PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alice: Madness Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
jenafer6

Send a message via ICQ to jenafer6

st0rmyweather's Gamercard
American McGee's Alice walkthrough????

Does anyone know if there is a walkthrough for this game anywhere on the web? I am just ready to finish this game and do not feel like trying to figure some parts of it out.. I know it's lazy but I have a ton of other stuff I could be working on. Thx in advance...
jenafer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
CrispyVictim

CrispyVictim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenafer6 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a walkthrough for this game anywhere on the web? I am just ready to finish this game and do not feel like trying to figure some parts of it out.. I know it's lazy but I have a ton of other stuff I could be working on. Thx in advance...
It's really not that hard to figure out for the most part. I used a speed run on Youtube on a couple parts though. Good luck...
Old 06-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah this game is pretty awful and I would like to get through it fast too if possible
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
JKSullivan

JKSullivan's Gamercard
I used one of the ones on gamefaqs for the PC version . . . it was very helpful.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/913791-am...ice/faqs/36858
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Trinity3Sixty

Trinity3Sixty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How long did it take you to get through it? I am not sure I could suffer through too much of this so was wondering how long it takes.

For any of my guides, tips or tricks, visit http://www.bonefishgamer.com/
Trinity3Sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
defaultdotxbe

default dot xbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSullivan View Post
I used one of the ones on gamefaqs for the PC version . . . it was very helpful.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/913791-am...ice/faqs/36858
ditto, very little (if anything) was changed from the PC version as far as gameply
Old 06-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Sorry, have to vent here. This game is SO bad. In chapter 2 you jump across rearranging blocks of walkway and if you miss JUST ONCE, you have to wait like 5 minutes before the walkway blocks animate back to you? Geez!

And to mention the crappy controls and lack of any combat tutorial is just awful. This feels like an early 80's game. Only worse. I'd rather be playing Commander Keen! God, please give me strength to finish this game!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
jenafer6

Send a message via ICQ to jenafer6

st0rmyweather's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Sorry, have to vent here. This game is SO bad. In chapter 2 you jump across rearranging blocks of walkway and if you miss JUST ONCE, you have to wait like 5 minutes before the walkway blocks animate back to you? Geez!

And to mention the crappy controls and lack of any combat tutorial is just awful. This feels like an early 80's game. Only worse. I'd rather be playing Commander Keen! God, please give me strength to finish this game!
lmao, I know right?! It is terrible. F'ed up controls, lack of any direction, so far I am about 6 hours in and I just want to die. Worst part is if you forget to save and die some stupid death due to "floating" off the edge of a platform or something when you jump.... 2 more chapters to go tho.. and thx for that gamefaqs thing, I never remember to look there
jenafer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenafer6 View Post
lmao, I know right?! It is terrible. F'ed up controls, lack of any direction, so far I am about 6 hours in and I just want to die. Worst part is if you forget to save and die some stupid death due to "floating" off the edge of a platform or something when you jump.... 2 more chapters to go tho.. and thx for that gamefaqs thing, I never remember to look there
You certainly hit the nail on the head about the saves. I can't even remember which slot was my last save so I end up reloading several times before I find the right one.

I did read through that guide and now I know I can "shoot" the knife. Maybe I'll die less often and can concentrate on dying from missing platforms instead...
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Dalglish YNWA96

Dalglish YNWA96's Gamercard
I definately would not say this game is awful. This has been one of the best games I have played in a long time. The only reason why I want a guide is to help me find the memories and the pig snouts. Apart from that... I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
Dalglish YNWA96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalglish YNWA96 View Post
I definately would not say this game is awful. This has been one of the best games I have played in a long time. The only reason why I want a guide is to help me find the memories and the pig snouts. Apart from that... I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
Pretty sure they are talking about American McGee's Alice...Not Alice Madness Returns.

OT: I don't understand all the hate AM's Alice is getting. I thought it was fantastic. Sure the game is slightly dated, but I still found it a really fun and enjoyable game. Personally, I ran into more glitches and annoying parts in Madness Returns than I did in AM's Alice. Controls and gameplay did not bother me the slightest bit. Maybe some people just can't get used to the way the game plays or something.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

No, I really loved Madness Returns. Its the original that is a problem. There are no real checkpoints and if you forget to save, and save OFTEN, like after every jump you make, you get to do it all over again! Yay! NOT....
Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
GENWAKU

Send a message via AIM to GENWAKU

genwaku's Gamercard

Quote:

Seriously agreed. What's most infuriating, other than how terrible this original game is, is the fact that I almost don't want to suffer through it for the 1000GS. Madness Returns on nightmare was a piece of cake in comparison and it's all down to this one being poorly designed and, let's face it, just plain difficult even on easy.

I'm about ready to call it quits.
GENWAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #14
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Another thing to mention here, so that nobody else falls into the same trap, the last two save slots are only temporary saves. If you are quitting the game for the current session, make SURE you are not saving to these slots. It appears that the auto save is slot 1 so I recommend saving to either slots 2, 3, or 4 only. Unless its just my system that is wonky...
Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #15
CrispyVictim

CrispyVictim's Gamercard
American McGee's Alice isn't a bad game, it's just old. When it first came out, it was an amazing game. I still enjoyed it 10 years later.

You guys seriously don't recognize why this game isn't as fun as newer games? This game came out before the original XBox was even released. It's not a bad game. If you look at many of the other games that came out in 2000, Alice was a great game for its time.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
Turdboi

Turdboi's Gamercard
I was looking forward to starting this off but after reading these comments I think I will just use a guide torun through it as quick as possible
Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
GENWAKU

Send a message via AIM to GENWAKU

genwaku's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyVictim View Post
American McGee's Alice isn't a bad game, it's just old. When it first came out, it was an amazing game. I still enjoyed it 10 years later.

You guys seriously don't recognize why this game isn't as fun as newer games? This game came out before the original XBox was even released. It's not a bad game. If you look at many of the other games that came out in 2000, Alice was a great game for its time.
I don't know. I'm a fanatic for other older games, from the 80s and 90s and this feels much older than it actually is. Hell, my favourite series of all time are old and have aged perfectly. Monkey Island, King's Quest, Castlevania. All, in my opinion, have aged really well. Alice hasn't.

I mean, the story is flawless. I love it. I love the music, the plot, the characters and I can even sing the praises of the graphics at certain parts, but the game itself, the combat, the platforming... to be frank it's just awful.

Which is a shame because I wanted to love it, but I basically have to force myself through it and it's such a chore.
GENWAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:25 AM   #18
VaRIABLE SoUL

Send a message via AIM to VaRIABLE SoUL

VaRIABLE SoUL's Gamercard
I had this game back in 2000 and I could not get passed the 2nd stage lol. Eleven years later and with a controller I finally beat this game. It's a fun game but I agree with a lot of posters in here about why it's difficult. You need a diff mindset when you play it. Too many times have I been knocked off the platforms into an early death.. But if you stick with it and get the Jacks then the game isnt too bad. Just uh.. be careful with the platforming on the end boss lol.

I'm not your fwend, buddy! >> I'm not your buddy, pal! >> I'm not your pal, fwend!
VaRIABLE SoUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #19
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
Quote:
Another thing to mention here, so that nobody else falls into the same trap, the last two save slots are only temporary saves. If you are quitting the game for the current session, make SURE you are not saving to these slots. It appears that the auto save is slot 1 so I recommend saving to either slots 2, 3, or 4 only. Unless its just my system that is wonky...
Wow, I was wondering why my saves in slots 5 and 6 deleted themselves, I thought it was a glitch. Luckily the last autosave was very recent so I didn't lose much progress.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 AM   #20
xxchelzxx

xxchelzxx's Gamercard
These worked best for me

http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/...McGeeAlice.htm
http://www.archive.org/details/Ameri...eo_Walkthrough
xxchelzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #21
baka32

baka32's Gamercard
nice, thanks you for this alice walktrough

baka32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #22
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Boy, am I glad THAT'S done! Once you get the jacks, it isn't as bad as the beginning chapters. But I never want to play this game again. NEVER!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #23
PBALL

The Real PBALL's Gamercard
That damned Jabberwocky is ruining me! I can't hit it for crap, I can't run, I can't do anything but die. Urgh!
PBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:40 AM   #24
NorthernZoot

NorthernZoot's Gamercard
I followed the video walkthrough found at

It's a great walkthrough for those who didn't really want to spend time figuring out the game, but rather just rip through the chapters as quickly as possible... the player in the video doesn't even stop to fight many of the enemies, and skips by plenty of juicy little powerups and weapons...

But they get it all done in just over 2 hours (including cutscenes, and long black screens during load times). Definitely a great resource for those who just want to be done with those last 6 achievements.

As for me, I'm at 1000G for this game so that's all folks!

NorthernZoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #25
Earth Djinn

Earth Djinn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernZoot View Post
I followed the video walkthrough found at

It's a great walkthrough for those who didn't really want to spend time figuring out the game, but rather just rip through the chapters as quickly as possible... the player in the video doesn't even stop to fight many of the enemies, and skips by plenty of juicy little powerups and weapons...

But they get it all done in just over 2 hours (including cutscenes, and long black screens during load times). Definitely a great resource for those who just want to be done with those last 6 achievements.

As for me, I'm at 1000G for this game so that's all folks!
Thanks for linking this, it's really helpful and (hopefully) will dramatically reduce the time needed to finish AMA so I can finally get started on Madness returns.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #26
Abra x Cadaver

Abra x Cadaver's Gamercard
Thanks for the help guys!
Abra x Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #27
sapphire1983

sapphire1983's Gamercard
If you just play the game without a walktrough how long will ik take?
loved madness returns but I played the first for a short while now and the only reason I keep playing is for the achievements,I hate the way Alice moves in this one and the stupid autosaves at the begin of a level only
sapphire1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:31 AM   #28
DanceRandyDance

DanceRandyDance's Gamercard
I seem to be the only one who enjoyed the original. I remember playing it on my dad's pc when I was younger, and beating it. It was the only reason I had any desire to check out Madness returns!
DanceRandyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceRandyDance View Post
I seem to be the only one who enjoyed the original. I remember playing it on my dad's pc when I was younger, and beating it. It was the only reason I had any desire to check out Madness returns!
That's why I bought Madness Returns as well...but I am having a hard time getting into American McGee's Alice again. It's normal for me though, it seems like the games I used to love and spend hours upon hours playing (most recently: Alice, Duke Nukem 3d, Wolfenstein) now just don't do it for me. I have a brief feeling of nostalgia and once that fades we don't get along too well. I think I'll eventually get through it.
Illicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #30
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
This was the worst game I have ever played.. It was a real pain all the way to the end.

Thank god for the speedrun-guide on youtube!
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote