PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Def Jam Rapstar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Tv Tricks Do they work?

I've heard this game uses real voice recongition so is it safe to assume putting the mic to a tv or a fan will not work like in some previous singing games such as karaoke revolution? I see amazon has the bundle for 22.99 so im debating buying it but not going to bother if i actually have to sing the songs since im not a rap fan. Let me know thanks
Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
World of Payne

World of Payne's Gamercard
its right to an extent that it has voice recognition but its also slightly cheatable. it seems to mostly be looking for the gaps between words. so constant humming wont work so well but blah blah ing to the beat will see you through somewhat well in the end though I get the highest score on the songs I know off by heart perfectly
World of Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
SpideR NY

S0DA POPINSKI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
you can fake it a little (I had to for lil wayne, drake whatever) but if you wanna 5 mic on hard or expert you better know the songs and be able to flow

Shooter of the moment - MW3 (sucks IMO)

RPG of the moment - Skyrim & Bastion

Game's I going for achievements in right now - None
SpideR NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Tom115

Tom RT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If you put the mic right up to the TV/fan, it wont work. Put it a couple of meters away and it will.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
squodge

squodge4's Gamercard
I put my mic right next to my speaker (the main speaker of a Dolby 5.1 surround system), and I managed to get the Def Jam Seal on the song 21 Seconds (lyrics off, on Expert).

Every song that only has rapping, i.e. no pitch at all, should get a 5 mic performance on easy if you use this speaker/TV trick. Even the challenges can be beaten with this trick, especially the 75 raps in a row.
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote