PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
NinjaHamster24

Master Shake34's Gamercard
Lock plz

Please just lock

Last edited by NinjaHamster24; 09-13-2011 at 06:54 PM.
NinjaHamster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
WTF we are not entitled to all content on disk, sweet jesus, if it wasnt Gears I would seriously say fuck this game.

also I just found out that the season pass infact ISNT for the first 4 DLCs, it is for any four that epic choses, I'll see if I can refind the source
Old 09-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
I already have a thread about all this bull that epic is doing. You should comment in it. Make your voice heard. F*** this noise!

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
NinjaHamster24

Master Shake34's Gamercard
I know I did haha I just wanted to post this cuz I was outraged when I read the twitter post....and if it's not all four DLC I'm gonna be even more pissed lol
Old 09-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Yeah. Its now 4 DLCs of THEIR choosing.

Lamer than FDR's legs... What? Too soon?

Old 09-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
ash356

Flamin X demon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHamster24 View Post
he said in a twiter update that we are not entitled to everything on the disc...this was regarding the on disc DLC skins and such that cost extra...I see EPIC is trying to milk the crap out of this game before they shove off the series...what with the season pass and pre made DLC..saddens me
Technically when we take possession of the disc, everything on the disc becomes our property. I can't see how EPIC can say different, you buy the disc under the impression you have access to everything on there.
Record companies don't make it so you have access to tracks 1-10, but have to buy tracks 11-13 when they're already on the disc.
Bungie left the halo series pleasing the majority of the fans. EPIC seem determined to do the opposite and just P*** everyone off.
ash356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
rickyfeeney

URINATING TIGER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
Yeah. Its now 4 DLCs of THEIR choosing.

Lamer than FDR's legs... What? Too soon?
so.. in theory they could choose to give us skins and characters when they initially implied that for the season pass we would receive the whole collection of dlc maps. This kind of stuff is what people are complaining about with the COD series, it brings hate on the developers. I know it doesn't matter as we'll all buy the game anyway.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStuartxX 1990 View Post
WTF we are not entitled to all content on disk, sweet jesus, if it wasnt Gears I would seriously say fuck this game.

also I just found out that the season pass infact ISNT for the first 4 DLCs, it is for any four that epic choses, I'll see if I can refind the source
not sure where you heard that but that is false.

The season pass is the first 4 DLCs. that is the official release from epic and microsoft for a 30% discount ($15) it's DLC1 in november and then 3 more in 2012 they only have 4 planned DLCs at the moment.

The weapon skins ARE NOT CONSIDERED DLC BY EPIC. They are considered optional unlockable content. Those skins will not be part of any DLC, this is confirmed by rod multiple times

the 22 skins are only unlockable through paying for the individual packs and the bulk pack of all 22.

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
bbss

Doctor B Samson's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post

The season pass is the first 4 DLCs.
Well, they never spoke about map packs... maybe we'll have dlc 1 characters, dlc 2 skins, dlc 3 more characters, dlc 4 more skins, dlc 5 6 7 8 maps

Since apparently it won't be taken off the marketplace, I'd say just try to not to fall in the trick of liquid metal skin and wait for the first couple of DLCs to be released to purchase it.

Anyway, seriously, I get that this is the final chapter and they're trying to make money with it, but every f'n day some new way to screw us comes out! What's next? "If you don't purchase something you can't use the A button"?

...land

Last edited by bbss; 09-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.
bbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbss View Post
Well, they never spoke about map packs... maybe we'll have dlc 1 characters, dlc 2 skins, dlc 3 more characters, dlc 4 more skins, dlc 5 6 7 8 maps

Since apparently it won't be taken off the marketplace, I'd say just try to not to fall in the trick of liquid metal skin and wait for the first couple of DLCs to be released to purchase it.

Anyway, seriously, I get that this is the final chapter and they're trying to make money with it, but every f'n day some new way to screw us comes out! What's next? "If you don't purchase something you can't use the A button"?
The official release from Epic stated that the 4 DLCs will include content of the following: Campaign, Multiplayer (including horde+beast), characters and weapon skins.

it's already confirmed that the first DLC includes 2 maps (Azura and Rustlung) and 2 characters (Bernie, Onyx Guard). According to Cliffy they're working on campaign DLC for DLC1 as well.

Cliffy and rod both said that their plan is for every DLC to have a mix of MP and Campaign content.

As far as the season pass goes, i'm buying it because i save $15. i'm also buying it because i have 10 friends that play gears more than any other game, and for some, including my girlfriend it's the only game they're going to play until borderlands 2. so they'll all be getting the DLC regardless to have new content to play. So saving $15 and getting all the DLC, regardless of what it is, is worth it to me.

other people can make their own decision. thats mine.

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post

The season pass is the first 4 DLCs. that is the official release from epic and microsoft for a 30% discount ($15) it's DLC1 in november and then 3 more in 2012 they only have 4 planned DLCs at the moment.

The weapon skins ARE NOT CONSIDERED DLC BY EPIC. They are considered optional unlockable content. Those skins will not be part of any DLC, this is confirmed by rod multiple times

the 22 skins are only unlockable through paying for the individual packs and the bulk pack of all 22.
Its true. Look it up on the forum. Joe Graf said you get 4 SPECIFIC DLCs. Not the first 4 anymore.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
Blerbman

What position is Rob in at EPIC anyway? Telling me that I don't own everything I've already payed for sounds incredibly "not legal" to me...
Blerbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Quote:
That's why they're doing this shit.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
WHITESTAR 2032

WHITESTAR 2032's Gamercard
This add on crap is geting way out of hand these days.
WHITESTAR 2032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
ODST Kayne

ODST Kayne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Someone wanna link the tweet where he says we aren't entitled to everything on the disc? That seems like an extremely stupid thing to say openly.

Time to start a new character 100
Reach Rank 5
ODST Kayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash356 View Post
Technically when we take possession of the disc, everything on the disc becomes our property. I can't see how EPIC can say different, you buy the disc under the impression you have access to everything on there.
Record companies don't make it so you have access to tracks 1-10, but have to buy tracks 11-13 when they're already on the disc.
Bungie left the halo series pleasing the majority of the fans. EPIC seem determined to do the opposite and just P*** everyone off.
Lol so wrong. Whatever your "impression" may be does not give you entitlement. If you want to get really technical, you don't even own the physical disk.

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #17
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Juicy Pie View Post
Lol so wrong. Whatever your "impression" may be does not give you entitlement. If you want to get really technical, you don't even own the physical disk.
Yeah, technically all they sell you is a license to play the game.

Bitch and moan all you like, but it's going to be the future of gaming. The developers don't make anywhere near as much money off the disk as they do DLC etc due to things such as piracy and game rentals. You rent GoW3- the same disk that thousands of people will use. Yet they only sell one copy. All those thousands of people buy DLC- they make the money.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #18
ademlakey

blue hanzo's Gamercard
When you buy any game you have the "right" to play it but not to own it.
Which is why you can't get a refund on any games after you have broken the seal on the case.

Im buying the epic edition seeing as it's the last game in the trilogy but the constant information about DLC is putting me off buying the season pass on day 1. And I dont understand how they can put 22 weapon skins as DLC too. Don't we get to unlock new skins or charecters by accomplishing things in the game anymore ?
ademlakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #19
SoBeRxFTW

Pulveratez's Gamercard
Quote:
If it wasnt Gears I would seriously say fuck this game.
Amen to that.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #20
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
*cough*
Still waiting on them sources, guys.

Also, pretty sure this quote basically says the gun skins aren't part of the "season pass":
Quote:
CLAYT0NCARMINE: @GearsViking is the day one dlc counted as one of the four DLC from the Season Pass, and just want to congratulate you on this EPIC game : D

GearsViking: @CLAYT0NCARMINE no seperate
https://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/statuses/112273745212739584.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blerbman View Post
What position is Rob in at EPIC anyway? Telling me that I don't own everything I've already payed for sounds incredibly "not legal" to me...
According to his bio on Twitter: Director of Production. But I think he was promoted recently, and I'm not sure if he's updated his bio to reflect that.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #21
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Yeah, technically all they sell you is a license to play the game.

Bitch and moan all you like, but it's going to be the future of gaming. The developers don't make anywhere near as much money off the disk as they do DLC etc due to things such as piracy and game rentals. You rent GoW3- the same disk that thousands of people will use. Yet they only sell one copy. All those thousands of people buy DLC- they make the money.
Then the future of gaming is looking really bleak.

Besides, I'm sure they are going to make plenty of money off of this game, DLC or otherwise.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #22
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Juicy Pie View Post
Actually, the only thing you do "own", is the physical disk and case it comes in. Unlike the money you use to buy the game. That, you don't own either. It's government property.

The bleaker the future of gaming looks, the more money I'll save by not giving greedy greedy devs/companies money. I love gaming, but it's getting more and more annoying week to week. Not the games themselves, but the bullshit that comes with it... like what we're talking about here.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #23
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Epic will get whats coming to them... yes a big load of cash, but also a huge portion of their fanbase will be lost and/or seriously pissed until they are given something to deal with all the crap epic is pulling.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #24
linktriforce007

Send a message via AIM to linktriforce007 Send a message via MSN to linktriforce007 Send a message via Yahoo to linktriforce007 Send a message via Skype™ to linktriforce007

linktriforce007's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGotenW View Post
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Yep. That's what I was thinking the entire time. Complain and complain, but just like the CoD map packs for 1200msp that people were getting pissed off about, they'll get away with it.

Latest Gamerscore Feats:

66666:
Monkey See Monkey Don't

80000:
Hard to the Core

linktriforce007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
Barbedkelp

Barbedkelp's Gamercard
I trust EPIC. They're one of the few game companies I do. But this is putting a whole new light on them for me.

Hopefully my trust in them will pay off

Free DLC!

Brian: Peter those are cheerios.

If you enjoy the time you are wasting then it is not wasted time.

Barbedkelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #26
DJzero

DJ zero 1980's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedkelp View Post
I trust EPIC. They're one of the few game companies I do. But this is putting a whole new light on them for me.

Hopefully my trust in them will pay off

Free DLC!
I did trust Epic. I am now totally done doing that. I'm learning to let go of the anger. I'll buy whatever DLC interests me and skip the rest. I love Gears and that won't be changing. But I will never again buy a game just because Epic made it.

Bungie's next game, I'll be standing in line. Valve still has my 100% trust. Those are about the only 2 companies I can say that about.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #27
enilson

s1x demon bag's Gamercard
As someone said above - you're purchasing a software license - and as such the people granting the license control what you get. These skins HAVE to be on the disc (or added via patch) in order for those that don't have them to be able to see you have them in the game (much like Mortal Kombat and many other games have had to have you download items to be able to play online with people with custom content). There's a lot of "Much Ado About Nothing" with this issue - which is fine because I'll tune it out.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #28
HorsemanOfWar16

Lord Jimbobalot's Gamercard
To this day Bunjie are the only true game developer I fell that gives a dam about their community at all. Yea they make shit loads but they dont step on the toes of the people who are buying there product.

EPIC have really let me down as developers now, I love the gears games and will purchase no matter what, but my overall opinion on them as a developer has changed, So pissed at the shit they're doing.

P.s. - Valve are one of the (if not top) worst game developers out their, in terms of community and stuff. That's just my opinion. The shit they fucked up on with Left 4 Dead, ill never forgive em for that.lol

EPIC sort your shit out! -You been hanging with Microsoft too long!!

In NO way is this contradicting my above statements,
I CANT WAIT FOR GEARS 3!!! ....... ok maybe a little.lol

Currently Awaiting: ME: Shadow of Mordor, Destiny, AC: Unity, Batman: Arkham Knight, Halo V, Tc: The Division, Tc: Siege

1000/1000: Mark of the Ninja, Dead Space 1+ 2, GoW 1+2, Darksiders, Batman: AA, Assassin's Creed 1+2+ Brotherhood, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV , COD 2 - MW 1+2 - WaW, Halo:ODST - Reach, Battlefield:BC2 - 1943, Left 4 Dead 1+2.
HorsemanOfWar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #29
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard

You people will bitch about anything now days.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to understand.

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #30
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
You people will bitch about anything now days.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to understand.
This is why we need facepalm smilies.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote