PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #91
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
What might i do if i was having issues with the game forgetting to save completed advanced maps and does this issue also occur with the rating type achievements for said maps? Do i just save right before i finish and hope that it saves it all every time? I saw a lot of complaints about things like this and i would like to figure this out before i pick up my xbox tomorrow so i can play portal in peace.
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #92
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temok View Post
I'm feeling a little ignored, you know.
And...this is quite frustrating...
How can I fix the a.i. disabled thing in Half-Life 2? Anyone? Please?
When you say disabled a.i. thing, do mean that the a.i. is unresponsive? i'm assuming you've tried reloading your saves and restarting your xbox and such but other than that i don't know what to do. I know that's not a great help but i am curious as to what exactly the problem is.
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 AM   #93
New Venari

New Venari's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz White View Post
I'm having trouble with this part on advanced. On normal, you activate the switch one level below the crate. The wall will pop out on the opposite side of the room (the same wall that popped out to let you into the room originally), portal yourself next to the wall, place a portal on the wall that's sticking out and angled, then there should be a small floor amidst the acid below from where you're standing (look over the edge below to find it). Place a portal down there and fall into it and you'll go flying across the room into the crate area. I'm having trouble because that floor by the acid is gone in advanced. I've tried falling into the floor near the crate and switch, but it's at an angle and I always miss my mark. Good luck.
In advanced, you can't remove the turrets. The floor in the acid area was moved to below the switch. To go flying out the angled door, place a portal on the door once it's open, and RUN inside, jump over the button and place a portal on the floor on your way down. You'll go flying across the room, grab the portal once you land, use it as a shield, jump down past the switch, place a portal down there, and bring the box through it. (this will bring you to the door across from the button, if you placed the right portals).
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #94
narcissus

NARCISSUSV2's Gamercard
just wanted to say thanks to all involved in this site, i had a few questions about this game but after reading this thread i have all my answers without having to ask, keep up the good work ill be sure to tell all my friends
narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #95
b4lr0grulz

b4lr0grulz's Gamercard
Unhappy

I recently came across this site and used the invincibility cheat in the middle of the game (after I came out of mines) just to see how it works.

That cheat took the fun out of the game and ruined it for me.

Can someone pleaaaase tell me how to disable the cheat so that I can play it like a normal person?
b4lr0grulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #96
New Venari

New Venari's Gamercard
I can't remember the level name, but I stormed a building with a "Suppressor" with my squad. I entered a room with red lasers all over the place, and I tripped one. Now i'm locked in the room with the turrets firing at me, and I can't find any sort of interface to open a door or turn off the turrets.

There's what appears to be a red button (haven't played the game in a few months, can't remember if it is a button or not) near the medic station, but I can't seem to interact with it.

Help?
New Venari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #97
Awesomeman

Awesomeman667's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4lr0grulz View Post
I recently came across this site and used the invincibility cheat in the middle of the game (after I came out of mines) just to see how it works.

That cheat took the fun out of the game and ruined it for me.

Can someone pleaaaase tell me how to disable the cheat so that I can play it like a normal person?
Just enter the cheat again dude.
Awesomeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:59 AM   #98
Awesomeman

Awesomeman667's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Venari View Post
I can't remember the level name, but I stormed a building with a "Suppressor" with my squad. I entered a room with red lasers all over the place, and I tripped one. Now i'm locked in the room with the turrets firing at me, and I can't find any sort of interface to open a door or turn off the turrets.

There's what appears to be a red button (haven't played the game in a few months, can't remember if it is a button or not) near the medic station, but I can't seem to interact with it.

Help?
Just realised how old these posts are, so I doubt you're still stuck here but I'll give you the answer anyway (it may help someone else).

If it's the area near the end of Half Life 2 in the citadel where you've just gone over a bridge, destroyed one of those pop-up turrets, turned right and a squad member has said something like "You go ahead Dr. Freeman" and you've turned left through a door, then you need to turn off the invincibility cheat. The point of that room is that you need to get to the end and press the switch you can see without tripping the alarm. Once the alarms are set off the doors close and there's nowhere you can hide from the turrets i.e. you're supposed to die and be forced to try again.

Last edited by Awesomeman; 05-28-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Awesomeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #99
TJ CKY

TJ CKY's Gamercard
I have a question -
I know there is a difference between the PC version of TF2 and the Xbox version,
But can someone tell me what does the PC version of TF2 have that the Xbox 360 doesn't, or vice versa.

I know that the Heavy Taunt does nothing on the Xbox 360.
is there anything else? Less maps? Less guns?... etc?

Also - haha there is almost a 1 year gap between this post and the one above me, but i didn't want to make a thread, because from experience i know i would get flamed and abused for not using the search button
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #100
Mr360xX

Chaotic II's Gamercard
can you use flares when going for the One Free Bullet achievement?
Mr360xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #101
RyanfaeScotland

RyanfaeScotland's Gamercard
Is the cake a lie?
RyanfaeScotland is offline   Reply With Quote