PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

I forgot to reserve posts for extra room and had to create a new guide thread with updated info

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=333109

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.

Last edited by Bobo; 10-03-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
grumpiercloud

Send a message via Skype™ to grumpiercloud

Grumpiercloud's Gamercard
Pretty good guide
I was wondering where those easter eggs were!
grumpiercloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
rookie mistake... forgot to reserve a post for extra room... guide is almost done but i have no room for a roadmap at the top

"Ok brain...I don't like you and you don't like me... but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer S.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Hey, I wrote a detailed guide for the "Total Ranker" achievement. You can add it to the achievement guide if you give me credit .

Total Ranker - 25
Win a 40 online ranked matches across any 3 game modes

All in all there are 5 online game modes available in Worms Ultimate Mayhem:

- Deathmatch

- Survivor
- Homelands
- Statue Defend
- Destruction

In order to unlock this achievement you have to win 40 ranked matches (not 50 as the achievement tile implies) in total across 3 (or more) online modes.

Example: 35 wins in "Statue Defend", 4 wins in "Destruction" and 1 win in "Deathmatch".

You can either try to get 40 wins legit or you can boost. The only problem with boosting is that ranked online matches can't be limited to 2 players / 1vs1. Every lobby has room for 4 players. But as soon as 2 players are in the same lobby a 25 sec. countdown will start. If noone else joins in the meantime the game will start with only 2 players. So I'd suggest boosting in less popular online modes like "Statue Defend" or "Destruction" and leave the lobby if a stranger joins.

For the actual boosting keep in mind that there is no "Surrender" option like in previous Worms-Titles but I can confirm that if Player #1 quits it'll count as win for Player #2. Take turns in winning/quitting until each of you has won 40 times and the achievement will unlock.
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
that's awesome hawaiian! not sure what to do about the space issue right now but i can't add anything to the first post... too many characters... but once i figure it out i will add it and definitely credit you...

by the way... you're katamari from the team17 site right?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
Hawaiian

Dexter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   x360a Representer   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Diamond   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
that's awesome hawaiian! not sure what to do about the space issue right now but i can't add anything to the first post... too many characters... but once i figure it out i will add it and definitely credit you...

by the way... you're katamari from the team17 site right?
Glad I could help. And yes, I'm Katamari .
Concerning the space issue: You can either ask grumpiercloud to delete this 2nd post or you create a new thread (Achievement Guide & Roadmap) with some reserve posts.
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Dannyboy1186

dannyboy1186's Gamercard
I found a quick way to get the 2000 damage achievement.

Create 2 teams with custom weapons (the more damage they do the better) then start a versus game against two of your human controlled team.

Now group all the worms together in a pile and fire the custom weapon at them.

I think it took me 4 games to get it this way.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Myrmidont

Myrmidont's Gamercard
Getting the 2000 damage is easier if you turn on Double Damage from the Wormpot (you can turn on specific settings, FYI), and your custom weapon has Worm Damage turned all the way up. From then on, just blast to your heart's content until it pops. And just to clarify if anyone is wondering, worms that fall into the water from your weapon still count! When I got my achievement, the worm I killed fell into the water after flying high into the air, so all damage still counts as long as your custom weapon is the item used.
Myrmidont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #9
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
thx guys for your tips... i included them in the new guide thread and credited all of you... now how do i go about getting this thread deleted so theres no confusion over which guide to go to

Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 AM   #10
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
If worm damage from falling into the water counts then there's something wrong here, Ive killed at least 50 ppl online at the start of Homelands games by knocking them into the water with my custom weapon. So either online doesnt count, mines glitched or you're wrong. My custom weapon only does about 10 damage initially but I have also done plenty of cumilative damage with this weapon as it is poisonous, Im not even sure whether the poison damage is counting either.

5* GREAT GUIDE BOBO, THANKS
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
Bobo

l3obo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
If worm damage from falling into the water counts then there's something wrong here, Ive killed at least 50 ppl online at the start of Homelands games by knocking them into the water with my custom weapon. So either online doesnt count, mines glitched or you're wrong. My custom weapon only does about 10 damage initially but I have also done plenty of cumilative damage with this weapon as it is poisonous, Im not even sure whether the poison damage is counting either.

thanks dmc... did u create the weapon or are u using the default weapon that they start your team with... that's all i can think of off the top of my head... i'm also positive that it counts drowned worms as 100 damage or whatever health they had anyways, as I was keeping rough track specifically to test that... i would also assume for now that poison damage does not count but i never had my weapon as poisonous

... also i did all of mine online in ranked games while working towards total ranker

Last edited by Bobo; 10-04-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #12
Myrmidont

Myrmidont's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post

I will have to assume poison doesn't count. That's after the weapon is used, so it may not count as damage from the weapon itself. When a worm loses health from falling into the water, that health total isn't added to the count, only the damage it would have tallied up should the worm have avoided the water will be counted. That's what I assume happened for me, as I had Double Damage wormpot settings on, and my achievement popped as I launched the enemy worm straight into the air and into the water, and the damage it would have caused the worm should he have lived was enough for the counter to pop my achievement.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
OK thanks, I have it now anyway, but confirmation will be useful for others who are wondering
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
Myrmidont

Myrmidont's Gamercard
I may be wrong, who knows? I'm making educated guesses based on my experience, but for the most part just blast away and you'll get the achievement regardless :P
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Thank you for the guide.

By the way, is there a reason it is not on the Achievement Guide page?

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote