PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #121
Monstor

King Chizzy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Its the strategy you idiot. >.>

74th Person on TrueAchievements to get 1250 in Rock Band 3
Monstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #122
NJAM14Titleist

NJAM14Titleist's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VividChaos View Post
I love it when people say golf isn't a sport. They have obviously never played golf. Golf is definitely a sport. It requires stamina, strength, and accuracy. As for video games I would classify as a pseudo-sport. Things that you can compete in or that have organized leagues would fall into this category. Things like beer pong can be a pseudo sport because there are competitive leagues but would not classify it a regular sport.
So true about golf.
NJAM14Titleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #123
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrophillic View Post
Sport:
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
a particular form of this, especially in the out of doors.
diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.

Pretty obvious that the answer is NO. But it does share characteristics - like competitive gaming. When you play a sport you play to win, the same can be said for gaming
You and I must use the same dictionary. This is verbatim to what I was about to post.

Video games classified as a sport is definitely debatable. It has characteristics of a sport, however, the physical aspect is a component it lacks. Also sharing a similar dilemma is chess, poker, and spelling bees. Somehow they're recognized as sports yet they lack the same requirements video games do to qualify as a sport. Ultimately, I have to say they are not a sport. And I must also argue that chess, poker, and spelling bees are either. Perhaps leisurely activities or organized competitions; but not a sport.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #124
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic24k View Post
Ultimately, I have to say they are not a sport. And I must also argue that chess, poker, and spelling bees are either. Perhaps leisurely activities or organized competitions; but not a sport.
Wouldn't you agree that gaming requires more physical exertion than the above sports, and seeing as they are sports, gaming must be a sport?
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #125
XGC Bobwell12

a vicious panda's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
Wouldn't you agree that gaming requires more physical exertion than the above sports, and seeing as they are sports, gaming must be a sport?

It must be! And I believe it is. Gaming may not seem to have physical exertion but your body does exhibit signs of physical exertion i.e. sweat, cramps, soreness . . etc.
XGC Bobwell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #126
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC Bobwell12 View Post
It must be! And I believe it is. Gaming may not seem to have physical exertion but your body does exhibit signs of physical exertion i.e. sweat, cramps, soreness . . etc.
The body displays the same signs during sexual activity; doesn't make it a sport. Gaming is more synonymous to, as someone pointed out earlier, a simple activity or competition. If anything, it's a mind-sport, such as chess or poker. But comparing it to a sport that requires you to be physically fit to excel at is purely incorrect; you can have the poorest of health and still do well in gaming competitions.

Last edited by Kraderic; 09-04-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #127
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Gaming is about as much a sport as fishing.

Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #128
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
Ever heard of sport fishing? lol
They have competitions that require skill and physical exertion.
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #129
DominationWarrior

Send a message via Skype™ to DominationWarrior

Rindoukombatant's Gamercard
Gaming a sport, in a way, I think so
DominationWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #130
!xobile

bloodred123's Gamercard
gaming can be classified as a sport. theres some things that are classified as a "sport" are just WTF

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/55827086 - Andy Carroll
!xobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #131
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
never fished Marlins or sharks...have you?
Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #132
purpleinsect

MissRiddlez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
You don't sweat in poker or chess...
That is why it isn't sport either It's just a hobby. People need to stop trying to make everything a sport. Sport is something where you sweat and burn calories. Of course it's many other things as well.
purpleinsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #133
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacAttack159357 View Post
Ever heard of sport fishing? lol
They have competitions that require skill and physical exertion.
Yes. And because you put the word SPORT in front of it, doesn't make it a sport. I don't go around saying I SPORT masturbate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
never fished Marlins or sharks...have you?
No. Cause I don't have mad money to rent a boat, and buy those expensive rods. Also, read statement above.

People say they hunt for sport, but really, there's no sport.

And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport", need to have their heads examined.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #134
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Yes. And because you put the word SPORT in front of it, doesn't make it a sport. I don't go around saying I SPORT masturbate.

No. Cause I don't have mad money to rent a boat, and buy those expensive rods. Also, read statement above.

People say they hunt for sport, but really, there's no sport.

And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport", need to have their heads examined.
First of all Im not saying gaming is a sport..it's a hobby.

A sport is something you do a little extra ordinary...like hitting a home run.

I was responding to your stupid comment about fishing not being a sport...it's takes lots of energy to catch a shark...so if you want to call that a sport I think people have a good point....fly fishing for trout is not a sport.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #135
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Quote:
First of all Im not saying gaming is a sport..it's a hobby.

