PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
Pteppic

Pteppic42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No MK1 achievement for me too
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #32
KiySeph

CtrlAltL337's Gamercard
I finished Mortal Kombat 1 just now and I got the achievement. Passed all the Test Your Might and must have had to continue like 33 times while switching between characters. It sucks that the achievement is glitched for some people, I just hope it doesn't affect the "Beat all three game." achievement for me.

Now I have Mortal Kombat 2 next and I'm not looking forward to it...
KiySeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #33
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
I beat MK1 and didn't get the achievement either. I switched characters, continued several times, lost a few test your mights and played on very easy. Looking forward to hearing more feedback about what may be causing this.
Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #34
Xx Duuuke xX

xx duuuke xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Now i completed all 3 mortal kombat but i only got the achievements for MK1 and MK3, no MK2 and beat all 3 games :/

I don't know if it has something to do with difficulty but i passed Mk1 normal difficulty, Mk2 very easy and Mk3 very easy although the only ach that says on any difficulty is the Mk3 one, so maybe the other 2 has to be done normal for the achievement?
Xx Duuuke xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #35
Matt C Bosten

MattBosten's Gamercard
Was going to get this today, will probably wait until it's patched now.
Matt C Bosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #36
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Duuuke xX View Post
Now i completed all 3 mortal kombat but i only got the achievements for MK1 and MK3, no MK2 and beat all 3 games :/

I don't know if it has something to do with difficulty but i passed Mk1 normal difficulty, Mk2 very easy and Mk3 very easy although the only ach that says on any difficulty is the Mk3 one, so maybe the other 2 has to be done normal for the achievement?
I think this might be it. Why would they list the UMK3 achievement under any difficulty? Maybe MK1 & MK2 have to be beat on normal.

I beat MK1 on normal and got the achievement. Haven't tried MK2 & UMK3 yet.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #37
slicer1000

S3M James's Gamercard
This game seems very buggy I finished umk3 as human smoke game crashed as I beat shao khan
slicer1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #38
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
No, both the MK1 and MK2 achievements popped on very easy after playing through each twice.

They simply fucked up the whole achievement system. I wouldn't wonder if someone would get that 200 wins-cheevo at about 500 matches won..

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #39
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator Pete View Post
I've got 25 points that says it doesn't void anything and that you're making this stuff up.
25 points says it's speculation trying to figure out the reasons so future players can avoid it. Not sure why you're spamming.

I'm going to complete all three MKs when I get home on Normal, I'll let you know if I had any troubles with them.

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #40
fightingbjdl

FightingBjdl's Gamercard
I just played trough MK1 and still no achievement...
I think i will pupt this game away until the patch is out or else i think i will crush my controller if i have to go trough the game for the third time with no achievement!
fightingbjdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #41
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
UMK3, third playthrough, no achievement.
It was okay since I knew how to beat the opponents, but getting no achievement is just weak of the devs.

I'm giving up now. And I want my achievement as soon as an update comes. No further playthroughs..

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #42
Earth Djinn

Earth Djinn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just completed MK1 and got the achievement.

It was my first playthrough of it, I was on very easy and I had to use a bunch of continues. I also failed 2 of the 'Test Your Might' games.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #43
xtossrocketx

just compleated umk3 on very easy, no achieve
xtossrocketx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #44
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Ok it has nothing to do with the difficulty setting. I just played through MK2 on normal beat it using lots of fighters and continues and also fought Jade.

No achievement!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #45
Aeternox

Aeternox's Gamercard
I just did my second run on MK1 and no achievement still !!!!! Im so pissed off I wish coulld get my money back
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #46
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
Spent all evening trying to beat Goro and Tsung
(Yeah I do kinda suck at MK games)

and no achievement when I finally did.
Dont have the heart to carry on playing now.

Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #47
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
I've beaten MK1 twice now;

1st time - on very easy, lots o' continues, switched fighters - achievement didn't pop

2nd time - on normal, lots o' continues, didn't switch fighters- achievement popped

I hear people have gotten it to pop on very easy. this is pure speculation but I don't think there's any set thing that is pops the achievement, it's just a random glitch due to sloppy programing.

I put my 2 cents into NetherRealm Studios, not so much about the glitched achievement, most players won't care about that, but about the horribly laggy multiplayer and rushed job on this game overall. They may not take any feedback seriously, but feh if a bunch of people complain they may care?

http://www.netherrealm.com/contact
Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #48
JFAUDEL

faudeeezy's Gamercard
Just beat mk1. NOTHING. FUCK.
Completed Arcade: 19
JFAUDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #49
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Not sure if anybody here may think this is the cause. But did anybody skip the credits upon completing the game? I skipped them during my first MK1 playthrough and I didn't get the achievement. Playing on my second run for MK1 on Normal diffculty(just like before) and hoping for the best this go round for it to pop.

If anybody who HAS the achievement can tell me when exactly it pops that should help as well to confirm if you need to sit through the credits or not for the achievement to unlock. Obviously if it's suppose to pop after beating Shang Tsung then the achievement must indeed simply be bugged.

By the way, if anybody is having trouble getting through MK1 pick Liu Kang and spam his Fireball(Forward, Forward + X). It comes out quick and recovers fast and the CPU usually jus stays crouched or blocks at a distance. Don't rely on this method 100% of the time but it's a good method to use against most opponents. Jump kicks work well also in between that.

Last edited by FeLizP; 08-31-2011 at 09:21 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #50
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

The achievements pop directly after defeating Shao Khan. Watching those credits is pointless.

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 PM   #51
Stewie

TheSuperStewie's Gamercard
I got Arcade Kompetitor after beating Mortal Kombat twice, both times were on very easy (although trying to beat Goro and Shang Tsung was anything but very easy), with several continues and beating 2 out of 3 Test Your Mights.
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #52
budden11

Budden260890's Gamercard
Pi**ed off

I was aware of people saying some achievements wouldn't unlock.

Earlier I completed Mortal Kombat and got the achievements. It appeared as soon as Shang Tsung was defeated. And I died many times and had it on very easy.

Now after hours of stress and anger I have completed Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on warrior (very easy difficulty) and I get nothing to show for it, i'm very angry at the fact Shao Khan blows up and nothing pops up on my screen giving me extra satisfying results.

Regardless of the glitch, the achievement says complete on any difficulty.

Can't believe it, believe it I can't.

Gamertag: Budden260890

Last edited by budden11; 08-31-2011 at 09:26 PM.
budden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #53
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
The achievements pop directly after defeating Shao Khan. Watching those credits is pointless.
So they should pop immediatley after defeating each Final Boss for each MK game correct? Because I was talking about Shang Tsung for MK1 not Shao Kahn but since all of the "Beat MK.." achievements are glitching I'll assume you mean Final Boss(Shang Tsung/Shao Kahn). Okay then scratch the credits theory then.

EDIT: I can confirm that each "Complete MK" achievement unlocks right after defeating Shang Tsung/Shao Kahn. Here are some key notes and differences I did on my second playthough as opposed to my first!

Second Run
-I played on Normal but difficulty should NOT matter
-I never switched fighters(Liu Kang all the way)
-I used multiple continues
-Beat all Test Your Might challenges
-Beat MK1 twice and it finally unlocked

On my 1st playthrough(when it didn't pop) I:

First Run
-Played on Normal
-Switched characters
-Used multiple continues
-Had not beat MK1 yet

I'm guessing switching fighters prevents it from unlocking? If somebody here unlocked it in their first playthrough even though they switched fighters then I can 100% confirm the achievement to require multiple playthroughs to unlock and hence being glitched. Needs a patch.
-Beat all test your might challenges

Last edited by FeLizP; 08-31-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #54
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Yes they should pop right after beating Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn.

So I ended up getting all the playthrough achievements and this is how I did it. Glitchy yes but they did pop for me.

I played MK1 on Normal. Used both Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Used continues and didn't complete one test your might. Achievement popped.

I played MK2 on Normal. Used both Katana and Baraka. Used continues. Beat Shao Kahn and No achievement.

Got very angry

Played MK2 again on Very Easy. Used Katana. Used continues. Beat Shao Kahn and the Achievement popped.

I played UMK3 on Normal. Played the novice tower. Used Sub-Zero. Beat Shao Kahn and both the achievements popped for beating UMK3 and beating all arcade games.

So the only two things that stick out for me is that beating MK2 on normal didn't work yet beating it on very easy did.

Also people are saying UMK3 is not unlocking on very easy even though the achievement description says any difficulty which is why I did it on normal.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #55
Fortinbras

Gaschman's Gamercard
- Played through MK on very easy and got the achievement.
- got the online achievements.
- Played through UMK3 on very easy and didn't get the achievement

Honestly this game is a buggy mess. The achievements are glitched, the netcode is terrible and there is tearing. Not to mention these weird control issues in MK1. Inputs often won't get recognised.

Granted I only played the SNES version before but I can't remember these laggy/weird controls.
Fortinbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #56
TheMovement81

TheMovement81's Gamercard
Not sure what the deal is with all these buggy achievements as we've seen different situations pop the achievement and others don't. My first time thru MK1, I started as Sub-Zero, playing on normal/medium used plenty of continues and various characters, failed 1 of the 3 test your mights, but ended up finishing the game as Sub-Zero and the achievement did actually pop for me.

It would be nice to know though if there are certain conditions that need to be met or if the cheevos are truly random and glitchy.
TheMovement81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #57
FeLizP
Banned User

FeLizP's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMovement81 View Post
Not sure what the deal is with all these buggy achievements as we've seen different situations pop the achievement and others don't. My first time thru MK1, I started as Sub-Zero, playing on normal/medium used plenty of continues and various characters, failed 1 of the 3 test your mights, but ended up finishing the game as Sub-Zero and the achievement did actually pop for me.

It would be nice to know though if there are certain conditions that need to be met or if the cheevos are truly random and glitchy.
Based on every person's post in this forum, there doesn't seem to be any specific requirements. Everyone has and has not unlocked the achievements under vice versa circumstances. So as of now it is simply glitched. Just keep beating the game until it pops. This is the only solution until a patch is released.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 PM   #58
Ark Animax

Ark Animax's Gamercard
Got i, beat mk1, got the achievement. No problems
Ark Animax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #59
Chaos MAN

ChaosSlayerX187's Gamercard
Had to beat MK1 two times for the achievement to unlock 1st try on easy 2nd on normal. Beat MK3 on normal and no achievement.........

Edit- Just Beat MK3 again this time on very easy and got my achievement.
Edit2- Just beat MK2 and no achievement yet again.

Last edited by Chaos MAN; 09-01-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Chaos MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #60
xxYamiBakuraxx

II RyoBakura II's Gamercard
Same thing happened to me on MK1. The moment I bought the game I tried to play it through with Scorpion and switched characters a few times but I Beat it with Sub-Zero, No Achievement. 2nd time, I just played through with Sub-Zero all the way, won and still nothing. Then I finally played with Johnny Cage, lost then chose Raiden ( i didnt really do the Test Your might challenges) and won. Once I beaten Shang Tsung and the bodies (or souls if you want to get techincal) start leaving his body, the Achievement unlocked instantly. Just thought maybe, just maybe, it unlocks with certain characters only. Just a Theory.