|08-26-2011, 12:11 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United States
Achievement Guide & Roadmap
Achievement Guide & Road Map
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
- Offline: 10 (50)
- Online: 0 (0)
- Approximate amount of time to 50: 5+ hours (Depends on Skill)
- Number of missable achievements: Mostly all of them can be missed
- Do cheat codes/Power ups disable achievements: No, only for I Don't Need Those
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes, only The world is safe... for now
- Glitchy achievements: For some people, The world is safe... for now
- Unobtainable achievements: None
(Thanks to William723 for a solution to the glitch and to sanger for the power ups recharge trick)
Step 1 - Classic and Speed Modes
Right when you start up the game just play on the easiest difficulty and work your way up to the harder difficulty's. Easy and beginner modes are pretty easy if you understand the concept of the game. To play you will start with a screen with squares on it, click any of the squares and then numbers and blank squares should replace some areas. The numbers on your screen indicate how many mines are touching that specific square with the number listed. if there is a (1) that means only one mine is touching that square (same goes with any number). The objective of the game is to eliminate the squares until you can identify where the mine is located. Once you complete these modes you should net the The world is safe... for now achievement. And throughout you games you can always net any of the other achievements.
Step 2 - Mop up
You can go for any of the achievements you missed after completeing the world is safe... for now When going for that achievement you should get just about all the other ones just by simply playing. You could have missed Ultimate, Use what now?, serious business, piece of cake. Ultimate would be the most likely one to have missed.
To obtain this achievement you must reach the rank “Ultimate”. The easiest and in my opinion the fastest way to get this achievement is just play on east easy mode (7x7 field) with the experience bonus power up on. The reason for this is because you can complete a game in less then 5 clicks sometimes and you get 60+ points after every game if you use no flags. After You do this for awhile you will get that rank. Depending on how quick you do it.
Happens To Everybody 5
Simply just click on random squares and you will eventually hit a mine.
Use what now? 5
Start up a game on beginner classic mode (9x9), and begin to play. At the bottom of the screen you will see a shovel and a flag icon just don’t use the flag icon though out the game and you will get this achievement. Also just take you time if you have to Classic mode there is no time limit.
Click click BOOM! 5
This achievement can just be obtained by clicking randomly and you will get it soon enough. But if you want to be quicker just click on the screen once and right after that look around the border that was made from you click and find a spot where you know for a fact a mine is located. For example, if there is a (1) and only one box touching that number that is a mine, click on it and the achievement is yours.
Serious Business 5
This is more luck based considering that it’s almost a location that is all surrounded by mines. Refer to The world is safe… for now.
Piece of cake! 5
This can only be done on Classic Easy mode. Simply try and complete the game in less then 5 clicks. Roughly after about 5-10 games won in this mode, this should unlock.
The world is safe… for now 5
- This is the most difficult achievement in the game. For this achievement you have to beat the game in both modes (classic & speed) and on all difficulties. With the easy and beginner modes, you should be able to complete without power ups or very much trouble.
- Once you get to Intermediate difficulty it gets tricky because there are many times where you will have to take a leap of faith and guess where a mine is located even if you’re almost done with the game.
- There is a little helpful trick I stumbled upon when doing these tougher difficulties.
- As soon as you get to a high enough level to get the EMP power up (Uncovers 9 squares and marks mines with flags) you can complete the Classic mode difficulties and you also might get the achievement Serious Business (if not just keep trying on the hardest mode). You will also get Training wheels after beating the hardest classic mode using the EMPs.
- Start up a game and get as far as you can until you get stuck and you have to guess where the mine is located. Once here, use the EMP power to clear the area you are stuck on and continue to use the EMP when you have power up points. (This goes for all classic modes you are stuck on)
- Just right as you use the EMP hit the “BACK” or ”HOME” button on your WP and once you do that, you must wait tell your power up points recharge.
- Once they do just resume game and use the EMP and hit the “BACK” or ”HOME” button again. I do believe you could get this done if you get far enough done (Roughly around 40 to 50% completed) on the game before using power ups.
- Speed modes tend to be a bit more challenging. To complete these, I do believe you can just barley make it if you use the EMP technique I mentioned above.
- Once you finish a your last one and your achievment doesn't pop just play on begginer and when you beat it, it should unlock.
Automatic Recharge for power ups
-There is another helpful trick to let you automatically recharge power up points. To recharge the points all you have to do is go into the settings on your phone and set the time to 2-3 hours in the future and your points will be refilled. Also some people have had this achievement not unlock after completing the requirements but if you just play on beginner speed mode it should unlock.
I don’t need those 5
After you get to rank “Player” simply play a game and do not use power ups. (Player rank is achieved early).
High Five! 5
Difficulty does not effect this achievement. Play on Beginner Speed mode and complete the game as quickly as possible. If you are having troubles wait tell you are a high enough rank to get the power up that makes the clock go slower in speed mode.
Training Wheels 5
Refer to the The world is safe… for now achievement.
Gamer Tag: Sneaky Supreme
Games I'm Working on: Red Faction Guerilla, Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War, Gears of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Fairytale Fights, Magic the Gathering, Resident Evil 5 and Crysis 2
If you would like to help/trade with any of those games just message me on XBL.
Last edited by Jhow; 10-11-2011 at 11:13 PM.
|09-03-2011, 07:19 AM||#2|
Your "The world is safe for now" solution needs paragraph breaks dude... That wall o' text is too hard to read. Also I think adding the point values of the Achievements would be a good idea.
Otherwise, nice job on the guide.
|09-08-2011, 03:16 PM||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2007
I was going for "The world is safe... for now" achievement last night and noticed that using powerups does NOT stop you from getting more time on speed mode, most likely this is because of a patch since you made this guide. But the rest of the guide seemed well done, thanks!
Working on: Borderlands, Portal 2
Message me on Live to work together. (I'm always game for anything Borderlands!)
|09-08-2011, 05:26 PM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2010
|10-06-2011, 09:40 PM||#6|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Just thought I'd add that I had some trouble with the "The World Is Safe...For Now" achievement.
I used an EMP to clear the final mine and although it gave me the win, I didn't get the achievement.
Solution? Play and win another game of any type (I played Beginner on Classic mode) and the achievement will pop.
|10-24-2011, 02:46 AM||#7|
Moderator and Guide Staff
|02-17-2012, 12:57 PM||#8|
Join Date: Jul 2007
They fixed the bug that stopped you from getting more time in speed mode if you went home, that wasn't a feature to stop people from cheating the achievement system, think how many people that play the game for fun be pissed off that they in the middle of the game have something to do go back only to find out they aren't getting more time and fail. Good for them fixing a game breaking bug.
Can a mod remove any now erroneous information pertaining to this issue from the boards?
Last edited by DarkGeneral88; 02-17-2012 at 01:02 PM.
|03-12-2012, 12:42 AM||#9|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 3rd rock
Ultimate is taking forever.. even with the time glitch and using emp to clear the intermediate timed board which nets 687xp per win (with 25% bonus)
100% RPG's: 44
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness
|02-09-2013, 03:08 AM||#11|
Moderator / Spam Killer
This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:
Official x360a.org Minesweeper (WP) Achievement Guide and Roadmap
Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.
We look forward to your future submissions!
Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar!
It's a world of saints and sinners, losers and winners, good and bad, happy and sad
Can't break the spell! I'll be there for you....