PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2011
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #31
Tactical Tom

Tommy B BRFC's Gamercard
Here's a Video I've made of the "Robot-Like Consistency" Achievement.

If you would like to add it to the Guide please feel free:

Method and Settings Used (Taken from Video Description):

Main Menu > Grand Prix > Red Bull > Sebastian Vettel

Race Settings:
Participation Level: Long Race Weekend
Race Distance: 1 Lap
Difficulty Level: Easy
Weather Setting: Clear
Press Continue

Then go out to the Track and finish your “Out Lap” by crossing the Start/Finish Line which will start the Lap Timer.

Once the Lap Timer starts, drive your first “Flying Lap” as normal until you get to the Grid Positions on the Start/Finish straight.

As you come towards completing your first “Flying Lap”, slow down when you see the Grid Positions and Stop on the last Grid Slot on the Right, away from the natural Racing Line.

Accurately Line Up in the same position as shown in the Video (at 02:00). You can use the Grid Markings and the Letters of the Melbourne Sign to the right to always find the same Position.

Now wait for the Lap Timer to reach exactly 2 Minutes and Accelerate as hard as possible to the Start/Finish Line.

To Unlock the Robot-Like Consistency Achievement Trophy simply repeat this process for another 4 Laps (5 In Total). If performed correctly, you will Unlock the Achievement Trophy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used an adaptation of the Stopping on the Grid method which has been discussed by several people and was tested and illustrated by Vytenis yesterday.

Instead of Stopping on the Grid Slot Marked "38" like in Vytenis' Method, I used the Grid Position which was closest to the Start/Finish Line to give a shorter distance between the Car and the Finishing Line.

This is more likely to produce more consistent and accurate Lap Times as there is less distance to travel and therefore less variables, like having to turn if the Car is going Off Line.

Last edited by Tactical Tom; 09-24-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Tactical Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #32
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Brilliant Tom, excellent video and explanation. I've linked to your post in the guide. I'll leave it like that for the time being, unless people don't like clicking links? I may post the video just under the link, I will decide in the morning.

Last edited by Shelton; 09-24-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #33
Vytenis

Well Tom its the same strategy as mine but maybe with some fixes and so on but still great for making that video! Cheers!
Vytenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #34
Whiskey Daniels

whiskey daniels's Gamercard
for the slap on the wrist achievement why do you advise this to be done in with someone else?

I had a 15 second lead in the first 3 laps with the AI on easy and was able to serve my penalty and still come out with the lead a few laps later
Whiskey Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #35
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Daniels View Post
for the slap on the wrist achievement why do you advise this to be done in with someone else?

I had a 15 second lead in the first 3 laps with the AI on easy and was able to serve my penalty and still come out with the lead a few laps later
Because there's always the possibility of someone not being able to beat the AI, even on Amateur.

We will add the single player way also, just to be sure.

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #36
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Seriously, only around 15 hours?? And 5/10 Shame really, I think this should have been made pretty hard like the last one. Afterall, F1 is not exactly easy to get into, let alone excel in in real life. Should mirror the challenge.

Great Pole Position video, did you life the audio by Alonso from a different source?
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #37
Master SS x360a
Banned User

X360 GS Legend's Gamercard
Do you think the Hard difficulty cheevo is only 5/10 difficult? I doubt
Master SS x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #38
Vytenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master SS x360a View Post
Do you think the Hard difficulty cheevo is only 5/10 difficult? I doubt
I would even give 3/10 or 4/10

because difficulty glitch from last years F1 2010 works. And I got all singleplayer achievos (820G) in like 7-10hours. So I think those stats are good. Great Guide!
Vytenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #39
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vytenis View Post
Well Tom its the same strategy as mine but maybe with some fixes and so on but still great for making that video! Cheers!
Don't worry mate, he was just explaining your method and providing a video for it. I will post "Thank you's" at the bottom of the guide eventually, so you will all be noted for your contributions to the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
Seriously, only around 15 hours?? And 5/10 Shame really, I think this should have been made pretty hard like the last one. Afterall, F1 is not exactly easy to get into, let alone excel in in real life. Should mirror the challenge.

Great Pole Position video, did you life the audio by Alonso from a different source?
It is a shame indeed. I'm not really sure why they went this direction with the achievements. On track, it couldn't be more different. They've upped the ante in terms of AI dramatically (for the most part).

