PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Most Frustrated you've got at an achievement....And What happened?

For me, it was when I was doing the final part of Downfall in Call of Duty: World at War. I was stuck on one checkpoint for like an hour. Finally I said fuck it. I went in to my kitchen and chucked a water bottle at a clock, the clock fell down and I broke it. As the clock hit the counter, it hit a frying pan. The frying pan went across the room and made a dent in the wall. (No lie)

5 minutes later, I went back and beat it. I got 100 and sumthin G. Venting your frustration helps sometime.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
Slightlykrazy

Slightlykrazy's Gamercard
It wasnt for an achievement but me and my friends were playing halo 2 as we were trying to get our level up. Short story, we lost I went down like 2 levels that took me forever to get. I through the controller at the tv, broke the tv and was mad at that and punched a hole in my wall. I covered the hole up with a poster and never told my parents. I recently left the house and I wonder when then they'll find it.

Slightlykrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Trying to beat Trials HD makes me want to rip my eyes out.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I lost my sanity. My voice changed to the something very obscure, my rage forced me to itch all over so not only was I dealing with the insanity of N+ but I was violently scratching to try and remove whatever itch would suddenly pop up . I would curse, scream...and eventually revert to mere babbles as I begged the game to let me beat it, to become victorious. I...turned into some sort of creature that re-emerged only slightly during Splosion Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
loganlogan80

Potatoman80's Gamercard
I was going for the Mile High Club achievement in COD 4 and was getting pretty frustrated cause I had been trying for like 2 hours. I was yelling at the game and scaring my dog but then I finally got it and everything was okay. I think Marathon in Trials HD will be the new Mile High Club for me though

30K GS Reached 11/18/2012 with
Lone Wolf Legend 90G
Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty
loganlogan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
Twisted Renegad

Twisted Renegad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Battlefield 1943. The chevo that pops for being the best squad 3 times on all three maps. Been there done that even have the stamps to prove it and still has not unlocked for me.

Feel free to add me. Send me a msg on Xbox letting me know you are from here.
Twisted Renegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #7
phot0Harv

phot0harv's Gamercard
playing trials hd in my old account.. good god... i throw my controller to my pillow, that way i dont brake it and release frustration.. recently haven't been that frustrated.. oh wait.. bastion...
Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #8
Paulson

I have never actually been that mad or frustrated with achievements! That being said, I remember madden 2005 on my ps2 infuriating me to the point that I threw it out my second story window, and it got caught on a tree branch....literally a small branch through the middle of the disc! Game had it coming!
Paulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:17 AM   #9
Aelarin

Send a message via MSN to Aelarin Send a message via Skype™ to Aelarin

HarleyTheMedic's Gamercard
Call of Duty 2, trying to do D-Day on veteran. I'd been playing all night and it must have been 3 or 4AM and I got killed one too many times. Threw my controller across the room (it hit the wall, now the LB sticks when you press it haha) while yelling every curse I could think of. Even thinking about trying that mission again makes me mad.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #10
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Surprisingly, it's probably Doritos Crash Course, getting Gold on some of the courses are super annoying. I remember this one time I had pulled an all nighter, I was tired and pissed off as it is. I missed Gold by a few seconds or fucked up on a course. I stood up and yelled something vulgar at the TV and threw my controller and Turtle Beach, I then proceeded to go and eat breakfast, came back later and finished the game up.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
If They Came To Hear Me Beg .... I lost track of how many jumps. How many times I even landed an assassination...but nope never unlocked. Hours upon hours. I'd try a dozen or so times a day after work for a few weeks on end, and it never worked. A buddy of mine got it on the 3rd or 4th try. I'm just completely exasperated and I felt like a lemming.

Mile High Club. Over and over. Same as Beg, I'd try it for an hour or two here and there, day in day out, and just couldn't do it.

I walked away and will never try them again but not until after I'd lobbed a controller a time or two. Not proud, but I've tossed and broken controllers. Poor buggers, they're just dong they're job, it's not their fault Damn expensive to replace too.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Blink

JDS Karma's Gamercard
Seriously from GoW1. This achievement was renowned for being buggy. It was supposed to unlock at 10,000 online kills, yet I had 12,000 and it still hadn't unlocked. The story ends with me glitching it. I still resent Epic for that!
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
rob magic

rob magic's Gamercard
Got to be super meat boy. Just trying to complete the game. Eventually did it but no way in hell am I gonna try and 100% it. No way.
rob magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
Z3R0 S1X

z3r0 s1x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
If They Came To Hear Me Beg .... I lost track of how many jumps. How many times I even landed an assassination...but nope never unlocked. Hours upon hours. I'd try a dozen or so times a day after work for a few weeks on end, and it never worked. A buddy of mine got it on the 3rd or 4th try. I'm just completely exasperated and I felt like a lemming.
Mile High Club. Over and over. Same as Beg, I'd try it for an hour or two here and there, day in day out, and just couldn't do it.
I got so pissed at both of these achievements that I'm embarrassed at how badly I let my temper get the better of me. "If they came to hear me beg" has got to be the worst achievement in any Halo game due to the fact that you'll actually perform the move and it won't unlock. Now repeat this for a few hours and several hundred attempts until you've used every swear word in whatever language you speak. "Mile High Club" was just annoying but I enjoyed the challenge even if it did take four hours of trying to unlock.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Trials HD - Marathon
Geometry Wars 2 - Smile

These 2 achievements almost made me destroy my room. Making mistakes in the last few levels, and having bullshit things happen out of nowhere really made them almost unbearable. Eventually got them, after probably around 7 hours spent on each of them.

Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #16
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Mile high club - call of duty: modern warfare

Broke 2 controllers and raged so hard, i air humped so hard as soon as I finally done it.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #17
LethalEdge

LethalEdge's Gamercard
Mile High Club in Call of Duty 4. Usually try for it every few months or so, but get too frustrated and then give up. It's the last achievement I need in COD4 as well!

100,000G - 15th February 2012.
LethalEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
horkrux

horkrux's Gamercard
Alan Wake had me sent controllers flying. one of em (the two actually died on me a few weaks afterwards..) bounced off the floor and tried to hit my TV. so glad it didn't do any damage..but damn, gettin through those episodes without dying was a task straight from hell.
CoD4 - Mile High Club wasn't such a bitch to tame. i mean of course i was raging like shit, but the mission is rather fair. looked up a video on youtube and i knew what i had to do - a few hours later it was done!
horkrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
MatildaVee

swissarmyfurret's Gamercard
Mr. Perfect in Mega Man 10. I'm so close, but I just can't do it D:
MatildaVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
The way I look at Mile High Club, as bad as it was, is that it's trial and error with a set pattern. It's no different than an advanced training exercise...you just have to memorize what you need to do and once you can at least always get yourself to the next floor you're good. It requires some fast, timed actions such as instantly stabbing the guy in the room but otherwise, it's no different than playing N+ or Super Meat Boy's insane levels over and over, just getting a feel for exactly WHAT you need to do and just carrying it on while trying to make sure you stay within the time limit. Youtube guides help as well.

Quote:
I'll support any post of CrazyMv94's that isn't whining from lack of social connection.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #21
Damger1

damger1's Gamercard
killing the ronin leader at the end of saints row 2, took me 2 hours to complete and broke a controller in the process.
Damger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
LtMajorMuffin

LtMajorMuffin's Gamercard
Recently it's been Ladder Master in Mortal Kombat. Took Noob all the way to the top only to get CRUSHED by Shao Kahn. I talked to myself about how stupid hard it was and how inhumane it is to create a game as stupid hard as MK. I basically vented to myself for a while before trying again with Sheeva.

With Sheeva I stopped at Fight 2 because I wanted to get it by actually accomplishing it instead of spamming the only attack the computer refuses to avoid.

So I just quit. I've been trying for a week now and I think I'll get it eventually.
LtMajorMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #23
Mike512

franch1seplayer's Gamercard
I don't remember what particular achievement I was going for, but getting the achievements in Fuzion Frenzy 2 caused me to unleash a continuous stream of curse words.
Mike512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
Mile High Club COD4
In that day controllers were flying like planes in all my room.... seriously
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
LameUsername

Owainh25's Gamercard
I broke a few controllers playing fifas now i refuse to play them
Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #26
Aussie Mitchel

Ahbz's Gamercard
Everything is just getting me so mad at the moment, So many achievements, Damn saints row 2 heli assault keeps glitching for me and a friend cant finish it! and its the last achievement i need for co op on all activities, Cant wait till i get my new boxing bag up gonna belt it straight up as soon as i get angry!
Aussie Mitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #27
m1chea1

M1chea1's Gamercard
Achievement I haven't got:
dead rising, 7 day survivor; I the closest I got was 4 days (the phone rang and I was sure that I had paused but came back to that blue screen)
Achievement I have got:
Xmen origins Wolverine, Walking death; why is it called hard difficulty why not just call it what it is ... longer and also why have an end boss with regenerating health and an instant kill attack!
m1chea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #28
TVthePunisher

^Dude...that sounds like Otis called you in real life and just like in the game, he always effs you up! Sorry that happened man =/ when I can get a time together, I'm going for it here soon.

Quote:
Old 08-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Clusterluck - GoW
Ok I hate GoW with a passion, but as it was on my account I decided to get as much points out of it as I can. Clusterluck seemed easy enough to get on paper, and videos of it made it also look easy. But of course in reality it was hard as hell. I spend like 40-50 min trying to get that achievement, and when I finally got it I removed the disc from the console and threw it on the other end of the room, where it remained for the next four days.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #30
Worhammer

Worhammer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Right now I'm getting pretty fed up with the Pacifist achievement in Deus Ex....I just went back to an area six hours after my first time there only to find 3 guards dead who were NOT DEAD when I left. ARGH

"The average white man thinks about sex every six seconds, but he only thinks about sex with a black man once a year."
Worhammer is offline   Reply With Quote