PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead to Rights: Retribution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Mounting Jew

Easiest way to do the 3 bombs in train station on det?

Yeah this is impossible I know. That Barney Spacktard says 10 hours for 1k. What a spacker! Its taken me 3-4 hours and im on mission 4 I reckon it will take 30 hours plus. Total noob that guy!
Mounting Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
Mojo I Uk

Mojo I Uk's Gamercard
Hopefully this will help you

I start off just by sending shadow forward randomly,run down right stairs heading for right bomb. There are usually 2 guys here. Kill the bigger out of the 2 and send shadow after the other, he is usually around the benches.Disarm bomb 1. Cover on right pillar (looking towards the bomb on the opposite side of you),use Focus to kill sniper on the balcony above. When he is dead, run out then right and up the stairs,send shadow to kill first guy in front,take out the other and disarm bomb here. Facing the way you just came,head down the right stairs now,and use the stairway wall in front as your next cover from sniper fire from the left sniper,you can try to kill him but i never bother. Send Shadow out randomly again. Run up these stairs and run directly to the next bomb and disarm.Its up to you whether you kill the guy here now or after bomb defuse. I usually tend to kill him after when SWAT turn up and take out the rest.

Good luck,its not to bad when you do it this way,just at the beginning dont sit about or you will die very quickly
Mojo I Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #3
SoleAssassin

This part is pissing me the fuck off. 3 minutes when there's like 30 guys you gotta kill. Really? Fuckin' stupid.

“He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There’s courage about him. Doesn’t look like a killer. Comes across so strong. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion."
SoleAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
SoleAssassin

Fuck, finally did it. Whew.

“He looks determined without being ruthless. Something heroic in his manner. There’s courage about him. Doesn’t look like a killer. Comes across so strong. Acts like he has a dream. Full of passion."
SoleAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
Lukeweizer

Lukeweizer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounting Jew View Post
Yeah this is impossible I know. That Barney Spacktard says 10 hours for 1k. What a spacker! Its taken me 3-4 hours and im on mission 4 I reckon it will take 30 hours plus. Total noob that guy!
How is he the noob because you can't complete the game? I just finished the game over the course of a day and a half.

I just booked it through that part. Cleared a path, then ran to the next bomb. Took me about 4 tries.
Lukeweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
Sir Salford

Sir Salford's Gamercard
Quote:
Haha maybe you should go and buy a wii or something ya fool. I did it on my 3rd try took about 30 mins max. Whats the point in bitchin at the guide writer when its clearly your skills that are letting you down. I think you need to look a bit closer to home for who is the real ''Barney Spacktard" fucking moron
Old 01-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
Septic

SepticSchizo's Gamercard
I find it this section very hard.

Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
Septic

SepticSchizo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo I Uk View Post
Hopefully this will help you

I start off just by sending shadow forward randomly,run down right stairs heading for right bomb. There are usually 2 guys here. Kill the bigger out of the 2 and send shadow after the other, he is usually around the benches.Disarm bomb 1. Cover on right pillar (looking towards the bomb on the opposite side of you),use Focus to kill sniper on the balcony above. When he is dead, run out then right and up the stairs,send shadow to kill first guy in front,take out the other and disarm bomb here. Facing the way you just came,head down the right stairs now,and use the stairway wall in front as your next cover from sniper fire from the left sniper,you can try to kill him but i never bother. Send Shadow out randomly again. Run up these stairs and run directly to the next bomb and disarm.Its up to you whether you kill the guy here now or after bomb defuse. I usually tend to kill him after when SWAT turn up and take out the rest.

Good luck,its not to bad when you do it this way,just at the beginning dont sit about or you will die very quickly

I got it second go following this guide.

Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
PeoplesChamp

MildStar's Gamercard
not too hard

That part wasn't too hard.. i did it on my 2.nd try. I ran past a few guys and the activated focus mode to take out the guards next to the first bomb and the i sent shadow to take out one of the guys next to the other bomb but after that i didn't have time to revive shadow so i had to take care of the rest myself.

But i used alot of focus mode to clear the mission.
PeoplesChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
Helljack

Helljack01's Gamercard
I almost quit playing this game because of this mission on detective. What worked for me was to stay on the top section where you start and send Shadow to kill everything in sight until he gets shot. In the mean time shoot one of the big guys guarding the bombs and he will run to you. Tap focus mode and shoot him in the head when he is close to you. Now do the same to the other bomb guard, and pick off stragglers who wander up to you. Now, run like hell and defuse the two side bombs. Last, revive Shadow and send him toward the last bomb in the middle and focus, kill remaining and defuse bomb.

Definitely is not easy, but do-able. Good luck!
Helljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
DivineWind72

DivineWind72's Gamercard
Quote:
Comments like this kind of piss me off a little bit, if you think you could do a better guide/roadmap then feel free to do one and submit it - there's nothing stopping you (then again, judging by your comment there probably is). I know a couple of guide writers personally and they encourage constructive criticism with their guides but this isn't constructive, this is what i would class as a personal attack. Like he said in his first sentence, this is his first attempt at writing a guide/roadmap for a retail game so i wouldn't expect it to be perfect, however he also states the time range to complete this game to be 8 - 15 hours. This, of course, is dependent on the skill of the player and the way you are complaining points me to the opinion that you are lacking somewhat in skill and are just looking for someone to blame for your misgivings.

Now, on to my solution for getting through this part of the game (nb: no skill needed so you should be good). After trying to shoot and punch my way through it 3 or 4 times and failing miserably i did this, from the checkpoint head to the right staircase but don't go down, you will see 3 or 4 enemies coming up the bottom stairs onto the level below you, you need to kill these guys and then just run like your arse is on fire to the bomb on the right of the area. When i got there, there was 2 guys by the bomb so i set the dog onto one and i dealt with the other, then i defused the bomb(obviously). Next step, run like your arse is on fire again to the centre bomb and do the same again using the dog to deal with one enemy while you do the other. Finally, run to the last bomb on the left of the area and go through the same process using the dog. I can't stress how important it is to use the dog in any situation in this game, not just this part. Another good tip would be to use the dash/evade manoeuvre and then follow up with a couple of heavy attacks to take out the big guys guarding the bombs (or just headshot them if you have a weapon). I didn't get troubled by the snipers but if you do once you have defeated the guards just use the stone/brick pillars for cover and recover any health if you need to then defuse the bombs.
DivineWind72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #12
Rey Punisher

rey punisher's Gamercard
actually this is pretty easy, if you think this is hard wait for boss battle in chap 6

Rey Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote