PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider Underworld
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #91
Harrison Drake

Harrison Drake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Grrrr...

First run... evil. Managed to do it legit five times and I swear to God and all that is holy that I missed it by a fraction of a second. So I said, "what the hell" and did the suicide dive. First try.

Second run... evil to the nth degree, gorramit. Thirty some tries to get it. Second time I made it to the platforms I got it. Word of advice to those trying it... do not keep reloading when you die. Seeing as it takes you back to the checkpoint before the bridge you will spend so much time reloading and doing the lifts over and over. I decided to do this after about 25 tries and got it soon after.

From where you die, go through it to the end then reload. Next time maybe you'll die later, keep going through it to the end again. Reload. Rinse and repeat until you have the timing down and know the traps.

Worked for me... maybe it will work for you.

All I can say about my new achievement... shiny.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #92
aussiestatic
Banned User

Im thinking the game doesnt let you get the achievement if you progress into the story and save after the achievement point.

Because I saved right at the end, went back and tried the second run, I did a flawless run didnt stop for 1 second, every moment I wasnt using shadow i was jumping/rolling.
Everyone says you have plently of time, well I did it as fast as you can imagine and still nothing.

Okay I think I know what the problem is. Im supposed to be doing this on the second run through the refinery.

Last edited by aussiestatic; 08-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
aussiestatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #93
Avlis

How to get it...

I used this video for reference and i saved a bit before were lara starts in the video, my purpose was to train cause I've been hearing rumors that if you die in the middle of the trial you had to rerun the hole thing again, but during my training i completed that segment without dying and I got the achievement.

My point is just save a bit further back from were lara in the video starts if you die reload it and you should be just fine.

There's a catch dough you have to be as fast as the guy from the video...

Avlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #94
Craiglionheart

Send a message via MSN to Craiglionheart

Craiglionheart's Gamercard
This is officially the one of the most annoying FUCKING achievement I have ever attempted I HATE time trials...

Bronze - 80000G
Silver - 90000G
Gold - 100000G
Platinum - 115000G
Diamond - 130000G
Obsidian - 150000G

Currently at 80182G

Last edited by Craiglionheart; 10-20-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Craiglionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #95
Machew8472

Ace Chewie's Gamercard
okay ive read in loads of threads that the refinary achiev is on the second time your at refinary but... a video on youtube with someone getting this achiev it is clearly on the first run through(there are no etr balls or moving stone snake heads).....

im confused... can someone please confirm wether its the first or second time at refinary...

edit: nevermind just got the achiev... oh and i got it on the first visit to refinary

1st in world to 100% Hydrophobia

Last edited by Machew8472; 01-06-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Machew8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #96
ListlessDonkey

ListlessDonkey's Gamercard
I found the first speed run quite easy and used the suicide trick to get the achievement.

I really struggled with the second run, I died well over 20 times to the pistons, specially the third one which was so fast I couldn't get my timing right. It wasn't until I started jumping to get past it that I was able to eventually finish the run.

I can confirm that you can save the game after the chime you hear upon entering the tunnel. It is marked out by a grey stone outline with lettering on it. If you save there it reloads you into the tunnel when you load the game and it was from here that I was able to finish the run and get the achievement.

Good Luck all, this one was a pain!
ListlessDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #97
mmartynn

Send a message via MSN to mmartynn

mmartynn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts
is there any "fall thro the map" or "if you save at the last second, shut dwn the xbox, then reload the game and finishing the run" glitches to get the transformer one. i hate speed runs but this one is pissin me off!

Last edited by mmartynn; 01-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
mmartynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #98
DaCameraMan

DaCameraMan's Gamercard
i gave up on trying to get these. These were the only 2 i am missing. oh well.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #99
Killen Villian

Killen Villain's Gamercard
May 2010

Its may 2010 and i can confirm this achievement glitch was not fixed with the updates, just make sure you save at the checkpoint before the two floating platforms you have to jump onto, and remember this is the second time you enter this room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicelow View Post
I finally unlocked the first speedrun achievement thanks to your tips 0/

Here is the start :

(The slope is just 2 steps ahead)

And the end :

(From here, just jump to the right. You'll die but the achievement will unlock)
Killen Villian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #100
Mainewha

Mainewha's Gamercard
When I did it I noted there was a checkpoint near the eitr pool on the right, before you hang a left to get to the first set of pistons. I saved there then I did the run and I got the achievement, maybe you can all try form that point and make it?

