PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Final Fantasy XI > Wings of the Goddess
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Software2

Software02's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Will there even be achievements for this expansion?

Living in Redmond, I know that SE was quite opposed to achievements on FFXI, and MS let SE walk all over them just to get a Final Fantasy game on the 360. Eventually they added them, but only grudgingly (You want achivements? FINE! Here's a set so impossible that nobody will get them all!)

What I really find interesting is that on the major FFXI forums the general populace (which is primarily PC players) isn't just indifferent to 360 players getting achievements... they're opposed to it! (I can post links to threads attesting to this)

WotG presents an excellent opportunity to add in new achievements not only for beating the expansion storyline, but I believe it's the perfect opportunity to add in some realistic attainable achievements like "Raised a Chocobo". But considering the community's general disdain for achievements, and SE's past hate of achievements, does anyone actually expect new achievements?