PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Quake Arena Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
MetalSonicNL

This game sucks

I am an old skool gamer, i used to play UT99 and Quake 3 alot. But this game, this Quake arena game on Xbox live, it simply sucks. The graphix dont have the expected high definition remake. The price is way too high.

UT3 is a good example how it should be done, Quake arena is the opposite. Despite the quanitity of maps, the overall quality is just not worth the 1200 microsoft points...

Such a shame
MetalSonicNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
chucky3ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalSonicNL View Post
I am an old skool gamer, i used to play UT99 and Quake 3 alot. But this game, this Quake arena game on Xbox live, it simply sucks. The graphix dont have the expected high definition remake. The price is way too high.

UT3 is a good example how it should be done, Quake arena is the opposite. Despite the quanitity of maps, the overall quality is just not worth the 1200 microsoft points...

Such a shame
I'll definitely agree with you that it should of been 800msp at the most, but although it's not the greatest thing in the world, it is quite enjoyable!
chucky3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
MetalSonicNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky3ds View Post
I'll definitely agree with you that it should of been 800msp at the most, but although it's not the greatest thing in the world, it is quite enjoyable!
Thats also my point its the relation with the price that give me an unpleasent feeling. It would be better with 800 microsoft points. Paying 1200 for this feels wrong.
MetalSonicNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
Blizzard-1

DayzeUK's Gamercard
1200 does seem a little expensive based on the trial version.
Blizzard-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
chucky3ds

Quote:
Thats also my point its the relation with the price that give me an unpleasent feeling. It would be better with 800 microsoft points. Paying 1200 for this feels wrong.
Hopefully one day it may come down in price. Unfortunately, in my opinion, there aren't many arcade titles worth 1200msp with the few exceptions.
chucky3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
hoernchen

braiinsss's Gamercard
after playing this for 2 or 3 hours, quake arena is imo easily one of the best arcade games that have been released on xbla. there have been 1200msp titles this year that i really couldn't see being worth the price tag, but not this one.

there are flaws and some missing things, but in all i'm very happy with this...
Old 12-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoernchen View Post
after playing this for 2 or 3 hours, quake arena is imo easily one of the best arcade games that have been released on xbla. there have been 1200msp titles this year that i really couldn't see being worth the price tag, but not this one.

there are flaws and some missing things, but in all i'm very happy with this...
Couldn't agree more..

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
Lord Gothic

Lord Gothic's Gamercard
I have only tryied the trial version so far but the controlls was'nt very good so i got bored quite fast. And it should have been 800mspoints instead of 1200. Migth pick it up sometime in the future though when its on deal of the week
Lord Gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Stevey Boy2006

Original Bstard's Gamercard
Think Im gonna download it when I get home from work.

If you wait til its deal of the week no-one will be playing it online
Old 12-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
ConfederateSuga

Send a message via MSN to ConfederateSuga

Launcher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not complete shit. If you like the arena-style Quake games, you'll enjoy this one. Definately worth the investment IMO. Picked up all 3 Arcade Games today xD. I was getting X-Men regardless and then I saw Quake and nearly pissed myself. And then the other one was only 400MSP. Couldn't pass that up. Got just enough left for A World of Keflings next week and I am done with Arcade Games for the year....unless something good comes out on 12/29, THEN I'll be done for the year :P lmao.
ConfederateSuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
mcnichoj

mcnichoj's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfederateSuga View Post
Not complete shit. If you like the arena-style Quake games, you'll enjoy this one. Definately worth the investment IMO. Picked up all 3 Arcade Games today xD. I was getting X-Men regardless and then I saw Quake and nearly pissed myself. And then the other one was only 400MSP. Couldn't pass that up. Got just enough left for A World of Keflings next week and I am done with Arcade Games for the year....unless something good comes out on 12/29, THEN I'll be done for the year :P lmao.
Raskulls. If you buy that, Keflings and ilomilo they will unlock content for each other.

That aside I do think the price is steep and I think they are using the XBLA port to help fund the free online web browser version:
http://www.quakelive.com/#!home

Whatever the reason I still bought it because I've been waiting so damn long.

“You’re acting like a little girl lately. And not in a good way.” - Henry Winkler
RIP Oderus Urungus
mcnichoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
I SaMsTeR I

Send a message via MSN to I SaMsTeR I

Samy Salti's Gamercard
When I tried the trial, it kept putting me in third person anyone know how to get rid of that?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
GILLHUHN

GILLHUHN's Gamercard
Quote:

Such a shame
Oh yeah because $15 is to much money for 30+ maps and honestly the graphics are fine. I think you missed the whole point here. The point was let's bring quake 3 to arcade with more maps "slightly" improved graphics and a slightly redone SP experience. All bundled together for $15.

Last edited by GILLHUHN; 12-15-2010 at 08:54 PM.
GILLHUHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
BrassBallz
Banned User

Sixgun Samurai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
Couldn't agree more..
I love this game as I was godlike at the PC version. Only disapointment is no DM12
BrassBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassBallz View Post
I love this game as I was godlike at the PC version. Only disapointment is no DM12
Don't care, as long as q3dm17 is included.. ; D

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #16
Mr Schultz

MR SCHULTZ's Gamercard
Game plays smooth, far better than UT3.
Very little aim assist, 60fps, colorful.

I'm thankful for this and Perfect Dark HD remakes.

Playing it with a XIM3 is awesome, too.

Mr Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote