skull and then twisting it, you can here the skull just craking away, very gross.
XTheSceneQueenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
mortug

the game is extremely brutal. killing someone by jabbing your knife through their eyes is... priceless!
the game itself is not surprising in anyways. the enemies always spawn in the same spots. the AI's are as intelligent as my cut off toenail.
and if you want to go for the full 1000G, expect some terrible multiplayer grinding
mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
gamerdogbert

GamerDogbert's Gamercard
Surprisingly solid, but completely unoriginal.

The shooting mechanics are actually good, the graphics are decent, the swearing is completely over the top. I was actually impressed by the AI; it is smart enough to find new angles and to move in on you if you just sit in one place, which is more than you can say for the vast majority of FPSes out there, even some major-name ones.

The multiplayer is totally dead, and the only 2 game types are deathmatch and team deathmatch. The maps are quite large, but only support 8 players max. Matches refuse to begin until there are a minimum of 4 players, which will NEVER happen unless you get a boosting group together. Seriously, if you bring a group of 4 ppl to boost, you can just play a public game and you'll be the only 4 ppl in the ENTIRE WORLD playing the game at that moment. No one else will show up for hours.

If you're going for achievements with boosting partners, that is the only reason to consider the multiplayer at all, since you'll never be able to start a game otherwise. A well-organized group with a solid gameplan can bust out 100% of the multiplayer achievements in 1.5-2.0 hours per person. You'll need a minimum of 3 other players who will be available for a solid block of 6-8 hours without interruption. If your people aren't good at teamwork and grinding, your effort will fall apart quickly.

If the achievements don't interest you, then you can pretend that the multiplayer doesn't exist and just treat it as a single-player campaign game exclusively. It's not bad; it's way better than Eat Lead, Dark Sector, etc. Nothing special, but fortunately lacking all the bad glitches that most bargain bin games have. It's worth a max of $10 if you just enjoy shooters in general and don't like glitchy games.
gamerdogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
mortug

we were 4 persons. think we spent 4-5 hrs of grinding
mortug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
The framerate in this game blows, the controls blow. The game is literally like 2 hours or less in length if you take your sweet ass time. The only thing I am liking about the game is Mickey Rourke doing the voice over and the over the top kill moves and commentary make me laugh.

Not the worst game I have ever played but it is pretty bad.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Its a definite rental, I enjoyed ploughing through it. In fact I musy get it again so I can get some more achievements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Corrupt. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
Sir Vanity

Sir Vanity's Gamercard
So from what I've grasped..its a buy-used, beat-it-in-a-day, and get-your-money-back game?
Sir Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
Toombs2008

Toombs2008's Gamercard
Yes it is. This game isn't worth more.
Toombs2008 is offline   Reply With Quote