Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Alpha Protocol
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
xxMaceXxx

xxxx M4CE xxxx's Gamercard
Ready For Anything

ok guys i asked this in 3 threads before but nobody replied so ...

HOW MUCH % OF INTEL DO I NEED FOR THIS ACHIEVEMENT?
xxMaceXxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Mike Conno

orig mike conno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMaceXxx View Post
ok guys i asked this in 3 threads before but nobody replied so ...

HOW MUCH % OF INTEL DO I NEED FOR THIS ACHIEVEMENT?
I'm still trying to get this one. I'm not sure if they mean buying all the stuff at the Clearinghouse or completing Dossiers.
I finished my 1st game with 90% Factions Intel and 80% Individual Intel and still no achievement.
Maybe its the number of Dossiers completed, I don't know.
What I do know, is that there are perks for completing your 5th, 10th and 15th Dossier and there is also a Perk for, quote: "acquiring a great deal of Intel on your mission". I got this one as I bought a piece of intel on a mission somewhere during my 2nd solo mission.

So there seems to be one of two ways to get this achievement:
Either by completing a large number of Dossiers (there are about 30 in the game), or by buying all the intel from Clearinghouse.

I'm doing another run (I've completed 17 Dossiers so far) so I'll get back to you on this when I have some more.
Mike Conno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
xxMaceXxx

sounds good .. i'm on my 5th playthrough .... finished my best one with 93% Factions and 90 % Individual ...
Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
Mike Conno

Quote:
sounds good .. i'm on my 5th playthrough .... finished my best one with 93% Factions and 90 % Individual ...
Wow. I'm only on my 2nd, but I'm taking my time as I've been loading and reloading to explore all conversation topics and listing their bonuses and also listing how to get all the Intel.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
xxMaceXxx

yeah i should have done that earlier ... but its my only achievement left so i hope i will get it now
Old 06-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Ferocious
Banned User

To be honest I have gotten it with less percentage than what some others have claimed in other discussions, although obviously the final percentages after getting the achievement (or perk being I have all achievements so now on subsequent play-throughs I just get the perk obviously) end up a fair amount higher than at the point where I got the achievement/perk. Just check for new intel to purchase on the black market every time you go back to your safe house or to a new one, buy it of course, and search/hack every where you can and you should have it maybe 2/3rd to 4/5th of the way through if you were thorough enough.

Last edited by Ferocious; 06-16-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
Tom Pladgett

Brutopian's Gamercard
I've had this achievement come twice, both with my Live profile and my offline profile. Both times it hit when I was buying intel, and during roughly the midpoint of the last city I've played. So, it may be possible that the cheevo only counts the intels you buy pre-mission. Unfortunately, I neglected to check what my percentages were each time it popped.

That said, I've been pretty damn thorough in going through the missions for intel as well, and choosing 'intel' options in conversations (e.g. you can blackmail Hong Shi for either money or information). Best I've finished the game with has been 100% individual, 95% faction (although I believe the 'secret facts' do not matter for the percentage, didn't have all of those). The faction intel is short because I've never managed to finish the Alpha Protocol dossier to 100%.
Tom Pladgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
Mike Conno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pladgett View Post

(although I believe the 'secret facts' do not matter for the percentage, didn't have all of those)...
You are correct. I've been taking notes of every piece of intel I come across and Secret Facts don't change the % total.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
xxMaceXxx

ok .. i finally hit 1k ... got this last cheevo yesterday when i bought an intel for a mission in Moscow (was my last city) .. it unlocked at 79% Factions / Individual ... so u definatly have to buy the most (or every) intel from the shop .... glad i'm done with it ... nearly 5 playthroughs are enough ...
Old 06-19-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
Mike Conno

Quote:
ok .. i finally hit 1k ... got this last cheevo yesterday when i bought an intel for a mission in Moscow (was my last city) .. it unlocked at 79% Factions / Individual ... so u definatly have to buy the most (or every) intel from the shop .... glad i'm done with it ... nearly 5 playthroughs are enough ...
Thanks. I also got that one today. Same place as you actually.
And it has nothing to do with the % score on factions/individuals.

For those that don't have this achievement yet, keep on buying every piece of Intel available at Clearinghouse and eventually you will get it before the final Mission.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 AM   #11
Deus.EXE

Deus x EXE's Gamercard
How about Nasri. Arresting or Killing him says "Hampered Intelligence-Fathering efforts in the region."

Does that mean that would cause me to lose out on some buyable intel? For those who already got the achievement... what did you do? Extort/Arrest/Shoot?
Deus.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #12
TailSwallower

TailSwallower's Gamercard
What's the likelihood of this Achievement being glitched? 'Cause I've finished 3 playthroughs and in the last 2 I have purchased all of the intel from the Clearinghouse and scoured every level for intel and I still haven't got the Achievement. Never actually paid much attention to the percentages though.

And if it isn't glitched then I'm hoping someone can come up with a more definitive guide to getting it, because it really shouldn't be as elusive as it's proven to be so far.
TailSwallower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
Mike Conno

If it helps any of you, it poped for me when I bought my 55th piece of intel.

You can check this number by going to your email and choosing the Intel tab. Then count all the received mails in that tab. That is because every time you buy a piece of intel, you get a mail from the vendor of said piece. How many have you got?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #14
DeathStarkill

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Upgrades COUNT!!!

RE: Ready For Anything

Buying the upgrades for Explosive Gernande, Mimic Device, First Aid, Etc... DOES count towards this achievement. The only proof I have is that I recieved the Be Prepared Perk after I bought the Mimic Lvl. 2 Upgrade. (I had purchased every other upgrade prior) So not only do you need to buy all of the intel in the clearinghouse, but the UPGRADES as well.

DeathStarkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStarkill View Post
RE: Ready For Anything

Buying the upgrades for Explosive Gernande, Mimic Device, First Aid, Etc... DOES count towards this achievement. The only proof I have is that I recieved the Be Prepared Perk after I bought the Mimic Lvl. 2 Upgrade. (I had purchased every other upgrade prior) So not only do you need to buy all of the intel in the clearinghouse, but the UPGRADES as well.
I got the achievement without buying a single equipment upgrade. They may help, but they're not needed.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #16
Blueprotoss
Banned User

Unwillingshadow's Gamercard
I would just buy all of the intel because you benefict a lot by doing so. I got the acheivement when I did the Hotel mission in Taipei while I played every mission until that was the last option.
Blueprotoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #17
DeathStarkill

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Crazy MF Acheivement

This is the last ACHIEVEMENT I need!! It sucks that the achievemnt is based on how you treat other people. You CANNOT get this achievement if you are doing an EVIL playthrough. That's BULL!! The achievment shoulod be based on getting a majority of the intel you COULD get based on how you are playing the game.

DeathStarkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:17 AM   #18
decaying dead

Decaying Dead's Gamercard
so of everybody that got this acheivement, did anybody actually copy down which intel's you bought...? Just so people know if they have missed one or not. a list of them would probably benefit all the people that haven't gotten it yet.

Last edited by decaying dead; 07-18-2010 at 10:15 PM.
decaying dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #19
Mr1721

xN1Sx Mr1721's Gamercard
From i heard to get this achievement is to buy all intel and pretty much hack/crack safe or w.e. anything possible.. and make sure you complete your objectives. I also heard to start off at Taipei rather than Rome or Moscow. befriend everyone.. and don't kill no one.. save before mission incase you forget something and save after so you dont have to repeat the mission again. hopefully everyone should get the achievement before doing alpha protocol mission. Good luck to everyone.

Mr1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
Hrith

Violence angel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaying dead View Post
so of everybody that got this acheivement, did anybody actually copy down which intel's you bought...? Just so people know if they have missed one or not. a list of them would probably benefit all the people that haven't gotten it yet.
No, but I can check later if I still have that save.

What I know is that you must not kill any bad guy as letting (some of) them live = new intel in shop; you must be friend with Heck, he sells intel. Stuff like that.
It's an annoying achievement to get. I beat the game six times, I only got it twice of the six runs, and I buy everything in the intel section every single mission.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Blue Thunder28

Blue Thunder28's Gamercard
Don't know why this is the hardest achievement for me right now, pretty surprised there's no guide for how to go through the game getting the maximum amount of Intel since doing Rome first or Moscow first and letting everyone live and having all friends AND BUYING EVERY INTEL AVAILABLE didn't do it for me for 4 playthroughs. Will have to try doing Tapei first this time hopefully that makes a good enough difference.

Blue Thunder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #22
DemonRaider1138

DemonRaider1138's Gamercard
For this achievement you have to befriend everybody without making them dislike you. It should allow you to buy from G22, Heck, Grigori(SP?), Hong, Ect, Ect. Basically every faction you have a chance to befriend you need to befriend & they will give you acess to their contacts through the clearinghouse. I actually screwed over G22 at the metting for the extra intel they give you at the end of the coversation. Then chose Albotros as my handler for the final Moscow mission to get him to like me then when doing the mission in Rome I chose to disable the bugs I planted & he agreed that we would work together and he then gave me access to his clearinghouse contacts.

Did Rome first BTW in order to get respected enemies from Marburg as well as getting an extra point of "like" with Sie for screwing over Marburg's plans. Then left Rome for Moscow & then came back to finish Rome, and ended with Taipei.

As the achievement guide says you should get this in the process of getting Thornton Inc. & the one for not killing anyone because if you do those correctly, find all intel throughout the missions, & buy everything from the clearinghouse it will unlock for sure. I tried twice for this achievement & I am almost certain that the intel you find also counts as with one profile I skipped some of the intel in missions & unlocked it near the very end & with the other I found all intel & it unlocked like 2 missions into Taipei.

P.S. As a personal play style I always do Taipei last.
DemonRaider1138 is offline   Reply With Quote