Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #61
savok1

TT SavOK1's Gamercard
Will be most helpful when I pick this up tomorrow thnx pants
Old 09-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #62
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLING5PR33 View Post
80 hrs at the least
True, I'm close to 20h and still Act I - Chapter IV.

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #63
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
this game is definitely not 30-40 hrs to 1k........
Hence why it was still listed as something to be confirmed, wasn't bolded and had a question mark by it. Thanks for the input, no thanks on the attitude.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #64
neil0215

Neil0215's Gamercard
playing for a couple days gets u quite a few achievements just playing through the main quests. haven't bothered too much with side quests yet. going to play through and then go back
neil0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #65
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm using the analog settings when I get in a car and splattering zombies, but the counter in my achievement tracker is not going up. Am I doing something wrong?

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #66
KILLING5PR33

Send a message via AIM to KILLING5PR33

KILLING5PR33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Hence why it was still listed as something to be confirmed, wasn't bolded and had a question mark by it. Thanks for the input, no thanks on the attitude.
I wasn't giving you attitude I was just correcting you. No harm no foul and I'm currently at 20hrs on act 2.

Last edited by KILLING5PR33; 09-09-2011 at 11:40 PM.
KILLING5PR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #67
KILLING5PR33

Send a message via AIM to KILLING5PR33

KILLING5PR33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean468 View Post
I'm using the analog settings when I get in a car and splattering zombies, but the counter in my achievement tracker is not going up. Am I doing something wrong?
If your going for the 150 kills with the analog stick you need to use the analog stick in close combat. Driving and running over zombies with the settings on analog doesn't count toward that achievement .

KILLING5PR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #68
BLOMBOMB

blombomb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
If your going for the 150 kills with the analog stick you need to use the analog stick in close combat. Driving and running over zombies with the settings on analog doesn't count toward that achievement .
I'm going to have to confirm that this is correct. My Swing them sticks achievement progress is not moving at all when using analog while driving.

I tried it because it was listed on the achievement guide, but had no luck.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #69
kelendral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelendral View Post
Just another little tip for "Swing Them Sticks" (Analog). If using a vehicle or gun, watch your count, sometimes it doesn't register if using either of those to perform kills while in Analog mode. Just kill something with a regular melee weapon if this happens and then proceed to kill with vehicle or gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean468 View Post
I covered this very issue earlier today.
kelendral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #70
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
I personally unlocked Swing Them Sticks by running over a zombie, so I know it works. I wasn't grinding kills while driving or anything, I just was slowly working on it while playing the game with that mode enabled and it unlocked on a vehicle kill while I was heading to the gas station.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:39 AM   #71
kelendral

Quote:
I personally unlocked Swing Them Sticks by running over a zombie, so I know it works. I wasn't grinding kills while driving or anything, I just was slowly working on it while playing the game with that mode enabled and it unlocked on a vehicle kill while I was heading to the gas station.
Yep, great guide Pants. I know a lot of it has helped me plan some of my play already. I had actually tried grinding earlier and ran into the same issue BLOMBOMB. As I discovered as long as I made at least one Analog kill with a melee weapon before going off on a shooting or driving rampage then the kills counted fine, but just loading the game, switching to Analog and going for a drive/shooting spree would result in no increase.
kelendral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #72
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
Fiiiiinally reached level 50!! You need 3 million XP which for me was a good thing (meant more gameplay) but sadly, for you achievement hunters, it took me just under 60 hours of regular gameplay with no XP farming or glitches to unlock. It took about 3 full playthoughs while doing nearly everything.

I'm sure that in co-op, starting with high leveled friends, this would be attained much faster. But without the net, I had to do it this way
123,456 Gamerscore unlocked at 12:34:56am on 7/8/9

People that write guides without a roadmap... Why do you even exist?! Write a damn roadmap!!!
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #73
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringin SXC bak View Post
Fiiiiinally reached level 50!! You need 3 million XP which for me was a good thing (meant more gameplay) but sadly, for you achievement hunters, it took me just under 60 hours of regular gameplay with no XP farming or glitches to unlock. It took about 3 full playthoughs while doing nearly everything.

I'm sure that in co-op, starting with high leveled friends, this would be attained much faster. But without the net, I had to do it this way
Congratz. Wow 60h really. Nice, looking forward to it.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #74
Bringin SXC bak

Bringin SXC bak's Gamercard
Not sure if it's been mentioned before. But for the rootin' tootin' lootin' achievement.
Orange weapons that you loot from dead zombies also count. Just witnessed my mate loot a set of orange brass knuckles and it said he got 2 out of 5. Lucky bastard is only on level 12 too
123,456 Gamerscore unlocked at 12:34:56am on 7/8/9

People that write guides without a roadmap... Why do you even exist?! Write a damn roadmap!!!
Bringin SXC bak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #75
DGKALLDAYKAY

DGK ALL DAY KAY's Gamercard
Also you might want to put that the there and back again achievement is glitched or you have to wait till the dlc comes out because everone is stuck at 71/72 lol
DGKALLDAYKAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #76
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
For some reason all my stats are only tracked under Sam B.
I'm also
Playing with Xian Mei or Purna, it doesn't give her any milage on stats but everything goes to Sam B.

I have an idea why..

I started with Purna, 30 minutes later I joined a friend with a new file Sam B (recommended) and played the game, later on the day I quit out but did not choose the option to continue on a previous savepoint but backed out to the menu instead.

Ever since then, it's like this.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #77
Arkalivan

Arkalivan's Gamercard
Since Walkers always take at least a bar of health from me, I'd like to add that getting burned by a car (two of them on the street in front of the church) hurts just half a bar if you jump back immediately. Made the guesstimation of figuring out whether or not that next snack bar or drink would heal me fully unneccesary. Guaranteed way to get Everybody Lies.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #78
Vip3r58

Vip3r58's Gamercard
I can confirm that running over zombies while having analog on does count. I just unlocked it this morning like that.
Vip3r58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #79
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Dang, I glitched or something. Didn't get act 2, but almost done with act three. I think because as soon as i finished it, somebody joined my game and it messed it up.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #80
vithzeral

Send a message via ICQ to vithzeral

vithzeral's Gamercard
If you're having trouble finding a grenade for Catch! just load up chapter 18; about half the time there are 3 grenades with each ammo stockpile (first is right in front of you when you spawn, and there are at least 2 others behind you for a total of 9 grenades). If there are no grenades just quit out and start again.

Once you have the grenades you can either continue the chapter until the infected start spawning, or save that character and load up chapter 1 for a nice easy kill.
vithzeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #81
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Using a Molotov is likely your best bet here. The spread of fire is extremely large, so hold onto one until there is a mass of zombies and throw it as they charge you.

During Act 2 you can exit the church and see an ambulance on a bridge to the right. Head across it and aggro those zombies and the few at the end of the bridge as well. Run back and stand on top of the ambulance to get a group of ten, then drop your Molotov on top of them.
I couldn't find the area mentioned above. I found my spot in the resort along the beach. After you rescue the guy in the truck who opens your first bench, continue along the beach until you come across an island connected by a bridge to your right. There will be 11 or 12 zombies here.
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #82
Insanedude

insanedude13's Gamercard
thank you for the guide
Insanedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #83
BLOMBOMB

blombomb's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
I guess Swing Them Sticks is glitched for me, because I had been playing on a new character and played from the start with analog, and I checked my kill count before and after driving, and was at 62 still. Checked it a couple more times but it still wasn't upping my count. Something fishy is going on with it for me I guess. Sorry to make assumptions it wasn't working though guys, it's only me!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #84
Cla55y

Bond OO7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Silver   GSL 11 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I wouldnt be surprised if the DLC counted towards the 72 locations. They used to say "1000 attainable off the disc" but that went out the window with online passes. This seems very much the same thing.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #85
TLOR FETT

I found a really good spot for "Light my fire" Set 10 zombies on fire simultaneously.

