PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Shadow Complex
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
II DaddyJut II

Easy way to get XP.

Hello, this is my first post on this site, and I wanted to do something useful with it, so here it is. It is also my first guide for any kind of game, so please, be gentle. This is the method I used to get to level 50, it is repetitive, but it works very well, so my advice is to mute your tv and listen to your iPod or something.

Ok, start the game on Insane and work your way to the room where you see Claire being beaten up on camera and pick up the pistol, shoot the turret and then enter the secret room (unlocked by collecting all the gold bars, if you have done) and grab the Pulse Rifle. I know other people have said it is better to use a machine gun, but I found it easier using the Pulse rifle. Head back down the vent and grab the health upgrade, you'll need it, and proceed through the game, melee as many soldiers as you can. When you get to the first spider robot, take it out and it will give you a small but good amount of XP, but this is not the best bit. Continue to work your way through the game, past seeing Claire taken away in the helicopter and across the lake, and down into the next section of the base.
Here is the good bit.
When you enter the room via the vent, and hear the three guards moaning about the drills and that there is an intruder, wait until they are all together and then attack them by melee, take out one after the other until you have a X5 bonus, and then quickly get up the ladder to the objective, where you pick up the MP5. When the cut scene has finished, you will get a big jump of XP thanks to that bonus from meleeing the soldiers. Get to the save room, save, start a new game, and repeat process. Like I said before, it may seem boring, but it worked for me.

Any chance of this being a Stickey?
II DaddyJut II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
marKot1k

marKot1K's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hmmm, I'll give that that a go.

Cheers
marKot1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
aaron7x

I used your method and it works good.I would like to add a couple of things. After the golden gun room there is a room with two enemies on the floor level and one on a platform above.The next room past this has a ladder which leads to a save room.Save then reload save.Go back out of save room and you will see vent up on left wall.Shoot vent and go through. You will drop down into the last room but on top platform. Jump to right and melee enemy and then drop down and melee the other two. You will have 5x multiplier.To your right will be a floor vent you can shoot.Drop down and grab the passkey.With the 5x it gives you quite a bit of experience. I did this every time on my way through when I used your method to level up even faster.Also right before the first spider boss there is a health canister on the floor. I always jumped over it and through the next door is an enemy. Melee him for 3x and then go back to get canister for extra xp. Hope this helps.
aaron7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
II DaddyJut II

You know, I never picked up on that one, but thinking about it now I should have. Thanks for that addition, glad I helped.
II DaddyJut II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Necro Knight

I'd like to add that not much further from where you pick up the MP50 is the M400. Instead of starting a new game after picking up the MP50, proceed to the barracks with the dimmed lights. There are 3 guards patrolling but they wont notice you unless you stand still in front of them. Keep running and melee all three. At the end there's a staircase with two guards and two turrets. Melee the first, jump over the railing and melee the second. After that quickly make your way downstair before the turrets activate and you'll come in the room with the M400. This boost is even bigger than the MP50 one
Necro Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
shavron

Shavron's Gamercard
Well, I just figured out what I'm doing tonight.

shavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
PoMoGub

PoMoGub's Gamercard
win

Using the 4 total xp spikes I was able to go from about 34 to 50 in 3 episodes of Firefly.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
agentnnc

USB Connector's Gamercard
There are a ton of videos on youtube, but there is one spot above ground near the center/left side of the lake where you can get a 6-7X multiplier. I figured that one out on my first playthrough and I take advantage of it when I pass by while playing. Otherwise, I haven't boosted yet and I'm at level 44.

Playthroughs:
1) 100% run on hardcore
2) 3% run on casual
3) Playthrough on insanity (I just past the exploding room and I have roughly 90% of the map and 60% of the collectibles)
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

- Rush (Something for Nothing)
agentnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
radfannybandit

II The Beard II's Gamercard
Thanks for the info, worked like a charm, and I made a video of the run I took using all your suggestions! Do with it what you will...

http://youtu.be/dPF6CzX5VGc

http://youtu.be/m28yU7l1u4g
radfannybandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
playmanc

Playmancm's Gamercard
ha, I use your method, very effective
playmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #11
Yoda beer

Yoda Beer's Gamercard
Is this method the best way to grind out exp or are there more effective means?
Yoda beer is offline   Reply With Quote