Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Dig Dug
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
the Blinkster

the blinkster's Gamercard
Dig Dug Achievement Advice

Maybe I was too forward in titling this thread 'advice', as I'm not going to add anything new that hasn't already been covered in the excellent achievement guides available on this site.

All I wanted to do was to suggest to the people that are after this achievement that the 3/10 difficult rating given in the achivement guide is in my opinion a tad optimistic.
All the other achievements are very easy, but this can be a pain in the ass to do. Be patient and realise it may take you a good few hours to do.

When I got the achievement I literally died as I dug the last piece of dirt. On each of my lives I dug enough of the map that the music had changed and the little enemies were going mad after me. Even then, I got at least 15-30 seconds extra digging before they got me.

Be patient, persevere, and don't expect just because the guide says 3/10 in difficult that you'll get this achievement immediately (although if you do, fair play to you!! )
Old 08-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
It took me about 10 tries, you just need to make sure you have dug at least half before you lose your first life.
Corrupt. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This achievement is impossible. Mainly because the digger runs in a complete different direction than pressed on the D-Pad. I'm giving up on this achievement for the 6th time or so. Too bad I can't delete the game from my list anymore. : /

This game is no classic at all and just awful.

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
justG0Twicked

justG0Twicked's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Blinkster View Post
Maybe I was too forward in titling this thread 'advice', as I'm not going to add anything new that hasn't already been covered in the excellent achievement guides available on this site.

All I wanted to do was to suggest to the people that are after this achievement that the 3/10 difficult rating given in the achivement guide is in my opinion a tad optimistic.
All the other achievements are very easy, but this can be a pain in the ass to do. Be patient and realise it may take you a good few hours to do.

When I got the achievement I literally died as I dug the last piece of dirt. On each of my lives I dug enough of the map that the music had changed and the little enemies were going mad after me. Even then, I got at least 15-30 seconds extra digging before they got me.

Be patient, persevere, and don't expect just because the guide says 3/10 in difficult that you'll get this achievement immediately (although if you do, fair play to you!! )
Thanks for the info - I don't feel quite as aggravated now. Hoping to finish this off this weekend.
justG0Twicked is offline   Reply With Quote