PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #31
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have never bashed a game before - I could NOT stand this game at all.

Just seemed so fucking annoying at times, I wanted to piss down that black mans throat. "Shut the fuck up!"

Graphics suck. Voicing sucks. Everything is shit. First level I sat in the humvee waiting for my dumb AI buddies to get a move on. They just stood around. Commanding them didn't even work. I had to get out and pop a few rounds into one of them before they decided to get into the fucking humvee.

Game just sucks. Anyone know the trade in value? I paid full retail 59.99 -- would I make more money selling it on Ebay or trading it back to gamestop.

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #32
Warfighter1000

Warfighter1000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
I have never bashed a game before - I could NOT stand this game at all.

Just seemed so fucking annoying at times, I wanted to piss down that black mans throat. "Shut the fuck up!"

Graphics suck. Voicing sucks. Everything is shit. First level I sat in the humvee waiting for my dumb AI buddies to get a move on. They just stood around. Commanding them didn't even work. I had to get out and pop a few rounds into one of them before they decided to get into the fucking humvee.

Game just sucks. Anyone know the trade in value? I paid full retail 59.99 -- would I make more money selling it on Ebay or trading it back to gamestop.
I don't take anything you said seriously after saying the graphics sucked. Your just some angry 12 year old kid so you just say everything about the game is bad.
Oh and the humvee situation, you have to wait for Alpha and Charlie team to get on their humvee's.
Warfighter1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #33
SN0W SERPENT

SN0W SERPENT's Gamercard
Dragon Rising was ok, but this game has it beat in just about every category.

Too often in DR were you pitted against ridiculous numbers of enemies bearing down on you with 50 cals, armor, etc.... it just wasn't realistic for a small fireteam to be able to handle all that at once. Playing through the missions was mostly just annoying, and there wasn't much actual fun involved. In Red River, you are working with an entire squad, and none of the encounters are so absurd. Every mission is fun, and you are constantly using different tactics/equipment/etc. Also, the ability to customize your weapon kits with various scopes and whatnot is awesome, as are the various mods for your character.

I don't know anyone who played DR ever again after finishing the achievements. But with Red River, people can't seem to get enough. The FTE's are a blast, and you can always challenge yourself to get better scores. The replay value for Red River is so much more than DR that they hardly seem like the same franchise. Red River is what Ghost Recon could have been if Clancy hadn't sold the rights to it. Amazing game.

Best tactical shooter yet for the 360, hands down.

CSAR player score - 1st
CSAR team score - 1st
Rolling Thunder player score - 2nd
Combat Sweep player score - 4th
SN0W SERPENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #34
SN0W SERPENT

SN0W SERPENT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfighter1000 View Post
I don't take anything you said seriously after saying the graphics sucked. Your just some angry 12 year old kid so you just say everything about the game is bad.
Yeah, that kid's post is so full of BS that it is actually funny. It's people like that who would run-n-gun the GRAW games and get mowed down every time.

Let's face it, a game like Red River that requires actual intelligent strategy is always going to get bashed by the average-joe masses (and the typical shortsighted critics).

Most people just don't have what it takes to be good at games like this - even if they are taking their Ritalin.

CSAR player score - 1st
CSAR team score - 1st
Rolling Thunder player score - 2nd
Combat Sweep player score - 4th
SN0W SERPENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #35
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
Just got this game, am hugely impressed. I've been looking for something more akin to a Mil-sim than another arcade shooter. Only let down by the OTT voice acting that marred an otherwise very mature game.

I haven't played the first one so I had no room for disappointment on that score but I do feel as a standalone game this deserves some substantial credit.

P.S Not meaning to stir up old shit, but that Strid guy slagging off all mainstream games and accusing everyone else of having a "middleschool attitude"? Yes sometimes unjustly popular franchises get too much credit. However that does not mean that because a game is popular or mainstream it is theerefore crap. That is a childs mentality, automatically dismissing often good games purely due to their popularity is really rather sad.

CoD may not be as good as many insinuate it is, but it's the best at what it does. King of the reflex shooters.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #36
MasterSparky

mastersparky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Co-op is where this game shines, after playing through the game on solo once, i had no real interest in going through a 2nd time by myself, but after finding some people online who knew how to play it was so much more enjoyable. There were moments that felt like the 4 of us were in a real combat situation.

The game seems to come alive in co-op, during the night mission where you have to destroy the convoy, it became frustrating in single player as the rest of the team kept messing it up and dying but with 4 players and some well co-ordinated team work, this part was a lot of fun and felt real.

When reviwing the game you almost have to review it once for single player and again for co-op.
Agree 100%. game is amazing in co-op!! Put so many hours into this. Just need one more class to level 20 to 1000 it!! (not gonna bother with DLC as the millionaires club looks far too hard)

Best co-op game I have ever played..seriously.

MasterSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #37
Timolo

Timolo's Gamercard
you guys are right!!
this game has its faults ( too many bugs and crashes for instance) but I really can't stop playing!
coop is a blast and also the community is fine!
I'm sorry to see not so much people playing it as it deserve...and I'm sorry to have no further details about upcoming dlc!
Timolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #38
sean1187

Send a message via Skype™ to sean1187

sean0187m's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
have the game for pc if anyone wants to do coop since virtually noone on pc plays it
sean1187 is offline   Reply With Quote