PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Unbound Saga
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
The worst game since Superman 64 and why you shouldn't buy it.

I am dead serious. I'm sure some will disagree and try to validate their purchase, but be honest with yourself. This game is a glitchy, sluggish mess.

It freezes, it corrupts, achievements and avatar awards glitch or don't unlock at all. The gameplay is some of the most tedious button molesting I've ever engaged in. Maybe if the developers play-tested this monstrosity before vomiting it up onto the marketplace, it might have been more bearable. (Or perhaps a patch to fix the numerous technical issues?)

This game's only two saving graces are the music at the main menu, and the dialogue throughout. I'll admit both of these things are pretty awesome, but not awesome enough to rescue this train wreck from being a train wreck.

Please, do yourself a favor and do not get this game. I bought it at an obscene discount of 160 MS points and I STILL feel ripped off.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.

Last edited by PaleVoyager; 04-11-2011 at 04:11 AM.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff
 
Tyger7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,253
Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I thought it was a somewhat enjoyable 200. I mean, had to have been a better experience than your 1000 in Deadly Premonition!??

I took it as an easy game to complete, not much more than that. So for the price, based on achievements, was an awesome buy. I'll never play it again though.

The only glitches I found were in multiplayer, where an enemy would not be able to be killed and only one of us could see him. Single player I did not see one glitch. Did you only play co-op?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cne9979 View Post
Another great guide, you are the best Tyger. There should be a forum section comprised entirely of your guides alone with a top sticky thread for praise.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
I played both solo and coop. Both of them gave me numerous freezes and issues (including the one you mentioned.) I'm sure there are people who have played the entire game without encountering a single issue. Law of averages and all that.

Yes, it's an easy 200, but that doesn't excuse the fact that this game has a lot of problems and they go beyond the technical end of the spectrum.

I love your guides by the way.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff
 
Tyger7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 5,253
Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVoyager View Post
I played both solo and coop. Both of them gave me numerous freezes and issues (including the one you mentioned.) I'm sure there are people who have played the entire game without encountering a single issue. Law of averages and all that.

Yes, it's an easy 200, but that doesn't excuse the fact that this game has a lot of problems and they go beyond the technical end of the spectrum.

I love your guides by the way.
Hopefully you also downloaded Xmen to make up for it. And thanks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cne9979 View Post
Another great guide, you are the best Tyger. There should be a forum section comprised entirely of your guides alone with a top sticky thread for praise.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Lava Tonsil
 
Lava Tonsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 853

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I didn't experience any issues in one playthrough.
You must have gotten particularly unlucky to have such a bad experience, and are probably expecting a bit much for 160 MS points.
I appreciate having a bad experience puts you off but honestly this game isn't that bad, and represents decent value for the price.
Lava Tonsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
The regular price for this game is 800 points. My experience aside, this is a poorly made game for that price.

However, my saying 160 points was still a ripoff is just a minor embellishment to stress how unhappy I am with the wasted potential and messy programming this game turned out to have. The sale is over, and the game is back to full price. There is NO good reason to purchase this game for 800 points unless you hate enjoying yourself and love throwing money away.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
AFreakinCabbag3
 
AFreakinCabbag3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,716

AFreakinCabbag3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I didn't see any glitches other than enemies not despawning but thats no game breaking. For 160MSP I didn't care what I was getting I just got it and I must say for the most part it was fun I only played co-op tho then grinded the 1st level over and over for the rest of the gamerscore.
__________________


World's First Team to 100% Dungeon Fighter Online
Spelling and grammar? Over-rated!
AFreakinCabbag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
Hariibo Kid x
 
Hariibo Kid x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVoyager View Post
The regular price for this game is 800 points. My experience aside, this is a poorly made game for that price.

However, my saying 160 points was still a ripoff is just a minor embellishment to stress how unhappy I am with the wasted potential and messy programming this game turned out to have. The sale is over, and the game is back to full price. There is NO good reason to purchase this game for 800 points unless you hate enjoying yourself and love throwing money away.
So youre telling me you rather have a picture pack then have arcade game you can play ?? :L kindda stupid if you ask me
__________________

Hariibo Kid x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #9
McGoogles
 
McGoogles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 5,213

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I had no problems unlocking the avatar awards or gamerpictures, nor did I encounter any game-breaking glitches or bugs. For a game with easy achievements, okay gameplay, avatar awards, and a price of 160 Microsoft Points, it was considered a steal.

Now that it's priced at 800 Microsoft Points, though, I don't think it's worth it. Unless you prefer button-mashing games with mediocre humor or if you're a complete avatar awards junkie.
__________________
137/138 games completed (including DLC)
Completion percentage: 99.15%
Latest retail completion: Max Payne 3
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness




McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
ColdP1zza
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVoyager View Post
I am dead serious. I'm sure some will disagree and try to validate their purchase, but be honest with yourself. This game is a glitchy, sluggish mess.

It freezes, it corrupts, achievements and avatar awards glitch or don't unlock at all. The gameplay is some of the most tedious button molesting I've ever engaged in. Maybe if the developers play-tested this monstrosity before vomiting it up onto the marketplace, it might have been more bearable. (Or perhaps a patch to fix the numerous technical issues?)

This game's only two saving graces are the music at the main menu, and the dialogue throughout. I'll admit both of these things are pretty awesome, but not awesome enough to rescue this train wreck from being a train wreck.

Please, do yourself a favor and do not get this game. I bought it at an obscene discount of 160 MS points and I STILL feel ripped off.
I have never had this game freeze, corrupt, or glitch on me once. The gameplay is no more tedious than xmen arcade, castle crashers, or TMNT.

