PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Kinect Fun Labs > Avatar Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
TRICKY1976

Send a message via ICQ to TRICKY1976 Send a message via MSN to TRICKY1976

TRICKY1976's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Cant even start up Fun Labs!!

I start up fun labs from dashboard but it just keeps freezing straight away every time!! i DL all the games no probs.

TRICKY1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Stahp

Stahp's Gamercard
The same problem for me, since the update two weeks ago.
I don't know what to do.
Stahp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
IIIT3III

Send a message via AIM to IIIT3III

IIIT3III's Gamercard
How to get around the freezing

To start up Avatar Kinect;

1. Hit the xbox guide button
2. Go one tab left and go to quick launch
3. Go one tab right and go to latest downloads
4. Click on Avatar Kinect and play

This can be done for all fun labs gadgets you have downloaded, in step 3 just go over 2 tabs and find the gadgets you want to play.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
MachineAres

AKB48xIDOLING's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm quite sure it doesn't actually freeze. It looks like the screen freezes every time you start it up, and sometimes it stays on that screen and doesn't move for 2-3 minutes straight, but then it starts up just fine. I think most people are just shutting off their system and thinking it froze without just waiting for a couple minutes.
MachineAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIT3III View Post
To start up Avatar Kinect;

1. Hit the xbox guide button
2. Go one tab left and go to quick launch
3. Go one tab right and go to latest downloads
4. Click on Avatar Kinect and play

This can be done for all fun labs gadgets you have downloaded, in step 3 just go over 2 tabs and find the gadgets you want to play.
How am i supposed to start it if i cant download it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineAres View Post
I'm quite sure it doesn't actually freeze. It looks like the screen freezes every time you start it up, and sometimes it stays on that screen and doesn't move for 2-3 minutes straight, but then it starts up just fine. I think most people are just shutting off their system and thinking it froze without just waiting for a couple minutes.
I had it on the "loading" screen for an hour while I left to do some errands, just sits there. Pretty sure was frozen.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Coldgears

best ln philly's Gamercard
Playing many buggy games throughout my xbox career, I can say without a doubt it was frozen. The two most critical ways to tell if your xbox froze is A. pressing the guide button does nothing. B. when you turn off your xbox, it shuts down within a fraction of a second, rather then 2 - 4 seconds that it takes to make sure it will shut down safely.

Yeah, I posted in like 5 threads on the official xbox forums, you guys might want to add yourselves to the list there (No need to sign up for a new account, your xbox live account works.) As xbox developers, and people in charge regularly check the official forums for issues, more people with the issue, the more likely for them to put effort to fix it.

Also, it is the new patch that is glitching up kinect fun labs, as Goggly Eyes and Kinect Me DO NOT show up in the quick launch, you could alternatively delete your cache on your harddrive (Deletes the update) and when your start up the game, make sure not to download the update, the game will work fine, you will not be able to download any games you do not have, but you can select any of them. Also, when you click on the games, such as googly eyes, it will sign you back into xbox live, so your achievements will still be timestamped.

The funny thing? The patch was made to fix Kinect Fun Labs for people that own a kinect bundle without a harddrive. It works for them now, but in doing so it ruined it for people that don't own the kinect bundle... Wow...

I have 278 completions total, and love to do stackable games.

First in the world to do both Carnival Games Taiwan and Carnival Games American.
Coldgears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
FaSCoRP

FaSCoRP's Gamercard
It freezes on my fat console. I agree about what happens. Even the xbox guide button does not work
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Skititlez

Send a message via AIM to Skititlez Send a message via MSN to Skititlez Send a message via Skype™ to Skititlez

Skititlez's Gamercard
Just tried loading it up so I could download Avatar Kinect and a few of the original programs I never downloaded. Completely frozen.

Have Pinball FX 2 and want a very easy way to get up to 225 of its 1400? Then check out this thread!
Skititlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
hi all.

I figured out a solution that works for everyone. Posted it in a new thread. Have fun playing this! :-)
Old 08-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
QuickMythril

QuickMythril's Gamercard
Wink who wants to share

as mentioned above how do you start bobble head or build a buddy if you can't download it? does anyone want to share the files from content/0000000000000000/58480813/00000002 (for bobble head) and content/0000000000000000/58480813/00000002 (for build a buddy).

everyone would be so glad to get the extra kinect toys, exercise, and gamerscore...!
QuickMythril is offline   Reply With Quote