PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men: Destiny
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements in this thread. The list can be found HERE.

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
dAFKave813

dAFKave813's Gamercard
I dunno about the secret achievements, but the revealed ones seem pretty standard for an action/adventure/rpg type game. Should not be too difficult unless there are some timed or immortal kinda of achievements hidden in there.
dAFKave813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
Sarcastro

BlazingxPaddles's Gamercard
Barring the game playing horrible, the list doesn't look to bad. Definitely two playthroughs.

I'm looking forward to this game.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One slight complaint:

Can I Get A Valkyrie? You were defeated 100 times....0 Pts

Yes, it's zero points, but will still be required for "100% Completion" (see the crappy Superman Returns). I'm guessing this will be a half hour of my life I won't get back, since I won't be dying anywhere near that. It's a cutesy hassle.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Dartaiasen

Dartais Avenva's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
One slight complaint:

Can I Get A Valkyrie? You were defeated 100 times....0 Pts

Yes, it's zero points, but will still be required for "100% Completion" (see the crappy Superman Returns). I'm guessing this will be a half hour of my life I won't get back, since I won't be dying anywhere near that. It's a cutesy hassle.

I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to wrap up. I'm almost done with playthrough #1 (started on hardest difficulty to see if achievements stack), and due to frustrating camera deaths, and enemies ability to damage you during cutscenes when you yourself can't move, I've died more times than I can count already.

Also, be prepared for extremely frustrating boss fights on the hardest difficulty. None are too difficult to beat once you figure out their moveset, but several of them are fought in multiple stages, and a spotty checkpoint system makes you start the fight all over again if you die in a later stage.
Dartaiasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
The Spooky Goat

The Filthy Goat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartaiasen View Post
I'm almost done with playthrough #1 (started on hardest difficulty to see if achievements stack), and due to frustrating camera deaths, and enemies ability to damage you during cutscenes when you yourself can't move, I've died more times than I can count already.
So.... Do they stack?
The Spooky Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
Dartaiasen

Dartais Avenva's Gamercard
Lol, patience man! I made that post like 20 minutes ago. Just beat the final boss and yes, achievements do stack. First playthrough on hardest difficulty yielded 690 achievement points. Would have been more if I was following a collectables guide along with it. Now for wrap-up =D
Dartaiasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Done with a collectible guide and reloading saves after choices I think this could be done in 5-10 hours with a single playthrough. Even if forced to 2 playthroughs, 15 hours at the absolute most with cleanup and such. Too bad too, it is actually quite fun. But I was hoping for A LOT more. I like X-Men way more than Batman, but I guess Arkham City will have to scratch my super hero itch, cause this one isn't going to do it.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
Haff

STABYOULJACKSON's Gamercard
So i just finished my first playthrough, and ended up with 690 points, and i didnt play on the hardest level yet. I died like 3 times the whole time, so i would recommend starting on the hardest level to save yourself a tougher playthrough when gathering achievements. One of the ones i didnt get was triggering the x factor, anyone know how to get that?
Haff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haff View Post
So i just finished my first playthrough, and ended up with 690 points, and i didnt play on the hardest level yet. I died like 3 times the whole time, so i would recommend starting on the hardest level to save yourself a tougher playthrough when gathering achievements. One of the ones i didnt get was triggering the x factor, anyone know how to get that?
You have to equip the same 4 x-genes/suits (suit, power, defense, etc...) of one person. I did it with Colossus and then hit LB and A button? It should trigger then. When you equip the suit of the person it gives instructions on how to do it. Hope that helps
Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just have the last 3 levels to finish on Hard mode tonight. Then grind a few kills and idle my xbox for the 100 times defeated and another completion to throw on the pile
Old 09-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
Haff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
You have to equip the same 4 x-genes/suits (suit, power, defense, etc...) of one person. I did it with Colossus and then hit LB and A button? It should trigger then. When you equip the suit of the person it gives instructions on how to do it. Hope that helps
oh man is that it? i was wearing a full suit for a while and never thought to hit a different button, thanks. The only other big achievement i dont know how to get is the complete all 15 missions. I got the 10, and only lost one challenge that i wasnt able to restart and get, so im hoping thats the 15th, or else i missed one somewhere and have no idea where it is
Old 09-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #13
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There's a useful thread building on the challenges and which mission you'll want to replay to get them: click here. It seems that your faction will outright prevent you from being offered certain missions the first time through, but you won't have to do a full second playthrough.

I'm curious: anyone find it hard to get an "Insane" combo? I'm only just past the Sublime boss fight, so don't know how much easier it will be to keep up a combo; I've seen "Great" and "Awesome", but haven't been aiming for them specifically. I've probably got the wrong power set for it: Density Control is mostly close quarter brawling, and if getting hit ends a combo, I get hit a lot.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've gotten a couple Insane combos, I'm using the Dark Matter power and just X X X Y combo into a Phase Shift into another Phase Shift, that gives it to me if there are enough enemies. The VERY 1st time I got it though I used the RT B power on the way to the roof when you get attacked by all the mutant "Colossus" enemies all straight in front of you in a narrow passageway. (Near the end of the game) I hit RT B and took them all out with that and the cheevo popped.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #15
Haff

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
There's a useful thread building on the challenges and which mission you'll want to replay to get them: click here. It seems that your faction will outright prevent you from being offered certain missions the first time through, but you won't have to do a full second playthrough.

I'm curious: anyone find it hard to get an "Insane" combo? I'm only just past the Sublime boss fight, so don't know how much easier it will be to keep up a combo; I've seen "Great" and "Awesome", but haven't been aiming for them specifically. I've probably got the wrong power set for it: Density Control is mostly close quarter brawling, and if getting hit ends a combo, I get hit a lot.
The only insane combos ive gotten were when i got the ability to turn into that huge rock guy thing lol i call him in and just pound the ground and hit a ton of enemies and ive gotten quite a few insane combos doing that
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 AM   #16
heathkilljoy

heathkilljoy's Gamercard
It's a Secret to Everybody15 Find the U-Men secret lab.

can some one tell me where this one is i cant find it
heathkilljoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #17
Fang Ma Guo Lai

Fang Ma Guo Lai's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathkilljoy View Post
It's a Secret to Everybody15 Find the U-Men secret lab.

can some one tell me where this one is i cant find it
Keep playing the game. It's level 4 or 5. You get the achieve as you progress through the story.
Fang Ma Guo Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #18
heathkilljoy

heathkilljoy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang Ma Guo Lai View Post
Keep playing the game. It's level 4 or 5. You get the achieve as you progress through the story.
that great i beat the game twice now and i didnt get it
heathkilljoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:11 AM   #19
Fang Ma Guo Lai

Quote:
That's odd then. As soon as i smashed through the ground into the base I unlocked it.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
SK8BT

I AM MR DEATH's Gamercard
Quote:

Either the cheevo glitched or you're fibbing. It's a story progressing achievement, bub.
SK8BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
SK8BT

I AM MR DEATH's Gamercard
Can anyone who already has 100% achievements please contribute to my post on where to farm for the "# of kills" achievements, please? Wanna send this game back to gamefly as SOON as possible.
SK8BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #22
HavokAndChaos

HavokAndChaos's Gamercard
Do the kill cheevoes count if you have multiple characters, or does it all have to be done with one character and replay/new game+?
HavokAndChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 AM   #23
Fang Ma Guo Lai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavokAndChaos View Post
Do the kill cheevoes count if you have multiple characters, or does it all have to be done with one character and replay/new game+?
Has to be the same character for kill/collection achievements.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #24
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Anyone know if there are problems unlocking the killing 2000 Purifiers?

I currently have 2314 and no achievement yet.

Edit: Got it at 2388. I wonder why it took forever.

Wow now I have 20 kills on enforcers and the achievement didn't unlock. I wonder if it has something to do with killing with Ultra Power?

2nd EDIT: Okay it unlocked while I was playing the last mission on hard...I was fighting normal enemies, died, and played some more. It just randomly unlocked without me killing any more of that enemy type.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 10-05-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #25
HojgaardJonas

hojgaardjonas's Gamercard
Does anyone else find it wierd, that there's no achievement for collecting all the dossiers(there's one for 15 but there's 24 overall), finding all the x-genes, collecting all suits, destroying all propaganda( you get one for 25 but there's 36 overall) or at least complete all levels 100% (finding everything). What's the point of the collectibles then??
HojgaardJonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #26
frpilot

does anyone know how/where to get the secret achievement "fist of the northstar"

i know you're suppose to save northstar from being mindcontrolled, but i don't know where and how to do it.
frpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
Fang Ma Guo Lai

Quote:
Originally Posted by frpilot View Post
does anyone know how/where to get the secret achievement "fist of the northstar"

i know you're suppose to save northstar from being mindcontrolled, but i don't know where and how to do it.
Play the game joining sides with the X-men. This is story related in the mission after you do the mission where you choose the x-men.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #28
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Anyone know if there are problems unlocking the killing 2000 Purifiers?

I currently have 2314 and no achievement yet.

Edit: Got it at 2388. I wonder why it took forever.

Wow now I have 20 kills on enforcers and the achievement didn't unlock. I wonder if it has something to do with killing with Ultra Power?

2nd EDIT: Okay it unlocked while I was playing the last mission on hard...I was fighting normal enemies, died, and played some more. It just randomly unlocked without me killing any more of that enemy type.
That's strange they unlocked right on que for me. Except for U-Men, which unlocked after 22 kills. I wonder what the problem is?
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote