PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Burnout CRASH!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
x JAME0

x Jameooooooooo's Gamercard
Anyone Else Get This

Just Added It To The DL Que Any One Played It Yet ?

250Gig Slim Xbox & HTC 7 Mozart WP7
x JAME0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Djens

The Djens's Gamercard
buying it tonight when I get home! I know it's crap, but it's still Burnout
Djens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm getting the trail now. I'll buy it for sure because its burnout

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Murn

DaMurn's Gamercard
I was hesitant to buy this, so I downloaded the trial. One game later I bought the full version. Even though it's a different view angle and what not, it still manages to feel like a Burnout game, and I love it.
Murn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
skaghead

Skaghead's Gamercard
i on the other hand thought it was aweful.I'd definately try the demo first and see what you think as opinions differ
skaghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Dragonling

Dragonling's Gamercard
I'm on the Love It! side of the fence...

Great pace, fun graphics, big explosions...feels like burnout to me
Dragonling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Its a refreshing xbla title something different from all the other garbage XBLA games and for 800MS its pretty cheap for an EA game lol. the achievements look well hard though not got a single one yet.

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
X Drlobo

X Drlobo's Gamercard
That game is a demonstration of how you can use a good gameplay mechanics and change it to something completely new and different !

Those who are only after the hysteria that was crash mode in previous burnout iterations will be disapointed , those who welcome change will find there a very polished game with a lot to do, lots of fun (Paging Doctor Beat !!!) and quite a challenge !

I was sceptical at first but had to buy the full game after a few tries, couldn't let go of it all evening and i intend to play it again as soon as i can launch the xbox !

You have to keep trying though because you can't win without a plan (and sometimes a bit of luck) and knowing the game basis and 'rules' are important if you want to meet the goals of every stages.

With 16 intersections and 3 game modes, you have hours of crashbreaking ahead of you if you want to get all those stars and for 800 pts that's a bargain IMO.
X Drlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
Daft Badger

Daft Badger's Gamercard
Bought it after playing one game of the trial.Great game,so addictive.Excellent use of the music as well.
Daft Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
I am a big Burnout fan, loved Paradise and 3:Takedown most. But I am on the fence about this one, played the demo ages yesterday, but the achievements look insanely hard, at first they didnt but seeing how much I sucked in game I think this is gonna be a hard 100%, I dunno, the audio and graphics are spot on, but it feels like its missing something, and I need some time to see if I care or not about that something! and what it is!

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 47
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #11
X Drlobo

X Drlobo's Gamercard
You have to come up with a strategy for each levels and the goals you want to attain, i'm afraid you don't have enough material in the demo to figure this out ... the 3 modes are really different and need different approach to the gameplay, also the different vehicules you will unlock range from great aftertouch with low crash breaker power to the opposite and you can't achieve 5 stars in one session, you'll have to redo each levels until you find the correct balance and the good way of managing the cars flow.

The game is deeper than it seems and has very little to do with previous crash modes in past burnout games ... its a new experience alltogether.

Regarding the achievements ..the 270 stars one will be the longest , nothing seems impossible to achieve but i think you have to aim for one then choose the right place to achieve it ... not many will pop up by 'accident'
X Drlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
Rusty Knight 07

Rusty Knight 07's Gamercard
How can a company like Criterion games seriously make such a crap game? Its more like a Commodore 64 (if you've never heard of it ask your Dad) game than an Xbox 360 game.

I downloaded the trial, played it for a couple of minutes and decided Criterion have lost the plot, and then deleted it.

The next Burnout game should have been something better than Paradise not something worse than an 80's game.
Rusty Knight 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
It's an awesome game.

Better than most of the Summer of Arcade rubbish, and that was 1200MSP a piece!!

Love the music, the minute I heard Crash at the loading screen, I knew this game would be good.

I love the random old school songs that play when certain things happen in game.

Its very addictive, and the leaderboards mean me and my mates will be trying to out do eachother for ages.

Later on the junctions are so challenging, and the extra vehicles make the game more fun.

For 800MSP, its a deep and fun game.

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #14
graham84

Graham84's Gamercard
Been playing it for a couple of hours and it is a toughy, but it makes you want to keep playing

Kinda need some new friends for my leaderboards though, really wanna see how well I'm getting on

Bottom line: Well worth 800msp. Get It

graham84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #15
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
Anyone know how to increase your super feature % most ive managed to get is 40%

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz MMCCV View Post
Anyone know how to increase your super feature % most ive managed to get is 40%
Don't let any cars get past you. Just try to make a big pile so that every car that spawns can't get through.
Some events even need you to get a 100% feature.
Kamelbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #17
NoShineMM

NoShineMM's Gamercard
i feel the gmae is a solid 800 pts. sure the top down view is a bit cheesy, but its still overall a fun game.
NoShineMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
NeonInVermont

NeonInVermont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Knight 07 View Post
How can a company like Criterion games seriously make such a crap game? Its more like a Commodore 64 (if you've never heard of it ask your Dad) game than an Xbox 360 game.

I downloaded the trial, played it for a couple of minutes and decided Criterion have lost the plot, and then deleted it.

The next Burnout game should have been something better than Paradise not something worse than an 80's game.

You cant compare this game to Paradise. Paradise is a full RETAIL game that had a huge budget.
This is a ARCADE game made with a much much much smaller budget.

That's like comparing a Dodge Viper and a Dodge Neon and being pissed that the Neon isn't as fast and the Viper.

Besides, after looking at your games played list and seeing some of the arcade games you have bought, its pretty clear you aren't to sure on whats a good arcade game and what's not.
NeonInVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #19
MikeinSC

DaMikeSC's Gamercard
I get that this seems to have really stridently mixed reactions...but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

100% Retail --- 40

100% Arcade --- 17
MikeinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Cannot understand why this game has had mixed reviews. Its an absolutely brilliant game. I loved the crash parts of the original Burnout games and this arcade version is just as fun. Bought it Thursday and have been playing it non stop and have not played anything else since even though I got about 3 other new retail games waiting to be played.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
This has the vibe of Burnout 3 and Revenge that I miss so much. Love this game.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #22
Kryxx

Kryxx 07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAAC1982 View Post
Cannot understand why this game has had mixed reviews. Its an absolutely brilliant game. I loved the crash parts of the original Burnout games and this arcade version is just as fun. Bought it Thursday and have been playing it non stop and have not played anything else since even though I got about 3 other new retail games waiting to be played.
Absolutely! This game is so much fun. The intersection crashes were some of my favorite parts of Burnout: Revenge. I was sad when they went away, in Paradise. When I found out there was an XBLA game, just dealing with intersection crashes, I was sold.
Kryxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #23
MatrixJake1978

Jake Duh's Gamercard
It's ok...

I just picked it up. For the money (now that it is on sale 320 points), it is a good deal. It doesn't keep my attention like the classic Burnout Crash games, but is still fun. It reminds me a little bit of the original Grand Theft Auto with the birdseye view.

- Jake

Gamertag: Heyyyy Brother

Need 4 weapons in Fable3 for 100%, without trading with anyone.
MatrixJake1978 is offline   Reply With Quote