Snot A Problem

Sir_Lumbo

Thought we could use a thread to share our tips for Snot a problem.

I am trying to learn the maps to go for Earthworms Never Die.. but this level is putting a real thorn in my side.

Please, if anybody has any tips or solutions, share them with the community.

My only real tip to contribute is:

- at the start of every round, more towards Snot and press A. This way, you can usually get two hits in on the first fall.

After a bit more practice, I am starting to win about 80% of the time.

I try to be aggresive as possible, start of by getting him against that wall and keeping him there.

Do not be passive, if you can hit him, go ahead and hit him. Even do this at the bottom of the map and it is safe to do so.

If you find you are way above the snotball on the way up, position yourself right against the wall and he will follow you, although you can't see him. At the apex, press down to lower yourself and smack him into the wall.

If you are going for Earthworms Never Die, I really suggest practicing this one. Only thing working for me so far is to be on his ass the whole time and don't let up.

The first round seems to make or break it for me, so try as much as possible to get a good first round in.

The "Tips for Earthworm Never Dies" thread actually has some good tips down toward the bottom. But here's what I wrote in there about Snot a Problem:

For Snot a Problem, it makes the level much easier if you never slap the boss. So don't hit A, just use the directional stick. When I drop down by the alligator or whatever, I try to be right by one of the sides, if you're getting pushed toward the wall hold up at the very bottom and you should shoot out of there above the snot. Then you should be able to stay close to the edge and he'll stay just about straight under you, move over when you get to the top and start hitting him against the wall.

• 2 months later...

This is easily the most annoying level for the no death run. There is always an element of luck, because it seems major mucus uses his spin attack whenever he feels like it, and if you happen to be cornered against a wall when he decides to attack you (for example, just after avoiding the fish thing), then you're basically boned.

Some things I found useful to get me through most of the time are:

1) at the start of each round, charge at major mucus. You can always get 2 free hits in and if he decides not to move after those, you can take away more than 50% of his health before you reach the bottom by bunkering him against the wall.

2) when he starts spinning, move against the wall and start pressing up and down. It seems to confuse the AI to some extent, and he won't be as aggressive when beating the crap out of you. You'll still get hit, just not as much.

3. Coming up from the bottom, always hold up to get above Major Mucus. You can't do much significant damage going upwards most of the time, so go next to a wall (where he'll follow underneath you), then move out just as he comes on screen to start hammering against the wall again on the way down a la tip 1).

4. Even though the crazy fish can kill you in one hit, it's hard to actually get bitten by the guy. As long as you're moving horizontally in some fashion when he comes up (or you're in a safe zone on one of the 2 edges), he'll never hit you. You can get in a couple of extra hits on the stall at the bottom. Just make sure to start moving away a bit before the fish pops and you'll never get hit.

Those are the best tips I can provide. Using the strategy above, I was able to beat Major Mucus relatively easily (after finding him frustratingly cheap most of the time). If he still decides to spin attack while you're stuck against the wall, you're still screwed though and there's nothing you can really do to avoid it. Just try to end the match as quickly as possible to minimize the opportunities for him to do that. This is just an example of how random elements can really suck when no deaths are required in a game, since the rest of the game (and in fact this level), are actually pretty simple once you know them.

• 5 months later...

yeah fuck major mucus...everytime i get to him, i can obliterate him without bein touched in round 1 and 2...and then he just waits to get me in a corner on round 3 and rapes my little worm dude with a good olllll fashioned random tornado spin! hes such a cheap bastard and this no death cheevo is driving me bananas! any other tips would be greatly appreciated....watched the youtube guy do it but he seems to have been lucky