PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Reefer Madness
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #31
budden11
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 176

Budden260890's Gamercard
Response

Maybe you could finish my above idea in 5 minutes, but what i'm getting at is, although I love the way this game was designed and was a different outlook on gaming, I think it was too repetitive, I mean by the end of the game I was getting bored of pointing at useless clues, and asking a bunch of questions, I need action, the last DLC provided more action less questioning, but maybe I just don't know what I want from a detective game.
__________________
The best in the world!

Gamertag: Budden260890
budden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #32
SuperSkyline89
 
SuperSkyline89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada (EST/GMT -5:00)
Posts: 1,876

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budden11 View Post
Maybe you could finish my above idea in 5 minutes, but what i'm getting at is, although I love the way this game was designed and was a different outlook on gaming, I think it was too repetitive, I mean by the end of the game I was getting bored of pointing at useless clues, and asking a bunch of questions, I need action, the last DLC provided more action less questioning, but maybe I just don't know what I want from a detective game.
I understand that, I'm also sick of the gameplay in Noire, it's boring. But that's not them making the game wrong, that's just us not liking this type of game.

I've decided that as far as Rockstar is concerned I'm just going to stick to Grand Theft Auto and maybe Midnight Club from now on. Noire isn't my type of game, but that's because this type of game itself is too slow paced, not because they designed the game poorly.
__________________
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #33
DanielH
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sparks, NV
Posts: 638

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
HERE IS THE OFFICIAL ANSWER CLICK BELOW:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/17331/la-noire-reefer-madness-dlc-trailer-coming-thursday-july-7th.html

FROM THE WEBSITE:

Reefer's the last case, and it's a great one - get ready

http://www.totalvideogames.com/LA-Noire/news/LA-Noire-Reefer-Madness-DLC-Goes-Live-16591.html

FROM THE WEBSITE:

will receive this final instalment of DLC

Last edited by DanielH; 07-12-2011 at 06:14 PM.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #34
malicemike2121
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 55

Malicemike2121's Gamercard
This game wasnt made for action you knew that when you bought it.If you want action go play something else and stop complaining.
malicemike2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #35
acidbrn
 
acidbrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 41

acidbrn's Gamercard
I agree it was a good game when it first started. But now the whole things seems old. I wouldnt mind if they dont release anymore dlc for this game for quite some time. Of course with the whole falling out between Rockstar and Team Bondi there may not be anymore LA Noire till the sequel comes out.
acidbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #36
Mudvayne Psycko
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5

Mudvayne Psycko's Gamercard
Dlc

Yea we can only hope.
Mudvayne Psycko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #37
Vein 666
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 184

Vein 666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE D ZASTA View Post
Hopefully this will be the last one. I've had my fill of the game and it was fun while it lasted but gets repetitive quickly. Since this is such an easy game to complete I will still buy all DLC to have the game maxed out.
Hear hear. This game got old quickly, doing the same thing over and over again. DLC's were ok, not great, and too short.
Vein 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #38
KNIGHTOFSERA
 
KNIGHTOFSERA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,333

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I wish there was more DLC, sadly there probably wont be and the way things have went with bondi and rockstar it might be difficult to see a Noire 2

I still dont see how people saw this game as boring, well I mean I can see it....I guess I was too into the games cases and story to notice the repetitiveness others saw...I just think too many people saw rockstar and thought GTA style action

yeah sure you go around, look at things, ask some questions, tail some people, chase some people, shoot some people...sure you do all that about 20 times over but I didnt mind because I didnt notice becuase I was too involved in the story/case....the only repetitive parts I thought were the street cases since they were all pretty much the same 3 scenarios (not to mention the fact I did 75% of them in a row)

I guess different strokes for different folks because I think GTA is quite boring myself and would much rather play noire, the stories of GTA games just dont interest me
__________________


Last edited by KNIGHTOFSERA; 07-13-2011 at 01:11 AM.
KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #39
seven43861
 
seven43861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 360

Seven43861's Gamercard
From an interview between Kotaku and Rockstar, more DLC could be on the horizon.

http://kotaku.com/5820816/la-noire-i...-rockstar-says
seven43861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
the_b1ues
 
the_b1ues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vault 101
Posts: 3,505

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
To be honest as much as i liked this game when i first got it i did get boring rather quick
__________________

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #41
SuperSkyline89
 
SuperSkyline89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada (EST/GMT -5:00)
Posts: 1,876

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTOFSERA View Post
I wish there was more DLC, sadly there probably wont be and the way things have went with bondi and rockstar it might be difficult to see a Noire 2

I still dont see how people saw this game as boring, well I mean I can see it....I guess I was too into the games cases and story to notice the repetitiveness others saw...I just think too many people saw rockstar and thought GTA style action

yeah sure you go around, look at things, ask some questions, tail some people, chase some people, shoot some people...sure you do all that about 20 times over but I didnt mind because I didnt notice becuase I was too involved in the story/case....the only repetitive parts I thought were the street cases since they were all pretty much the same 3 scenarios (not to mention the fact I did 75% of them in a row)

I guess different strokes for different folks because I think GTA is quite boring myself and would much rather play noire, the stories of GTA games just dont interest me
The game is pretty immersive the first time through, I was very into it during the my first play. But I went through the game 3 times start-to-finish before I got all the achievements, and case by case the small aspects of a game become more and more apparent.

Any game can be fun the first time through, that isn't hard, lasting appeal and replay value though, those are hard. And that, that's the reason I sold the game only hours after getting 1400 gamerscore.
__________________
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #42
gazmaster1
 
gazmaster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Caerdydd, Cymraeg
Posts: 1,430

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post

Any game can be fun the first time through, that isn't hard, lasting appeal and replay value though, those are hard. And that, that's the reason I sold the game only hours after getting 1400 gamerscore.
looks like you may have sold it to quickly as there may be more dlc on the way according to the home page of this very website.
__________________
gazmaster1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #43
SuperSkyline89
 
SuperSkyline89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada (EST/GMT -5:00)
Posts: 1,876

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmaster1 View Post
looks like you may have sold it to quickly as there may be more dlc on the way according to the home page of this very website.
I'm not about to risk losing trade-in value on speculation as concrete as a wet paper bag.

If they do release DLC I'll wait until the game is worth five bucks and get it again, but until then I'd rather have $30 towards Forza 4 than a game that ultimately disappoints.
__________________
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #44
KNIGHTOFSERA
 
KNIGHTOFSERA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,333

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
The game is pretty immersive the first time through, I was very into it during the my first play. But I went through the game 3 times start-to-finish before I got all the achievements, and case by case the small aspects of a game become more and more apparent.

Any game can be fun the first time through, that isn't hard, lasting appeal and replay value though, those are hard. And that, that's the reason I sold the game only hours after getting 1400 gamerscore.

well I guess thats true, knowing all the answers does destroy the re-playability...but I would still take that 1st time playing over playing some other game 2,3...etc
__________________

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #45
Graivul
 
Graivul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Yorkshire, England
Posts: 929

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think there will be more based on recent news, the game deserves it.

The recent batch of DLC's were admittedly short but I thought they added nicely to the main game. Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve for the next batch! Great game, looking forward to another chance to play it with some fresh cases!
__________________


Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #46
MEChA BOy
 
MEChA BOy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 23
i don't think so, but maybe 1500 G...
MEChA BOy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #47
GunLucky
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 87

GunLucky x's Gamercard
I've got 1300 gamescore on L.A. Noire, but I've sold the game now; all I need is 5 more achievements which are all in the Reefer madness case. but don't really want to get the game back for 100 gamescore. :/ If they bring out more DLC, I guess it'll be worth getting back.
GunLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #48
ColdSpider72
 
ColdSpider72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Port, Fl
Posts: 1,999

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This is an update to the story regarding further DLC:



UPDATE: Since the publication of this story, excited L.A. Noire fans have been wondering what Rockstar's statement means and have asked Rockstar via the studio's official site. The official Rockstar response on the site was: "all that statement is referring to is the Consul's Car case which we hope to be bringing to more of you soon. Stay tuned!"

Not worth holding on to the game for, IMO. I heard it was super short and of course no achieves.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #49
HugTheBear
 
HugTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,638

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8er_0208 View Post
If they make another DLC, I would like it to be set after 'the ending' playing as Jack Kelso on a fraud case that ends up to be Roy Earle.

Great idea, man!
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #50
Fliptriq
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5

Fliptriq's Gamercard
I read somewhere that they were going to adapt real crimes from major news stories into the game. Hopefully they do this, I liked the game but so far the DLC was kinda boring. Great game though.
Fliptriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.