PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DiRT 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #1
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thumbs down Five of your Best - PC achievement bug

OK, so PC players are probably familiar with the glitchy achievements (I think it's just a few of the onlines ones). So, in this case, how can one get "Five of your Best" achievement to unlock and sync up successfully? It does unlock but never syncs up to LIVE, which means when you exit the game or earn another achievement, it becomes locked again.

I would have just throught an achievement is an achievement but for a few in this game, they've been real glitchy. Not necessarily game-wise but the way the Games for Windows - LIVE client handles them. At a loss here.

Last edited by Thorpe; 01-06-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
KINGvJAMES

KINGvJAMES's Gamercard
I unfortunately have the same problem. I had 'five of your best' 'with great honor' and 'mix it up' all glitch everytime i turn it off and come back to it later I will do one race and it will re-unlock them again. According to my GfWL client I have over 1000g in Dirt 2 and over 50 achievements unlocked when there is only 1000 possible GS and 47 achievements(and I still don't have 2).

I did get 'with great honor' to "stick" to my profile after unlocking it five or six times. I wish there was a solution to this its really annoying. Only thing I'm trying to do is keep racing to get to level 30 online and hope before than it stays :/

KINGvJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
MADGTX

MADGTX's Gamercard
I have the same problem .. I drive a race offline or online, and to achieve open. In my profile the achievements of 50 of 47. Then the achievement is blocked, and if I open any achievement in another game, I can re-open the former, but it does not count! Update the game I think would not be? And who knows how to solve this problem?
I hate this game, now forever count stood at 45/47 achievements: (
But if you get a "Rush Hour " may still have a chance!
MADGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Thorpe

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
It seems to stick only when you next unlock two achievements in one go (like this: "2 for 30 G" message) I find (if you don't have any, then you may be out of luck).

Nobody at Codemasters seems to have given a shit to address such issue that has been made perfectly clear on their forums, nor anyone from Microsoft. I shall be thinking twice before I consider another Codemasters game on PC (I have heard F1 2010 has some similar issues) or even any Games for Windows - LIVE title.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
KINGvJAMES

KINGvJAMES's Gamercard
I tried do that but when I unlocked the level 15 achievement it said that I unlocked 3 achievements at once but they didn't stay so I have two left rush hour and level 30 and I am hoping they stick to my profile with one of those.

I did read that someone on the GfW forum said that you can delete your profile and then put it back on the computer but it just sounds like it would do more harm than good. It does delete your saves so please back everything up and GoW can not be backed up do to anti cheating stuff.

Damn this game

KINGvJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
There are 3 "glitchy" achievements in the PC version.
With Great Honor
Five of Your Best
Mix It Up!

The only way to unlock them and have it stick is to get 2 more "non-glitchy" achievements in the same session (not exiting out of the game). After boosting the 3 achievements, I went and played the final X-Games and ended up unlocking 6 achievements.

A note should probably be added to the guide or roadmap about this. I was lucky to read on trueachievements about this glitch before I finished the single player. Because if you have everything done, you are completely screwed from getting 1000.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
Thorpe

Do you mean unlocking two achievements combined or two achievements separately in the session?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 AM   #8
acdougla17

Th3 Dude I7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
just any 2 achievements. they dont need to be at the same time (I think), just in the same session.
PRE-PATCH MARATHON Trials HD- (10/3/09-11:38 PM)

acdougla17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #9
GORQITO

gorqito's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpe View Post
Nobody at Codemasters seems to have given a shit to address such issue that has been made perfectly clear on their forums, nor anyone from Microsoft. I shall be thinking twice before I consider another Codemasters game on PC (I have heard F1 2010 has some similar issues) or even any Games for Windows - LIVE title.
Totally agree. I emailed them asking for a fix and they didn't even take the effort to reply! And it wasn't a rude email or anything of that sort.

From my experiences, there are no issues with F1 2010 for PC. Not like the horrible mess DiRT 2 online is .

About any GFWL title, these are the ones to beware:
Mahjong Wisdom
Juiced 2: HIN (HORRIBLE)
Osmos (Can't get 100% completion cuz of "Null" achievement)
Where's Waldo (Although I never had problems)
Tinker (But I think it's fixed)
And of course DiRT 2
UPDATE: Dark Void

If I can think of anymore I will update. But others I have played are fine.

I have been dealing with this for a while now. I am stuck with the achievement "With Great Honor". I have tried unlocking it numerous times but it will not stick! And it is the last achievement so no 100% for me... too bad I learned about it too late. But yes, to fix it, unlock any 2 SP achievements (separate, like let's say "Dialled in" and then you do another race and get "Terminated!") in the same session (I wish I could have done that). On the GFWL client it shows something like 50 of 47 achievements with 1045G because of "With Great Honor".

I also had glitchiness for "Five of Your Best" but it eventually stuck (I have no idea how).

Good luck resolving these issues, it became frustrating for me.

But other than the glitchy achievements I have no knocks against this game, loved every minute of it!

Last edited by GORQITO; 01-06-2011 at 10:45 PM.
GORQITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:15 AM   #10
Thorpe

Well, I now only have Level 30 to unlock online. I guess this could be another glitchy one although Level 15 stuck right away. I got FUEL coming on Xbox 360 soon. I've heard it's bad on PC but probably not for the same reasons as DiRT 2?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
GORQITO

gorqito's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, I now only have Level 30 to unlock online. I guess this could be another glitchy one although Level 15 stuck right away. I got FUEL coming on Xbox 360 soon. I've heard it's bad on PC but probably not for the same reasons as DiRT 2?
Level 30 online should not be glitchy, only the 3 or 4 were glitchy.

I have FUEL for PC and I am pretty sure it is the same thing as Xbox360, don't really have a clue about the "bad on PC", other than the fact that the game could have been better in the sense of execution. But in terms of achievements and stuff, it's fine. Although I am pretty sure online community is dead on PC.

GORQITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #12
Thorpe

It's dead on Xbox 360 too. Ah well. Got it earlier.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
WogMatt26

II TH3PRO II's Gamercard
This is happening to me aswell! arrgh its aggrevating me, i have won 10 matches online and the achievment pops then disappears, then i get the caution driver achievement and that disappears aswell. PUCK!
WogMatt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
Evil Dobermann

Evil Dobermann's Gamercard
Great. I played this on Pc and 360 and I found out that with great honour was buggy on PC for me. I thought nothing about it and kept playing. I unlocked it again and it stayed after I got any other offline-achievement in the same session. I still need Level 15/30, tourney and Five of your best.

Only way seems to be to get 5 wins along with level 30 and tourney the same session. This could be difficult to manage.
Evil Dobermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 AM   #15
Paul Broughton

Razza69's Gamercard
Anyone got a idea of how to get five of your best achievement to unlock on the 360? I have 18/5 wins and it won't pop!!

Paul Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
Thorpe

Have you cleared your system cache and then tried winning one more? Remember - it's only Pro Tour races that count.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #17
Paul Broughton

Razza69's Gamercard
Quote:
Have you cleared your system cache and then tried winning one more? Remember - it's only Pro Tour races that count.
I've not tried any races since clearing the systems cache or recovering my tag (only fired the game up). I'll give a win a try and hope for the best. I'm only level 11 so I've still got 19 to go for it to pop. I've won 18 pro tour races so far......
Thanks for the reply.

Paul Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #18
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Edit: I finally got them to stick. I messaged Th3 Dude I7 and got a more detailed explanation of what to do to get these achievements to stick and this is what he said.

I asked him what I was doing wrong as when I unlocked a campaign achievement the mp achievements disappeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
the 3 glitched achievements disappear after unlocking. Once you unlock 2 single player achievements (I dont think they have to be at the same time) they will re-appear. If that doesnt work than I dont know what to tell you. This is all I know
Then I told him I unlocked two at once before and they didn't stick and got this response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdougla17 View Post
no, they disappear until you unlock 2 more (try doing 2 at a time and if that doesnt work, unlock 1 more) and then they pop up. If I remember correctly, it actually pops up saying 3 achievements unlocked for ... after the 2 unlock
So today I tried again, but after playing one match I got the 3 glitchy mp achievements to pop. So I went to campaign and started to play. I unlocked an achievement and they disappeared. I continued to play and unlocked two campaign achievements at the same time, for beating some guy and another for beating the time. When these unlocked it popped up saying like 5 for 60G or something like that and they showed up on xbox.com now.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here

Last edited by McDurbin; 08-14-2011 at 02:12 PM.
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #19
JohnnyBravo

dracul rosu's Gamercard
found this game for 3 bucks, but with all thse problems, fuck it