You just had some bad experience with it and are making a personal rant, not a real review.
__________________
ColdP1zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
Yeah, you're right. I'm the only one this has happened to and this isn't really a review so much as an isolated rant. Why don't we ignore all of the topics posted on the forum complaining of glitches and save corruption. Everything is hunky-dory and this game is just pretty well of the same quality and experience one would find in Castle Crashers or X-Men arcade.


So the sky, is it supposed to be pink in your world. Or would you say something doesn't feel right?


[Edit]
Actually, you know what? My sarcasm was uncalled for. I have come to realize that it's normal for a game's forum to have topics about glitches, freezes and corruption OUTNUMBER unrelated topics.
I'm an idiot and clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Please ignore this topic and pay ten dollars for this gem.

Go on. It's totally worth it.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.

Last edited by PaleVoyager; 04-20-2011 at 01:14 PM.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Blizzard-1
 
Blizzard-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: XBOX Ambassador
Posts: 384

DayzeUK's Gamercard
Finished this game on 4 different accounts and not had a single problem, everything has unlocked as and when it should have everytime. Not the greatest game ever made but then i did only pay 160msp for it and have had more than my moneys worth out of it.
Blizzard-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
omgitsbo
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dunbar, WV
Posts: 27

OmgitsBo's Gamercard
"Please ignore this topic and pay ten dollars for this gem."

Nah, Ill pay two dollars, complete co-op without any glitches, and start mopping up the remaining cheeves I didn't get yet in a few days, and consider it $2 decently spent and move on with my life afterwards...You really should chill out some...
omgitsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
AcidGlow
 
AcidGlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 424

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
I had no freezing or achievement unlocking problems yet. And I did co-op local many times. Maybe it's just an online co-op thing?
Yes the controls and response is sluggish but it's a game that isn't meant to have high replay value. 2 playthroughs and you're done pretty much. Kinda like Xmen, Double Dragon, Final Fight.. they are just beat'em ups with not much to do afterwards..
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #15
retroboy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 328

SuperDuperLiam's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I thought it was a somewhat enjoyable 200. I mean, had to have been a better experience than your 1000 in Deadly Premonition!??

I took it as an easy game to complete, not much more than that. So for the price, based on achievements, was an awesome buy. I'll never play it again though.

The only glitches I found were in multiplayer, where an enemy would not be able to be killed and only one of us could see him. Single player I did not see one glitch. Did you only play co-op?
WOAH!

I have a 1000 for Deadly Premonition and enjoyed every minute of it. Amazing game, best story this generation!
__________________
retroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 PM   #16
JohnAizen
 
JohnAizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hueco Mundo, Florida
Posts: 238

JohnAizen's Gamercard
This game hasn't froze or corrupted on me so either this guy is straight trolling or he has a crappy xbox lol
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #17
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
Or C. Neither.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #18
ILoveAztecChick
 
ILoveAztecChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 229

ILoveAztecChick's Gamercard
The game has frozen on me twice already, one time during a save screen at the end of a level (which thank God didn't corrupt my save), and the other exactly as my 75k survival achievement was unlocking (luckily, I still got it). However, even with the glitches I had a blast playing this with my friend.
ILoveAztecChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:39 AM   #19
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveAztecChick View Post
The game has frozen on me twice already, one time during a save screen at the end of a level (which thank God didn't corrupt my save), and the other exactly as my 75k survival achievement was unlocking (luckily, I still got it). However, even with the glitches I had a blast playing this with my friend.


Sorry dude, you're lying. Obviously this game has no flaws or glitches. You're just being a troll. :V
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #20
ILoveAztecChick
 
ILoveAztecChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 229

ILoveAztecChick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVoyager View Post
Sorry dude, you're lying. Obviously this game has no flaws or glitches. You're just being a troll. :V
Or I have a crappy xbox.
ILoveAztecChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #21
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveAztecChick View Post
Or I have a crappy xbox.

I was being sarcastic. Since everybody who responds to my OP claims I am full of it. It's not your XBOX, it's this glitchy, poorly made game.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #22
Corrupt.
Car of the Year
 
Corrupt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 6,481

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVoyager View Post
I was being sarcastic. Since everybody who responds to my OP claims I am full of it. It's not your XBOX, it's this glitchy, poorly made game.

If you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all!
__________________

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Corrupt. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #23
PaleVoyager
 
PaleVoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PaleVoyager's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
If you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all!
I come back after nearly a year, and the front page of this game's forum has the word "glitch" or mention of a function not working in almost every topic. What's the point of only saying nice things? It doesn't make problems go away, and it doesn't stop people from wasting their money on badly-made games like this. I DON'T hate Unbound Saga. It had potential, but that potential was squandered by lazy QA and a lack of devotion to patching their messy product.
__________________




No matter how hard I try, I can never under-achieve.

Last edited by PaleVoyager; 01-14-2012 at 03:46 AM.
PaleVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #24
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,944

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got it last year at 160 pts... i tough it was a bug first... i mean a game that is usually 800... at 160? Haven't played it til tonigh.... and to be honest, sure it won't win any awards but its an ok game... For 160 its a steal... i would say its worth 400...

Some controls are a bit "weird" as i would had put X for punches, for the moment i always end up throwing everybody since im used to X being the main punch button in other games... Also maybe picking ennemies and weapons should had be the same button...

But those are minor details... honestly the game is what i expect for a button mashing beat em up arcade game.... Whats 160 pts? 2$... so well...

PS : you DO NEED to replay Superman 64... even if its only to punish you for saying another game could be that crappy
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 AM   #25
Darklurkr23
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 78

Darklurkr23's Gamercard
Hahahah where does Microsoft get that BALLS to charge 800 MP for this crap? XD
I mean for 160 yea it's fine, but 800? Come ON!
Darklurkr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18 PM.