PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Ashes Cricket 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Total Backline

inmatoor's Gamercard
Best Way to get quickfire Wickets

This game can get tedious trying to do the bowling achievements and to also complete the Ashes series victory. Hopefully this post will help you get all achieves and games won as fast as possible.

Select the Ashes series and pick England as your team (sorry fellow aussies!). When bowling, try to use Swann as he has the Doosra and always set the field at Attacking Off Spin 13. NOTE: Always use the Doosra (X)! I always bowled over the wicket as well.

Left Handed Batsmen - Hit X to start the bowl and target right of the default. I always tried to get it in the area just as the colour changes from light green to dark green. When you hit X for the second time to actually deliver the ball, select it in the top quarter of the "middle" green area. This combination for lefties almost always results in a catch at deep mid-off.

Right Handed Batsmen - Hit X to start the bowl and leave it at the default area. When you hit X to deliver the ball, try to get it in the third green area (light green). This usually results in catches by the keeper, caught and bowled or catches by cover.

Hopes this works for you. I usually bowled the opponents out within 10-12 overs for between 45-60 runs without saving. Just save and reload at any time to do a particular achieve.
Total Backline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
el_rezzo

reptilescorpio's Gamercard
Yep I agree that spin bowling is the quickest way to get wickets. I used Australia and played a test against Kenya on Easy.
Just bowl Clarke and Katich to Aggressive Spin 5 fields.

When bowling you want to drop it just short of the batsmans feet so it will go on to hit the stumps due to spin. So for Clarke bowl just short aiming the circle on leg stump so it will spin onto off stump. For Katich bowl on off stump so it will hit leg.

Doing this I picked up all the bowling achievements very quickly and ended up bowling them out in 4 overs in the second innings once I hit on this idea. To get 4 wickets in a row just save your game after every wicket and reload if you don't get them out.

I doubt this works against the better teams or on higher difficulty but I've 1000 it so I didn't bother to check.

el_rezzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
xxxacexxxconks

ah thanks guys i used Total Backline's method and it worked a treat to get me:
1)4 wickets in a row
2)10 wickets in a innings with same bowler
Now ive got my 1000g
xxxacexxxconks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
jblack000

jblack000's Gamercard
Total Backline your guide worked well for me, thanks.

handy tip - if you do a bowl in the dark green then one in the lighter green, the batsman is unsure if you are giving him a fast/slow ball. i was getting two outs every over.

put simply - first bowl press x in the light green area of the meter.
second bowl press x in the dark green area of the meter.
jblack000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
chelseaman99

The SFC Chris's Gamercard
This works very well, thanks a lot.
chelseaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I actually struggled with spin bowlers. I ended up just fastbowling straight at the feet everytime...