PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Gunstringer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Quick question regarding the Strings of steel achievement.

I've completed the game on normal difficulty and now I'm going through all the levels on hardcore. I haven't done it all in one sitting yet because I wanted to make sure I could pass them all. I've now managed to pass all the levels on hardcore, including the dragon after about 7-8 tries.

My question is regarding the Strings of steel achievement. I just started the prologue on hardcore and deliberately died just to see what would happen. I thought you were supposed to be booted back to the dashboard, but I wasn't. It just offered me the options of going back to the main menu or restarting the level. Does this only take effect when you start the 1st play proper or what? I'm just curious, that's all, because it's not supposed to give you the option to restart, it's supposed to kick you back to the dashboard. That's the whole point of this achievement isn't it? This may sound stupid, but how does the game differentiate between you just playing a random level on hardcore and you trying to go for the achievement, doing the whole thing in one sitting?! How does it know when to kick you back to the dashboard?!

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!

Last edited by red mist 85; 09-27-2011 at 11:42 AM.
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Despite what Twisted Pixel originally said, it will not boot you to the dashboard. And thank goodness too. Although it has a certain "novelty" to it, with all the loading and cutscenes, rebooting the game would be a hassle.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
red mist 85

red mist 85's Gamercard
Ah, I see. That would explain it. I had a go at getting the strings of steel achievement today and got killed by the lady of the dead. Right at the end! AAAHHH!!! I think I was preoccupied with finishing it. Oh well, I'll have another go tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth!
red mist 85 is offline   Reply With Quote