A sport is something you do a little extra ordinary...like hitting a home run.

I was responding to your stupid comment about fishing not being a sport...it's takes lots of energy to catch a shark...so if you want to call that a sport I think people have a good point....fly fishing for trout is not a sport.
Listen here kid. Just cause YOU like fishing and YOU think it's a sport, doesn't mean it is. It's your OPINION. And to call my comment stupid, makes you a dick.

Also, LEARN TO READ. It says, "And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport". So not you, unless you said so.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #136
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Don't consider gaming as a sport. Playing sports games doesn't count either.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #137
NJAM14Titleist

Quote:
Listen here kid. Just cause YOU like fishing and YOU think it's a sport, doesn't mean it is. It's your OPINION. And to call my comment stupid, makes you a dick.

Also, LEARN TO READ. It says, "And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport". So not you, unless you said so.
You can buy fishing poles at Dick's Sporting Goods. ESPN also considers fishing a sport on their website. I don't like to go fishing, but I still think it is a sport.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #138
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:

I love how you tell him to learn to read when you overlooked the fact that he never said he liked fishing or that he believed it was a sport; two things you obscenely accused him of doing. The only dick here is you, kind sir -- and a short one at that.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 AM   #139
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic View Post
I love how you tell him to learn to read when you overlooked the fact that he never said he liked fishing or that he believed it was a sport; two things you obscenely accused him of doing. The only dick here is you, kind sir -- and a short one at that.
He's not a dick. He's just battling a troll on this forum. Cut him some slack.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #140
Spanish Assault

Quote:

Looks like I hurt your feelings. I never said I like fishing...my point is fishing for Marlins and Sharks on the open ocean would be considered a sport in my book. You dismiss it like it's chess or checkers. I didn't say ALL fishing was a sport, but just that catching a 800 pound shark is NOT in the same category as Chess. You accuse me of not reading your post and totally ignore everything in mine except for the word stupid...Since I'm 31, unless your in your 50's or 60's calling me "kid" is kind of weird too.

Quote:
Not sure what your definition of a troll is but your way off...a troll makes a comment to start a flame war thats off topic...or to start an argument...I was correct him on dismissing fishing as a sport....not calling people trolls cause they dont have the same point of view....do you see the Irony?

Im going to give you one shot to give me a real reason for accusing me of a troll (not the generic "you're a troll cause you have a different opinion then me)....otherwise you'll be ignored like all the other trolls I've come across (blueprotoss, Ninja Kaspyr 83, xXeliteprosniperXx)

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 09-05-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #141
Kraderic
Banned User

Quote:
Sorry, but I consider you a troll much more than I do Carmona.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #142
muffy

muffytwocats's Gamercard
Does the physical exertion of kinect/move/wii not satisfy the physical requirements of sport?
muffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #143
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
a troll makes a comment to start a flame war thats off topic...or to start an argument...

I was correct him on dismissing fishing as a sport....

not calling people trolls cause they dont have the same point of view....
You've done that countless times in countless threads. Almost every thread I see you post in, you have no input to the conversation. Instead, your first post is, "You're wrong, this is the way it should be. You're an idiot." I know a lot of people see this too. Even Kraderic thinks we're both trolls. How cute!

I never said you were wrong in correcting him. I don't care if fishing is or isn't a sport. I don't fish so I can't really say anything about it.

I didn't say you were a troll because you have a different opinion. People can have conversations and discussions because they have a different opinion. Read above for the reason.

You can block me, I don't care. It will just prevent you from getting your feelings hurt. In fact, I will block you so I don't have to read your uneducated posts where you can't correctly distinguish between you're and your. You can respond, but then that means you didn't block me. But it won't matter, because I'll have you blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraderic
Sorry, but I consider you a troll much more than I do Carmona.
I'm sure you do.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #144
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Okay, you can all stop the trolling now.

Swinging something is a sport yeah? Like the sport of ban hammering

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #145
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Okay, you can all stop the trolling now.

Swinging something is a sport yeah? Like the sport of ban hammering
got it...I didn't mean to start an argument...

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 09-05-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #146
NJAM14Titleist

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffy View Post
Does the physical exertion of kinect/move/wii not satisfy the physical requirements of sport?
I don't think they do satisfy the physical requirements of sports. You can get the same physical exertion in 5 minutes of a sport as much as about an hour on kinect, wii, or move.