PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Renegade Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
geordiedeviant

geordiedeviant's Gamercard
Best character for the job...

So...who in your books is the best character to use for each mission?

I'm going through my first playthrough and finding (I think) Mission 5 where you race through the towns pretty tough with Armand (I'm about level 32-ish). That particular mission involves a lot of close quarter combat and homing rocket tanks so I guess the girls with the air strike or EMP would be quite handy once upgraded.

Any thoughts?

Oh....great game by the way.

geordiedeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
y2j3r3my

Y2J3r3my's Gamercard
I'm pretty fond of using Diz. Her EMP special makes close quarter combat with multiple enemies a breeze since it takes them out of action for 6-10 seconds depending on your lvl. Give it a try and see what happens.
y2j3r3my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
I've leveled up Roxy (airstrike chick) and Diz (EMP) into the 30's as I've been playing through, I feel they're the two best characters, but they play very differently. Your comment on using the airstrike in CQB is dead on, that's the best use for it and the cooldown becomes pretty managable a few upgrades in. The EMP is amazing because it's basically a pause button for the enemies and with a duration upgrade equipped and some rocket or railgun ammo you can drive in, EMP, cause mass carnage and pick up the drops at your leisure. With Roxy, you have to rush in, call the strike and rush out, or you're in a lot of trouble. She's much less durable, but the airstrike will level *everything* and she seems to have a higher movement speed. It comes down to personal preference between hit and run versus "tanking" the EMP'd enemies. Both are highly effective, but I personally enjoy playing as Roxy as rushing around and dropping bombs is enjoyable for me. Ymmv

Cheers!

Big thanks to jtr1gg3r for the sexy new sig!
70,000GS 26 Oct 2010- RB3 "Hometown Threwdown"
neverendr is offline   Reply With Quote