Hitman provided that video, some impressive driving for sure. I've got no idea how he got Alonso commentating, lol.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #40
Nanbag

Nanbag's Gamercard
i personally dont think the achievements are any harder nor easier, they are just less of a grind. like the level 50 online achievement took me like 6 months to get after release without boosting, this year i will have all the achievements by tomorrow i reckon if i can find a partner for online coop.

then i can finally enjoy the game lol
Nanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #41
o H i T M a N z

o H i T M a N z's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
That video is mine , thats my driving with audio from fernando alonso quali lap from the 2006 turkish gp i believe.
o H i T M a N z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #42
Tactical Tom

Tommy B BRFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks Vytenis.

I used the same methodology as the route you previously suggested and I just thought changing the Grid Position to the Slot closest to the Line would make those people who attempted the Achievement more likely to Unlock it on the first attempt.

I was also finding it slightly difficult to see the numbers marked on the Grid from the Camera Angle that I normally use, so I thought others might have the same problem as I was having.

I was quite fortunate that the Tip I explained in the Video of using the Letters of the Melbourne Sign on the Right hand side to help Line up the Car accurately was a pure lucky coincidence but should also prove to be very useful when players attempt to Unlock the Achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
Brilliant Tom, excellent video and explanation. I've linked to your post in the guide. I'll leave it like that for the time being, unless people don't like clicking links? I may post the video just under the link, I will decide in the morning.
Thanks Shelton.

I hope I've explained it well enough in the Video for anyone who has no previous knowledge of the "Stop On The Grid" method to understand exactly how to get the Achievement unlocked on the first attempt. To be honest, I would prefer the Video to posted in the Achievement Guide as it took quite a long time to Edit together, but it is of course completely down to you and daenius.
Tactical Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #43
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Tom View Post
Thanks Shelton.

I hope I've explained it well enough in the Video for anyone who has no previous knowledge of the "Stop On The Grid" method to understand exactly how to get the Achievement unlocked on the first attempt. To be honest, I would prefer the Video to posted in the Achievement Guide as it took quite a long time to Edit together, but it is of course completely down to you and daenius.
No problem, it's in.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #44
TinyLFC

TinyLFC's Gamercard
Quote:
I would even give 3/10 or 4/10

because difficulty glitch from last years F1 2010 works. And I got all singleplayer achievos (820G) in like 7-10hours. So I think those stats are good. Great Guide!
do you still have to change the settings back before the race ends? you can turn auto save off aswwell
TinyLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #45
XRT

XRT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC2K6 View Post
I have an idea for the "Robot like consistency" achievement.
My idea is to pick a track like say, Montreal, where the lap times are around 1:15, but instead of driving flat out, drive really slowly and basically stop right by the finish line.
Then as the clock approaches 2:00 push yourself over the line. Then repeat again and again until it pops.
It's not precise by any means but may be easier than trying to set blistering laps consecutively.
Exactly how i did this one m8, i used Catalunya and got round in about 1:30 then slowed just before the line. Placed my nose of the car on almost exactly the same part of the finishing line and waited for 1:50 then floored it, took a few goes but got it.

Oh and i did this in Practice mode in my career so the laps i spent pounding round to do this would count towards the 500 miles in practice 'chievo

Hope this helps someone

1000/1000 -- (15)

Sega Mega Drive UC -- Avatar -- Wall-E -- Civilization Revolution -- A-Train HX -- Lego Indiana Jones -- CSI Hard Evidence -- Scene It LCA -- Lost Via Domus -- Open Season -- Call Of Duty 2 -- Fight Night 3 -- Madden NFL 06 -- Fifa 06 RTFWC -- King Kong
XRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #46
JohnnyBravo

dracul rosu's Gamercard
Quote:

Winging It15
Cleanly overtake an opponent while the DRS is activated

DRS (Drag Reduction System) refers to the movable rear wing. In qualifying, you may use DRS as often as you like for an increase in straight line speed. In races, you need to be within a one second gap (to the next driver) when crossing designated points on the tracks. The DRS zone is a white line, going horizontally across the track. If you're within the one second gap when you cross the line, you will see the DRS button in the bottom right corner turn green. This means you can use it. Activate it by pressing and cleanly overtake another car. There is an audible click when you activate it and you will see the DRS button flash. If you brake or press again, DRS will deactivate.

Most circuits have one DRS zone, but a couple, such as Montreal and Monza have two. Be careful when using DRS (especially in qualifying) as you will have severely reduced downforce and thus less grip. Straights are fine. Also, DRS is disabled in the first two laps of a Grand Prix, for two laps after a safety car/restart and completely disabled if the race is wet.

An example of a DRS zone is shown below (Australia):

where
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #47
Boomerang Cat

Can I request that this F1 2011 Achievement Guide be made into a Sticky Thread please.

It's annoying when users have to look around for the Achievment Guide on an Achievements based website.

Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #48
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
where
Is the picture not showing up, or can you not see the lines and writing? Admittedly, white is not an excellent choice of colour, but it corresponds with how it looks on track. The DRS zone in Australia is just before the pit straight. You can then use it down the pit straight if you were within one second at the first line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
Can I request that this F1 2011 Achievement Guide be made into a Sticky Thread please.

It's annoying when users have to look around for the Achievment Guide on an Achievements based website.

In due time, the guide hasn't really slipped off the first page, it's all good. If other people want to write guides, we need to give them a chance. When they see a stickied guide, it discourages them I guess.

As an aside, there are a few things I need to fix up in the guide. Mostly small stuff, but I shall get it all done this weekend.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #49
biggertruck1973

biggertruck1973's Gamercard
my bro just got 1000 gamer score on new f1 2011. was not that hard! iam up to 890 in just 3 days and wont take me long to get the other 2..

Last edited by biggertruck1973; 09-28-2011 at 07:19 PM.
biggertruck1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #50
James Medway

James Medway's Gamercard
Anyone know how to put damage on full without putting the difficulty onto expert?
James Medway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #51
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Medway View Post
Anyone know how to put damage on full without putting the difficulty onto expert?
well, simply set the damage to full and then lower the difficulty level?

Or lower the difficulty level and set the damage to full.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #52
James Medway

James Medway's Gamercard
But wheres the damage option?
James Medway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #53
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Medway View Post
But wheres the damage option?
Ah, gotcha.

You have to press A when on the difficulty setting slider.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #54
JohnnyBravo

dracul rosu's Gamercard
Quote:
Glancing Blow10
With Damage on Full make contact with the wall at Monaco and win the Race

"The Wall" is the right portion of the Monaco track after you come out of the tunnel, right before Nouvelle Chicane, where a number of drivers crashed at the 2011 Monaco race weekend (see video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x71MzWGKZ4
Set up a Grand Prix at Monaco and use any settings you are comfortable with. I would advise you to set rules and flags to reduced, though, as it could help you keeping ahead of the competition by cutting some corners and only getting warnings for it.You will not have to crash out in order to unlock this Achievement. Just touch the wall and drive along it slowly (make sure you slow down before you do, otherwise you WILL crash out) and go on to win the race.
i didnt crash there and still got the achievement; i broke my front wing in the first right after the start line, so i think you must hit any wall from the circuit, doesnt matter which one
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #55
Dar280885

TangerineGamer's Gamercard
Quote:
It's the Driver not the Car25
Win the Drivers' World Championship with two different teams in Career or Co-op

You will be required to either win two Drivers' World Championships in career mode or online Co-op mode, each with a different team.Online Co-op is by far the easier choice, as you will have a friend to back you up and help you out by crashing off the competition.Once you are done with your first season and you win the WDC, start another one and select a different team.

If you consider doing this in career mode, be advised that unless you are a skilled/seasoned driver you will need to wait to get promoted to a better team than the one you are starting out with. After winning your first WDC, you will need to switch teams to win it a second time.

Don't worry though, after winning the WDC you will have enough offers on your table.In any case, make sure to set the A.I. difficulty to Amateur to help you get this Achievement faster
Don't know if this will work for other people, but I got this due to a glitch, here's what I had done:

Won the WDC in my single player career (had started a new season, got a couple of races in)

Won the WDC in my co-op career (hadn't started another season yet)

Went to custom GP 1st race I came second and this popped for me ...

Pretty random series of events and would be easier just to do 2 seasons in single player career than try to replicate it, but just wanted to share to see if anyone else gets this or at the very least highlight a glitch.

Send FR and a message

GT: TangerineGamer

The Premier League was better in Tangerine
Dar280885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #56
RyanP91

RyanP91's Gamercard
Well from that what you pust posted, it would make sence if you got the achievement if you won it single player, then multiplayer, but it popping up in a custom grand prix is really odd lol
RyanP91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #57
Dar280885

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanP91 View Post
Well from that what you pust posted, it would make sence if you got the achievement if you won it single player, then multiplayer, but it popping up in a custom grand prix is really odd lol
I know, proper random! lol

Send FR and a message

Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #58
RyanP91

RyanP91's Gamercard
This may have been covered earlier, but during the co-op season, if you win a race it counts towards the achievement i believe.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #59
Dar280885

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanP91 View Post
This may have been covered earlier, but during the co-op season, if you win a race it counts towards the achievement i believe.
Which achievement?

Send FR and a message

Old 09-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #60
RyanP91

RyanP91's Gamercard
The 10 and 30 race wins, because before i started co-op I had 6 online wins, won at australia and went up to 7 im guessing it will help towards it