PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Divinity 2: Ego Draconis
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Darth Bambrox

Darth Bambrox's Gamercard
WARNING: Never buy this $hitty game!

One of, if not THE single worst game I have ever played, glitches everywhere including when you fight you start floating in mid air or start waving your weapons around at thin air while an archer stuns, poisons, runs away, quests that lead to nowhere, cut scenes that barely make sense, autosave feature that never autosaves, total utter shit
Old 03-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
DayV3d

DayV3d's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
- you fight in mid air only when the enemy is big. as in like trying to hit crucial parts instead of the smelly feet like in every other game with bigger mobs...

- archers tend to stun/poison and run away in a lot of other games. would you not as an >ranged< attacker?

- quest lead you quite well to the desired destination, if you are able to read. this is not world of warcraft with big yellow orbs on the map. this is a more traditional rpg

- autosaves are in crucial parts, not after you step trough a door, and another door, and another... besides: manual saves are a must in EVERY rpg, so dont blame the autosave if you are lazy. im just reading between the lines here.

- yes, some cutscenes were quite.. irritating. but that were only two or three. its not like this is the only game that tends to trow trash at players with no further explanation.

divinity is quite an good game, its more sraightforward then oblivion (cpt. obvious here) but its definetly NOT shitty.
the only bad thing is the usage of gamebryo.. what a shame...
Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Delphan Rane

Send a message via AIM to Delphan Rane Send a message via MSN to Delphan Rane

Esphyrian 01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I rather like Divinity II, although I haven't really gotten into yet b/c of other games. But from what I've played so far it's great and what I'd expect from an RPG.

Delphan Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
ThrawnOmega
Shameless Score Whore

ThrawnOmega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Silver   Subscriber - Bronze   PAX Meet 2010   Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I also have enjoyed the game. Playing through it now with the goal of having all 1000 achievement points before The Dragon Knight Saga comes out, then I'm going to play through again for another 1k

Signature by MabusScarab, Avatar by WalterWhite
Gamerscore League XII
Weekly Grand Total: 25,567, 987 achievements
Week 1: 8,447, 276 achievements --- Week 5: 2,460, 111 achievements.
Week 2: 4,495, 158 achievements --- Week 6 + 7: 3,720, 147 achievements
Week 3: 4,225, 177 achievements
Week 4: 2,550, 118 achievements
ThrawnOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
W1cked Seraph

W1cked Seraph's Gamercard
Probably doesn't like it because its "hard" so he is on here flaming it.

" It is said that such a bright light emanates from them that nothing, not even other angelic beings, can look upon them."
W1cked Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
transformer809

MyAssAffect3's Gamercard
i downloaded the demo and stopped playing it as soon as i discover that you need to use RT to jump.

Borderlands 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: RE
transformer809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
The controls are definitely a little odd, but I got used to them. The only problem I've had with the game is it crashing far too often. It's almost always when I go to save, which is even more annoying than usual.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Sentyu

Send a message via MSN to Sentyu Send a message via Yahoo to Sentyu

Sentyu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bambrox View Post
One of, if not THE single worst game I have ever played, glitches everywhere including when you fight you start floating in mid air or start waving your weapons around at thin air while an archer stuns, poisons, runs away, quests that lead to nowhere, cut scenes that barely make sense, autosave feature that never autosaves, total utter shit
Thats why they made Dragon Knight Saga - play that one preferbally for 5 minutes or longer and you might find its alot better and will moan a little less :P

It's not the winning that counts it's the fact that i looked good while doing it!

Sentyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
Darth Bambrox

Darth Bambrox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1cked Seraph View Post
Hard? its so hard I completed it first time out, I stand corrected this game isnt total shit, i just finished Risen, thats far worse
Old 04-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
Marie

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
its frozen on me once,like twice or three times i've jumped into water & the water is gone... lol.i've had the music stop & go a few times but so far thats it.yea its annoying but i love the game & so far glitches havent made me regret getting it altho i HATE the load times,holy crap is that annoying!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
W1cked Seraph

W1cked Seraph's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
its frozen on me once,like twice or three times i've jumped into water & the water is gone... lol.i've had the music stop & go a few times but so far thats it.yea its annoying but i love the game & so far glitches havent made me regret getting it altho i HATE the load times,holy crap is that annoying!
The load times are a bit ridiculous. I have had it freeze once and that was because i was trying to change playlists while it was saving. Other than that it has been bug free. Its a B list game though i dont know why people expect it to be perfect. The budge on it is a lot lower than say Dragon Age II or Final Fantasy.

" It is said that such a bright light emanates from them that nothing, not even other angelic beings, can look upon them."
W1cked Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
Malholio

Malholio's Gamercard
Yea, the load times are a bit long, but the game is still very fun.
Malholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #13
Lukeweizer

Lukeweizer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bambrox View Post
Sounds more like "This game is too hard. Enemies have A.I., it doesn't hold my hand through everything. This game therefore, sucks."
Lukeweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #14
Dangerous Brian

dangerousb2009's Gamercard
Just couldn't get into it. Wouldn't actually say it was the worst game ever, but it was close. Glitchy, very cheap last fight, etc. I only really completed it because I didn't want a uncomplete game that was do-able. Took the thing back and got a full refund (I know a guy in the shop). The worst game ever is Risen, by the way.

I have done many shameful and idiotic things for achievements. I have fullfilled 1000 wishes, COMPLETED Dr. Robotnics MBM, paid 8m for a tour of a bullet, fought the cave glitch (damn Two Worlds), completed the same game 4 times, played Risen. I even paid 12 for Avatar TLA: TBE, played it for 2 mins and traded it back in. And the most shameful thing, I regret nothing!
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeweizer View Post
Sounds more like "This game is too hard. Enemies have A.I., it doesn't hold my hand through everything. This game therefore, sucks."
Pretty much that. I had a good time with both Divinity2 and DKS and can't relate at all to the original poster. The learning curve is steeper than usual and there are areas you can enter without having hope of surviving for long, that seems to be the main gripe for the complainers.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #16
Cattivo

Sin Cattivo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriRock View Post
Pretty much that. I had a good time with both Divinity2 and DKS and can't relate at all to the original poster. The learning curve is steeper than usual and there are areas you can enter without having hope of surviving for long, that seems to be the main gripe for the complainers.
I agree..But i kinda like it..You do have to take time and learn what ya can do and best set up for you.. The going into higher levels i love. I personaly Hate games that hold your hand and only allow you to go so far cause the bad guy will hurt you lol.

It's not the best game or even on par with the top 5 but its a good game i like it and playing it after Skyrim lol. Cost me $10 and ive gotten alot more then $10 enjoyment out of it.

Cattivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
zal zaph

Zal Zaph's Gamercard
To be honest, I bought this game over a year ago, exchanged it for two bargain bin games. Within the first 10 minutes of playing, I had a sudden deja vu of Two Worlds, and how terrible that game was, so I only assumed it would be just as bad, since it shared some terrible characteristics with bad acting, frame rate, etc.

Although, I have to say, what I thought would be a routine achievement run, is turning out to be a quite the adventure. The game really did improve as I progressed, I mean the acting didn't, but whatever.

I'm actually interested in buying the Dragon Knight Saga, if I could get a new set of achievements that is (1000 MORE score, not just the Flames of vengeance).
zal zaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
francisrossi

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zal zaph View Post
I'm actually interested in buying the Dragon Knight Saga, if I could get a new set of achievements that is (1000 MORE score, not just the Flames of vengeance).
The two releases have separate achievement lists:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
Old 06-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
Selphie Nutter

Selphie Nutter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1cked Seraph View Post
More than likely

As for me I love Divinity II it's an amazing game & the humor is just brilliant I'd reconmend it to any RPG lover
Selphie Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #20
matthewstevens03

xqrst2's Gamercard
At first I didn't think I was going to like this game, but about 4 hours in I really started to enjoy it. The humor was great, the graphics were good. Just make sure to do as many side quests as you can to get the xp to level up. This will help you in the end.

matthewstevens03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I bought Divinity 2 about 2 months ago, and have been busy finishing off other games. Started to get into it again today, and gotta say I'm loving it so far. The fact there are no quest markers, or markers that show where anything on the map is, make the map fairly redundant. So having to remember where people and places are have been tough to get used too. But I'm loving it. Hell, I even loved both Two Worlds games. Its not that hard either.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #22
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed this game. Enjoyed it so much in fact, that I plan on eventually picking up The Dragon Knight Saga to stack it with the original. Very fun game that I'd recommend to any fans of RPGs.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #23
freedomxboxplayer

b bay77's Gamercard
This is Awesome.
Yes there may be some crap cutscenes and the controls a bit dodgy.
but in a whole i would give it 8/10.
freedomxboxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #24
ToCliche

to cliche's Gamercard
The game is an home made rpg what do you expect. I thought the game was creaking epic.
ToCliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #25
Voytek

xTMx Voytek's Gamercard
Yeah, It's really not that bad. I've played a lot worse. It's especially good considering how cheap it is!
Voytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #26
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I LOVE this game. 9/10 for me! Although, rpg is my favorite genre, so I may sound a bit biased. I like this significantly more than two worlds 1 and 2. Story, gameplay, rpg level up / abilities system is all fantastic. Once you make a great build that you like, the game becomes much less frustrating and much more fun. I personally created a life leech, bleed, dual wield build that works wonders! I recommend this to rpg fans.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #27
KrazyJayzen

Krazy Jayzen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljoe View Post
I LOVE this game. 9/10 for me! Although, rpg is my favorite genre, so I may sound a bit biased. I like this significantly more than two worlds 1 and 2. Story, gameplay, rpg level up / abilities system is all fantastic. Once you make a great build that you like, the game becomes much less frustrating and much more fun. I personally created a life leech, bleed, dual wield build that works wonders! I recommend this to rpg fans.
I agree. The game is fantastic and jumping off a cliff and transforming into a dragon mid air never got old. The story was told very well, even if the ending was a bit expected and the side quests were a blast.

My only gripe is the controls were a bit weird compared to other RPGs and took some getting used to.
KrazyJayzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #28
SecrtAgentDonut

TeasingStallion's Gamercard
Personally, I think the game's pretty good. Interesting story and good humor to go with. The graphics aren't great, but then again, I don't play RPGs because of the graphics. It could be a bonus, but hardly necessary. 9/10.
SecrtAgentDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #29
Schimpie

Schimpie1312's Gamercard
Still planning to get it someday. Had loads of fun with Divine Divinity om the computer. Reason enough to give this a try, even though it's probably way different.
Schimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:06 AM   #30
dogwitch

dogwitch's Gamercard
this is not a bad game. now magus that is a bad bad game. i broke the game engine. i dont know how.