Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Outland
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Parnic

Parnic's Gamercard
Millionaire achievement

Does anyone know if you have to have earned 1 million doubloons throughout your savegame or if you have to have 1 million on you at once?

I beat the game with a ton of hearts and energy charges and have grinded back up to ~250k doubloons but still don't have the achievement.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You need to have collected 1,000,000 in total. You can check how many you've collected in your book by pressing the back button and hitting right bumper. Once "Total Money" is at 1,000,000, it unlocks.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
Parnic

Parnic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
You need to have collected 1,000,000 in total. You can check how many you've collected in your book by pressing the back button and hitting right bumper. Once "Total Money" is at 1,000,000, it unlocks.
Thanks for the quick answer!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
oldhouse

oldhouse's Gamercard
Any tip on some easy zone where lots of enemies spawn near a save point / map change?

1000G retail: Assassins Creed II - Borderland - Call Of Duty 4 - Darksiders - DiRT 2 - Fifa Street 3 - Gears Of War - Lost - Resident Evil 5 - Skyrim - T: Salvation - WWE Wrestlemania
200G Arcade: DoD, Fez, Monkey Island, Shadow Complex, Trials Evolution, Winterbottom
oldhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
Parnic

Parnic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhouse View Post
Any tip on some easy zone where lots of enemies spawn near a save point / map change?
I like the hidden Jungle zone ("On the Treetops" I think?) because there are tons of enemies in it. The only downside is that there are no checkpoints and exits are on the extremities of the map. So just be careful not to die and there's plenty of cash to be had.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Buff Beefbroth

Buff Beefbroth's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhouse View Post
I've been using City: The City Walls. Lots of enemies between the two exits, and not too much in the way of complex platforming or color changing. Just reach an exit, zone out, and go back in and work your way back through the level.
Buff Beefbroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnic View Post
I like the hidden Jungle zone ("On the Treetops" I think?) because there are tons of enemies in it. The only downside is that there are no checkpoints and exits are on the extremities of the map. So just be careful not to die and there's plenty of cash to be had.
That's the map I was using. It's also good practice for arcade mode, if you're in to that. It was also because I'd been through all the maps the first time around a million times looking for marks, so this one was the least familiar. Only down side is dying with no checkpoint means you lose all your damn money.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
I'm not sure about how the time compares to other methods, but the big batch of Jellyfish where you get the Beam ability seems like a good location. You've got a crystal of energy there, a ton of jellyfish (and bipedal enemies below) with a checkpoint in between the groups. Then just hit the checkpoint, kill yourself somehow and repeat.

It's obviously really tedious though, so I'd probably use the hidden Jungle zone too.

Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
xDamn3Dx

xDamn3Dx's Gamercard

I hope this helps.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
malakra

malakra's Gamercard
Thank goodness that this doesn't refer to the amount of money you currently have on hand!
malakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
Yoda beer

Yoda Beer's Gamercard
Great news!
Yoda beer is offline   Reply With Quote