Place - Moresby
Items - Zombie Bait x3 and Molotov
Fast Travel to the Abandoned House
Exit front door of House
Head to your immediate right and jump over the wall, head east and you should see a pack of 10-14 zombies.
Spam the bait in the center of the zombies, toss a molotov and viola.
TLOR FETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #86
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Right 4 Life 30
Complete act I with 4 different characters.

I unlocked it with your method Pants, thanks but since I was going through this entire fiasco from scratch four times (yeah I've played all the Act I Chapters 4x) I wrote this, in case anyone is struggling what quest to do & which not:

Approx. Time: 2-3h (without doing any sidequests or exploring)
Info: You can ignore all the other quests for this achievement!

Mission-Mini-Guide:

- Prologue (obviously)

Act I:
Chapter I (Welcome to Banoi):

- PASSPORT TO LIFE (400XP)

- EXODUS (600XP), you can help HARIS on your way to the Lifeguard Tower for a little extra 500 XP.

Chapter II (Busy Surviving):

- TO KILL TIME , this includes the following four sidequests:

- ON THE AIR (1000XP), talk to Dominic (close to Sinamoi).

- LAZARUS RISING (300XP), you can collect the car parts on your way up to the LIGHTHOUSE GAS STATION.
Now you really don't need to do this sidequest but it's pretty easy and you'll get car, all in all to fasten things up.

- ASHES TO ASHES (900XP), talk to Mike (outside).

- A RAY OF HOPE (1200XP)

- A PIECE OF CAKE (1500XP), search the bars near HOTEL. Waypoint will show up if you near.

- SEEK 'N' LOOT (1800XP), you need to do WATERDANCE (Sidequest) in order to get into the building with the packs of juice.

Chapter III (Wheels of Steel):

- BORN TO BE WILD (2100XP), simple, just follow the mission objectives.

Chapter IV (Of Broken Birds):

- BLACK HAWK DOWN (2400XP)

- MISERY WAGON (2700XP)

- ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE (3400XP)

- ON THE ROAD (No XP)

End of Act I

Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #87
darkskyofclouds

DarkskyofClouds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Can't touch this 20
Use a hammer to kill a series of 15 zombies without taking damage.

Here is a Video Done by Stallion83 Music MC Hammer "U Can't Touch This

Find a hammer or have a friend give you his in a coop game. Make sure to upgrade it to max and have it fully repaired before attempting the above. You cannot take any damage during the 15 kills.

Kick is your best friend (LB) use it to keep enemies off of you and to weaken them. Be sure the final blow comes from dropping the hammer down.

http://www.1milliongamerscore.com

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/DarkskyofClouds

Last edited by darkskyofclouds; 09-11-2011 at 01:05 PM.
darkskyofclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #88
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Note: This achievement may be glitched at the moment. People can only seem to find 71/72 locations. The final location may be the Bloodbath Arena DLC, though this is not supposed to happen since the original 1000G is supposed to be obtainable off only the game disc. That DLC should be out at the end of the month, so we'll see. It is possible that you could be able to travel to its location and not participate in the actual Arena game mode unless you purchase the DLC.
That is pretty ugly! Let's hope the Bloodbath DLC won't be too expensive.
Really nice guide by the way! You made it really quickly!
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #89
DGKALLDAYKAY

DGK ALL DAY KAY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x DIAM0NDZ View Post
That is pretty ugly! Let's hope the Bloodbath DLC won't be too expensive.
Really nice guide by the way! You made it really quickly!
You didnt get the free code wow that sucks! It will most likley be 800 msp tho.
DGKALLDAYKAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #90
ToXiiC dM

ToXiiC dM's Gamercard
level 3 chests

does anyone have a map of all the locations of the level 3 chests (picklocking required) or of any of the chests, trying for my Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' cheevo! please msg me on this site or xbl! thank you
ToXiiC dM is offline   Reply With Quote