Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #1
Mil

Legacy Demo Video + More DLC

http://www.gamespot.com/events/ea201...or;all;title;4

So that's the demo video.

I think the most important detail from the interview is when he mentions how this up-gradable weapon that Hawke will have can be used in the main game and "future DLC" as he put it. So it seems like they definitely have more content planned.

I'm not sure how I feel about the up-gradable weapon myself, it's bad enough you barely get any customization weapon/armor wise but I assume this weapon can potentially become the best in the game, making it so if you play from the start you are pretty much set for the whole game.

But at least we now know that the "4 Key" achievement is tied to the upgrades of this weapon.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
bakeryfreshgame

bakeryfreshgame's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Upgrading weapons sounds like Fable 3... I hope that is the only thing Bioware plans on doing that Lionhead has done.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
UtaArashino

Uta Arashino's Gamercard
There were already a handful of "upgradable weapons" of a sort in the actual game. At the very least, Fadeshear upgrades as you level.
"It is one of the only weapons in the game that levels up with the player."

I feel bad because the biggest reason I'm looking forward to the DLC is because I just got all the achievements, but didn't 100% it because the new achievements are up. ^^;
(Second biggest reason so I have an excuse for another playthrough.)
UtaArashino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Kevin 737

KEVIN 737's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtaArashino View Post
There were already a handful of "upgradable weapons" of a sort in the actual game. At the very least, Fadeshear upgrades as you level.
"It is one of the only weapons in the game that levels up with the player."
I didnt know there were other weapons like Bianca in the game. Do you know what the other weapons are that level up?

I have to say Legacy looks nice, especially with the new environments and new darkspawn. Just wondering what the prison is holding, maybe another archdemon?
Kevin 737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
bakeryfreshgame

bakeryfreshgame's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Well there is Fadeshear Kevin as Uta said but I can't remember any others... I believe Fadeshear is DLC but I can't remember what its from as I haven't played it since I got my 100% a few months back.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
XjadonX

XjadonX's Gamercard
I look forward to this dlc
XjadonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
thecallahan

Thecallahan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin 737 View Post
I didnt know there were other weapons like Bianca in the game. Do you know what the other weapons are that level up?

I have to say Legacy looks nice, especially with the new environments and new darkspawn. Just wondering what the prison is holding, maybe another archdemon?

I'm guessing another bloodmage or two
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
DeFFeR

DeFFeR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin 737 View Post
There's two daggers (Jarvia's Shank, Beraht's Revenge), a hand-axe (The Edge of Night), a stave (Apostate's Courage I think it's called... not sure) and some other weapons that I haven't touched yet (waiting for warrior playthrough). These were all in the item pack, all classes.

Fadeshear, and the others were in the Signature Edition (pre order bonus) - these generally stink. Low level items (good for Act I) and the "level up with you" items are usually a step behind the average item from the Act you're in.

For my Mage playthrough, I saved all my coin for "The Final Thought" but it really wasn't worth the coin. I was a DPS mage, and the difference between that and my other stave was 6 damage total after all bonuses were accounted for.
DeFFeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i got Final Thought for my mage too, and its ok i guess. i put on a fire rune and Sandal's special one which i think is the one that increases damage (Devastation?) and im pulling around 110 physical damage per shot plus the fire and whatever else elemental damage it does. so its fine, just think its a bit high priced. but its not like there was anything else to spend money on.

for my warrior, the Hawke's Key will do just fine for any future DLC. its pretty hardcore.