PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Simulation > Rise of Glory
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Road Map

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10
-Offline: 20 (200)
-Online: 0 (0)
-Approximate amount of time to 200: 25+ hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Many custom games
-Number of missable achievements: None
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
-Extra equipment needed? Windows Phone 7, $2.99 USD

Introduction:
Rise of Glory is your typical WWI fighter pilot game for the WP7; it was developed my Revo Solutions and published by Microsoft Game Studios. The tilt controls are fairly easy to pick up after a few minutes, and as a note: if your plane is flying out of control, press the back button and recalibrate it while the phone is lying on a flat surface. You can read a review (although I believe the rating is a little high) here. The Remdizzle has a good achievement guide here if you need more specific information.

Step 1: Miscellaneous Achievements
First, you will want to go for all of the achievements that require you to do something in a particular game mode (or besides just killing). Start up a “Defend the base” match and destroy the enemy base before yours takes damage to unlock Clean match. Next, start up a “Free for all” match to 11 kills and win it without being killed to unlock Flawless (you will also unlock Rookie, Wingman, Instructor, and Ace). Then, start up a “Capture the flag” match to 5 captures and 1 enemy. Win this match without being killed and without the enemy stealing your flag to unlock Three in a row and Flawless CTF.

Step 2: Killing Achievements
After completing Step 1, all the achievements you will have left consist only of killing enemies. I find the best way to do this is to start up a “Capture the flag” match to 20 captures (just make it high enough so they don’t win), 5 enemies, and to 10 or 15 minutes. I found that if I set the time limit any higher, the leaderboards would usually lose connection to Xbox Live, and my kills wouldn’t count (however, they sometimes did count; to be safe try to play it online). When playing CTF, the enemies fly straight towards you from the start. This creates an ideal situation to go for Frenzy shooter. If you didn’t die yet, kill 5 more enemies for Top Ace. After this, continue playing CTF over and over again until you unlock 10000 kills.

Conclusion:
Rise of Glory is a neat WWI fighter pilot game that can kill time between bus rides or classes. It doesn’t offer much gameplay wise, but it is not the worst purchase you can make for $2.99. Be warned, however, that the road to a full 200 gamerscore is a long, boring grind.

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.

Last edited by montrossity; 04-05-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Grammar.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote