PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements > Contests and Giveaways
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Driver: San Francisco MP Demo Mega Giveaway (UK)

To celebrate the release of the Driver: San Francisco multiplayer demo, today, we’re joining forces with Ubisoft – much like the humans and the machines did in that god awful Matrix film – to give you the chance to win one of three fantastic Ubisoft bundles.

If you live in the UK, all you have to do between now and Sunday night is to download the Driver: San Francisco multiplayer demo and then tell us what you like about the demo in this here thread. It’s that simple… it’s almost like taking candy from a baby, but with us being the baby and the candy being 5 of Ubisoft’s 2011 titles.

The titles up for grabs are:
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • Tintin
  • Assassin’s Creed: Revelation
  • Call of Juarez
  • Rayman Origins
So now you know what to do, what'cha waiting for!?

Rules:
  • Winners: 3.
  • You must be a UK resident. Note: some may be promo copies.
  • One entry per household.
  • Multiple entries will render all your entries void.
  • Competition will end Sunday August 21st, 2011, at 23:59 GMT. All entries after this time will be deleted and rendered void.
  • Winners will be declared via random number generator after the competition has ended.
  • You must be 15 or older to enter.
  • The prizes will be sent out (individually) to the winners within a week of their release date, Call of Juarez: The Cartel will be sent out within a week of the closing.
  • Game box artwork may vary slightly from those pictured.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.

Last edited by jackanape; 08-16-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Greigyboii

Greigyboii's Gamercard
Thumbs up Driver SF MP Demo

I managed to grab this download earlier today before for some reason disappearing from the XBOX.com page.

I have been a massive fan of the Driver franchise for years and this is no exception. The single player demo was top notch, and I was a little reluctant to trying the MP as online car games usually suck. This is a major exception to the rule tbh, with Trailblazer being my favourite mode so far (but there are only 2 to try, with 9 in final release).

The gameplay is pretty solid too.

I can't wait for release now!! I am craving more gameplay
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Just downloaded it today, the controls are intuitive and it's really fun. I'll probably pick this up when I have the cash.

Thanks x360a!!! Keep up the UK Comps lol, like 5 in a row now.

Thank you Audacious for the sig
Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
oooz1991

Scott430's Gamercard
Downloaded the demo, worth a shot given I loved the older Driver titles. Good to see it back again.
Really like the detail and graphics, the car chase mission is great fun.. Had to replay it a few times! Definitely worth a purchase when it is released!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
adammcd09

Send a message via MSN to adammcd09 Send a message via Skype™ to adammcd09

LulzYouMad's Gamercard
Love the new control system and graphics. Played the original drivers and this is a big step up in my opinion
Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
BeLGaRaTh

oO BeLGaRaTh Oo's Gamercard
Doesn't appear to be a demo to download, just the SP one. And sadly that controlled like you were driving the titanic towing the Anglican Cathedral.

[edit]friend in the US says the demo is available there, is this another US only thing?[/edit]
Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
Verdinial
Banned User

TF x Redemption's Gamercard
At first I was awful at the game, I seem to be getting better by every play on it. I really enjoy the FR on this, feels so perfect. This'll be on my list for sure after trying the demo, really enjoyable demos.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
Xshrimp94

Xshrimp94's Gamercard
im gonna buy it and cross my fingers till i see Leonardo DiCaprio come in and tell tanner its all a dream.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
batmanlogo

It reminds me of when i was i like 9 and playin on driver 1 on the ps1!!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
Waggie2K10

Waggie2K10's Gamercard
Both demos for the upcoming release of driver san francisco are excellent both in their own areas of gameplay. The single player for the person who likes to complete missions and drive around the vast area of san francisco. The multiplayer is for the person who enjoys to battle against competing players acrossthe world. The demo's look excellent. The graphics are crisp and clean, and the gameplay is challenging but fun. I enjoy shifting from car to car in the demo, drifting round the corners jumping over the massive hills, and finally crashing into other cars and causing mayhem on the streets of frisco. It brings back memories from when i was a teen and i used to play the original drivers, the gameplay in the newest addition to the series is better than any other driver game. The handling to the cars you drive is excellent you go aorund corners sideways at breakneck speeeds. Ubisoft and reflection have given everything they have to saisfying the customers who buy and play this game. I certainly cannot wait until the game releases. Both tag and trailblazer are challenging and extremely fun. Tag being the best! The game has a real sense of real life to it, with all the cars imaginable you can drive around the streets of frisco enjoying everything, its like being there in real life! Theres no game better than this at this point in time, im sure it will break the top 5 games of the year.

Last edited by Waggie2K10; 08-17-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
BeLGaRaTh

oO BeLGaRaTh Oo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLGaRaTh View Post
Doesn't appear to be a demo to download, just the SP one. And sadly that controlled like you were driving the titanic towing the Anglican Cathedral.

[edit]friend in the US says the demo is available there, is this another US only thing?[/edit]
Couldn't edit my original post for some reason

Now the demo is available I have to say it is quite enjoyable, while the handling is still questionable (hopefully changed in the final version) the gameplay mechanics for MP is quite good and I am now looking forward to this game.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's not too bad, last Driver I played was Paralel Lines and it's a definate step up from that. Doubt I'd buy it, though.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #13
jabstor

jabzilla's Gamercard
The multiplayer makes me feel like a agent from The Matrix jumping from car to car is pretty fun but also it can be pretty deep as you have to pick which car you want. Fun game.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
shadokidd

tdi xflashmanx's Gamercard
when i first downloaded it today this morning the servers was down, and couldnt find it on xbox yesterday, but now i am so glad i did the game is cool and the shift mechanic is the best for this especially that i would be so far away from the tagged person or the person i need to trail, if i dont win it ill most probably be getting this. plus the qualifyers are enjoyable 2

Last edited by shadokidd; 08-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #15
beelzeboss

beelzeboss666's Gamercard
Pleasantly surprised by the multiplayer demo. I was dubious about being able to shift between cars when I first heard about it but in multiplayer it works quite well and is needed. I find it a bit frustrating that the slightest dink seems to send me out of control but in a way it does add to the fun. Visually it is looking pretty good also. Not sure if it will be a day 1 purchase but it is certainly on my list I will have to give the single player a go
Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
EDDS

EDDS's Gamercard
Just been playing the MP Demo for the last 3 hours and it's friggin awesome!! reminds me of Midtown Madness 2 back in the day. The MP is where it's at with this game.

Awesome!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
bensonrecon

bensonrecon's Gamercard
While it takes some time getting used to the whole shifting mechanic in a multiplayer setting there's no doubting it works. Second guessing the target while fighting it out both on the road and in mid shift with a group of opponents is amazing fun. Great to see a driving game that is trying something completely new at long last.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
xMIKEYGLASSESx

xmikeyglassesx's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Picked up the SP demo last week and had some fun playing that. At first the driving mechanics took some getting used to but after giving it a chance it started to feel a lot more natural.

Moved onto the MP demo today and it all came together. I know Tag is the mode everyone's talking about but I'm loving Trailblazer. The Shift feature has so much more importance in MP and the small field is already really competitive.

I'm looking forward to the full experience, story mode and online.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
2unique

twouniek's Gamercard
I have been waiting on the demo so I see it a few days ago when I jumped on the marketplace.Was/am a big fan of the Driver franchise. Spent countless hours drifting around corners and trying to get away from cops to 5mins later look for more to chase me.

So I really enjoyed the demo. I did not really know what to expect but it surprisingly brought something new to the table. The way you can take control of other cars for tactical advantages but also to change the outcome of a simple chase down is a cool way to go about playing. I liked how the demo gave different type missions to mix it up but to also give you a taste of what your going to get. As for game play itself, very rewarding. I'm sorry but nothing is better than going side wards around corners and you can see your steering wheel spinning.

Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Last edited by 2unique; 08-17-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #20
EpicPandemic

TheEpicPandemic's Gamercard
I loved the demo, while some people may class shift as a gimmick it adds to certain game modes in its own right.

Nothing like zooming the wrong way down a highway with the traffic trying
to swerve into you
Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #21
Bouncybhall

Send a message via MSN to Bouncybhall Send a message via Skype™ to Bouncybhall

Bouncybhall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
After spending the night with the demo - ooer - I have come to the resounding conclusion that the shift mechanic is the work of some enlightened being... Just a brilliant way to level the playing field. Being the under-dog is the best place to be with a city full of vehicles to utilise, conversely (and I'm referring specifically to the Tag mode here) having the tag means that EVERY vehicle *could* be a danger... Paranoia creeps up and makes for an exciting run.

Great concept for what was a great franchise.

Welcome back Tanner!

Retail Game Cheevs 100% - 17
XBLA Game Cheevs 100% - 24

Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #22
kabobles

kabobles's Gamercard
Exclamation

We need some Canada contests here!!

100% (without/no DLC) [15]: 3 on 3 NHL® Arcade, Assassin's Creed II, AC Revelations, Avatar: TLA: TBE, Bobble Head, Dash of Destruction, DR2: CASE ZERO, Fruit Ninja Kinect, The Godfather™ II, Googly Eyes, Harm's Way, Kinect Me, LEGO Batman, LEGO® Indiana Jones™, UNO

100% (SinglePlayer ONLY) [1]: AC Brotherhood

[game names copied from Xbox.com]
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Shifting cars definitely adds something new to this type of game. Not played the Driver series for years, since Driver 2 I think, and was pleasantly surprised by this MP demo. Takes a bit of getting used to switching cars and whatnot, but once you get the hang of it, it's really enjoyable. Definite buy!

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #24
OptimumJay

optimumjay's Gamercard
I haven't played Driver since the first one back on the good ol' PS, after downloading this demo it may just have refueled an interest in the series

Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #25
dave2007

Dave H 2007's Gamercard
Once I got used to the shifting mechanic I was quite enjoying the demo, will probably pick this up if I don't win.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #26
bonzojoe

Send a message via MSN to bonzojoe

Bonzojoe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
really enjoyed both the sp and mp demo's. I can see myself spening a lot of time on the game when it comes out.
Really pleased with the shift feature, at first i was unsure about it, but after playing around with it, it's definatly a great feature.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #27
tugboatman

D3L1V3R4NC3's Gamercard
Played the demo and i love it great mechanics, good visuals and cant wait for release day for this

Trials Evolution
Bronze : 79
Silver : 79
Gold : 79
Platinum : 78

SEND A MESSAGE WITH FRIEND REQUESTS OR THEY WILL BE IGNORED!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
GhostFalcon3

Goreman 3's Gamercard
I liked it, but then again I don't really play many racing games so there's not too much comparison with that aspect. However, the game did bring some interesting conceps like firstly shifting. I didn't really get it first time out but playing the game more it became easier to just quickly use without making it a hassle to switch cars what was very good. Having to escape the cops was also fun as well, with a similar GTA aspect of escaping their radar as well.

Car controls were normal like always what was good, as I didn't want it to stray away to anything more complicated to use. I also tried to find Lombard street, but being a demo you couldn't get tp that place yet.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #29
TPF_Raiden

iGrimoireWeissi's Gamercard
My thoughts on the MP demo...

There is nothing more hilarious that playing Trailblazer with friends and shifting into a oncoming Semi-Truck. The delayed "FFFUUUUUUUUUU" sent chills of pleasure down my spine.

The MP has certainly made Driver: SF a day one purchase.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #30
Terma8r

palacsinta's Gamercard
i know eh! ;D

Closed Thread