Torn pages curl and brown.
The flames fly up.
In the flickering light a cry.
Who will lift the fallen stones?
Who will link the broken chain?

-From the Korokh Jimah
vv.11383-86
(Excerpt from The Book of D'NI)
Mainewha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 AM   #101
Arianwen

Arianwen09's Gamercard
Oooh I'm really struggling with this one but I'm too stubborn to move on without it!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #102
Joel78

joel78's Gamercard
I finally got them yesterday, first one wasn't bad though I had to do it about 5 times to register....second one was bad, I saved on top of the platform and it took about 10 tries to get through only I didnt get the achievement. Did it 4 more times and still didn't pop.

Luckily I had a save from slightly before at the pillars and got it done finally....I had to do that twice for it to register too.
Joel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #103
Asyenna

Asyenna's Gamercard
Yes, it was hard. I made first speedrun with shortcut. But second one was much harder. I had problems with crushing walls and second pair of pistons.
But when I finally passed it without dying I get this achievement.
Asyenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #104
Hyperbrain

Izuna Gaiden's Gamercard
Finally I got them all. But smashing pistons was a pain. Great thread, worked great. Thanks!
Hyperbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #105
SnakeIntheboX

Snake Inthe boX's Gamercard
I'll quite happily stick with 1000 on TRU, the platforming in this game was terrible. Speed running would do my head in.
SnakeIntheboX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #106
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
I was worried about the second one, because I didn't save on the broken bridge, but at the first checkpoint after entering the tunnel. (The checkpoint is just after the tunnel entrance)
I can confirm this save point. (at tunnel entrance maked by a gray rock in the floor.) I just got the achievement by saving at the checkpoint right as you enter the tunnel. You dont have to save at the transformer and run through each time.

123 Retail 100% & 1000+
11 Arcade 100%
Metaraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #107
mistress3riple

mistress3riple's Gamercard
Ok, this speed runs are really pain in the ass. I'm in the refinery for the 2nd time and I'm trying to get the first speed run achievement.
I know the start point and I tried to jump on the right and die to get it but it still didn't unlock.

Anyone knows how fast you must be?

If I have problems with the 1st achievements I wonder how long I'll do the 2nd.

Never mind. I just got the 1st achievements after I have no idea many tries.

Last edited by mistress3riple; 10-20-2010 at 10:37 AM.
mistress3riple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #108
mistress3riple

mistress3riple's Gamercard
i really don't get why such achievements. the smashing wall is killing me. if i try the smashing wall from a checkpoint just before it i manage to do it. but if i try for achievement i get killed so quickly.

the problem is that i don't know if the achievement is really timed or does it really just mean to finish it without dying. cause it would be really easier if it would be the later. slowly get pasted all the traps

anyone?
mistress3riple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #109
Hanahbell

Hanahbell's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerEnglaender View Post
thesuicide jump can be done much much earlier.
after sliding down the ramp turn around and jump to the first wall, then go all the way to the right and aroudn the corner to wall 2. go up this wall, then when you get to the highest point and have to jump to the right to shimmy around a ledge that is shaped like half a hexagon, get on the right bit of it and jump backwards.

youll jump over the outermost corner of the ledge where the blue stuff is being shot up, just miss the final ledge with the thralls, trigger the checkpoint and acheivment unlocked.
Omg. Yes this worked perfectly. I even made a mistake and drop down a vein due to SP being gone, was still able to make it. 2 evenings I spent after kids went to bed on this. Thank you!! ....now on to the last run.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #110
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerEnglaender View Post
thesuicide jump can be done much much earlier.
after sliding down the ramp turn around and jump to the first wall, then go all the way to the right and aroudn the corner to wall 2. go up this wall, then when you get to the highest point and have to jump to the right to shimmy around a ledge that is shaped like half a hexagon, get on the right bit of it and jump backwards.

youll jump over the outermost corner of the ledge where the blue stuff is being shot up, just miss the final ledge with the thralls, trigger the checkpoint and acheivment unlocked.
THE best method overall to do it. So a big thank you. I can confirm for today, the achievement still unlocks this way online with update.

Got it on my first visit at the Refinery!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote