PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #31
asphyxiate

pAinLessSuiCide's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Goro is not hard... jump kick for fine... took me 2 or 3 try usually but well. not an hour...

Shang is not hard as well... jump kick works again for him.
Instead of being patronizing and simply saying it's not hard perhaps you could actually offer some pointers? And just saying jump kick isn't much help either. Maybe say when and how to employ the jump kick? Just because you had no trouble doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. I haven't played this game since I was a kid, and even then it was the SNES version, not the arcade version meant to eat up quarters.
asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 AM   #32
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sorry, its just that since its kind of a spam and dosen't require skill, i didn't understand how you could miss it. Basically jump back forward for goro, be sure you can jump kick him then jump back, jump kick again and so on...

Shang Tsung is the other way around, jump til he reach the screen end and jump kick him/uppercut, rinse and repeat...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 AM   #33
asphyxiate

pAinLessSuiCide's Gamercard
No worries, sorry for the aggressive reply, I was just getting aggravated by the bullshit AI. I ended up beating both of them though and kind of figured out what everyone meant by the jump kicks. Previously I was just repeatedly jump kicking in the corner, so it was no wonder I was having trouble.

I used the freeze move followed by an upper-cut with Sub-Zero for Goro and just kept freezing him when he was getting back up. For Shang-Tsung I used Liu-Kang and mixed it up with his flying kick and jump kick. All in all, really not too bad once you know what you are doing. Seems I've become quite rusty since my SNES days. Playing the old ones really gives you an appreciation for how polished MK 9 is.
asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 AM   #34
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
You maybe didn't get rusty, its the arcade version... its way harder than SNES days...

Thing is with jump kick, you got to flip back until you are from a safe distance and then jump kick, work for every characters(may have to retry each character as they get easier when you loose to them... ) but then for Goro its try and see... it may not work every time... but it usually.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #35
PuppyPuncher777

puppypuncher777's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealPavelski View Post
Who is the best to beat Kintaro in MKII? I swear I've been battling him for the past 2 hours and I've yet to win one round!
i finished the game using only kitana, just fan lift and fan throw, but offcourse thats just my opinion
PuppyPuncher777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #36
KashThePriest

KashThePriest's Gamercard
I remember UMK3 on the SNES, a piece of cake but then on then on the 360, I can't get past sub zero on the endurance stage. Any tips anyone?
KashThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
For goro in MK I I used sub zero and kept using his freeze ray and would go up and uppercut goro. Also would keep jumping back to get a good distance from goro and then I would go and kick him. Rinse and repeat and you will get it easily. Patience is the key. Scorpion works good as well but I found sub zero to be a little bit more effective.

153 completed games: 97 retail, 51 arcade
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #38
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Also used the same method for Shang tsung. He was a bitch but I was happy to finally beat him. Just watch out for his fireballs

Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #39
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Here's how my bro did, after I tried a few times to try to find a technique to help him :

Basically, I read somewhere that you can "jump kick" Kintaro then do Kitana's special move to lift him up.

But each time (or near each time) I tried to link the jump kick and the special move, Kintaro did a throw or an uppercut.

Then I tried to find another (better) way to link the special move with a classic move, and found that it work pretty good if you link it with a punch (X button).

So, what is shown in the video is "jump punch" (x button), "special move", "uppercut", "jump punch" (x button), "special move", "uppercut", etc...

If you watch carefully the last round, Kintarou seems to have no reaction (or really only a little ) when he's in the corner with this technique, because he don't seem to react often with an uppercut or a throw. Dunno if it's just a coincidence, or if it's really because he was stuck on the corner.

I hope this video can help a few peoples
Old 09-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #40
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite1 View Post
No mate.I did MK1 on very easy. First time no achievement. 2nd atttempt it unlocked, still on very easy. Its a random glitch that needs patching!
I have yet to see a difference between "normal" and "very easy" I get my @$$ handed to me in the same fashion on both.

Oh, and as far as Shao Kahn on MK3 goes......fuck him. I can't use the freeze/uc tactic because he seems to magically time one of his green energy balls with my ice, so even if I freeze him I get that and an uppercut in exchange for a 25% damage green ball.

Oh, and one last thing....fuck NR. I finally beat Shao Kahn and didn't get my cheev.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Last edited by Drucifer82; 09-23-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #41
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
sub zero in MK 2 i swear the ai learned and applies every cheap move possible
Tell me about it. I tried so many times and just gave up. Pissed me off, just freezes you everytime you try to attack. also, why the fuck is it so hard on VERY EASY?!?!? Like c'mon!!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #42
berserkerninja

beserkerninja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Disreguard.

x360: Beserkerninja

Last edited by berserkerninja; 09-30-2011 at 12:06 AM.
berserkerninja is offline   Reply With Quote