Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Talking Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' Guaranteed Orange weapon Achievment Guide

this video will show you how to get all 5 legendary weapons to get the Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' achievement/trophy. i had a lot of problems getting this achievement until i found a way to get legendary (Orange) weapons from a chest Guaranteed every time. there is a lot of confusion about this achievement/trophy. this video is Guaranteed to get you this achievement/trophy and clear up the confusion about this achievement/trophy. just follow the video instruction and you will unlock this achievement/trophy

Last edited by deathmule; 10-07-2011 at 07:23 AM.
deathmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So you have to leave your xbox on for 25 hours to do this
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofay View Post
Or 5 increments of ~5 hours. I never did this, but if this work it'll help a lot of frustrated people.

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #4
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:
yes unless you got a orange weapon from a chest from playing through the game. i didnt get one orange weapon though 3 playthoughs so i had to wait 5 hours per weapon but that beats the hell out of fast traveling to reload chests to hope to get luck. o i did that for 2 hours with out getting one orange weapon with this i just turn on my xbox and wait for my orange weapon
Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #5
Mikeyspinkick

Spinkick 9000's Gamercard
Or just get 5 random weapons to drop, it's not really that hard...hell, I got it done midway through Act 3.

Last edited by Mikeyspinkick; 10-07-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: More Info
Mikeyspinkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wii187 View Post
Or 5 incriments of ~5 hours.
you have to do this. do not wait 25 hours. you have to grab the weapon every 5 hours. 25 hours will not give you 5 orange weapons
Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #7
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmule View Post
you have to do this. do not wait 25 hours. you have to grab the weapon every 5 hours. 25 hours will not give you 5 orange weapons
I think ofay is getting at the hazards of leaving an old xbox on for 25 hours. What I meant in my reply is that it looks like you don't need to get all 5 orange weapons back to back for 25 hours straight. You can wait 5 hours get the orange weapon then shut down if you wanted to and comeback later to do it again.

Wii187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #8
Mikeyspinkick

I just wanna say, as you guys are arguing this fact, I just got a Orange Police Baton. So, guess that makes 8 weapons so far?

Last edited by Mikeyspinkick; 10-07-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Whoops, I'm only Level 40.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyspinkick View Post
I just wanna say, as you guys are arguing this fact, I just got a Orange Police Baton. So, guess that makes 8 weapons so far?
What are you getting at?

To the OP: have you tried it with other characters instead of Purna? Or do you need that jackpot skill for it to work? Reason I'm asking is cause I've been trying to get some level 50 orange weapons and I haven't played through as Purna.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
Mikeyspinkick

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
What are you getting at?
Eh, all I'm getting at is it's easier to play the game and get the items than complain about items not dropping in a thread.

I dunno, I'm thinking too much, I need to not do that...

Old 10-07-2011, 01:17 AM   #11
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Eh, all I'm getting at is it's easier to play the game and get the items than complain about items not dropping in a thread.

Ah I'm with you there. I played with 3 partners and 3 of us got the achievement by the end of Act III. I don't get all the complaining to be honest. I've probably found 15+ orange weapons in total, and I'm playing as Sam B with no skill to increase my odds.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #12
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:

there are people that played the game 3 playthoughs and didnt find one. there are also people that got the achievement in act 2 with no problem. the video is for the unlucky people like me
Old 10-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #13
ofay

Quote:
Maths not your strong suit is it
Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #14
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:
Maths not your strong suit is it
maths?

Last edited by deathmule; 10-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #15
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:
What are you getting at?

To the OP: have you tried it with other characters instead of Purna? Or do you need that jackpot skill for it to work? Reason I'm asking is cause I've been trying to get some level 50 orange weapons and I haven't played through as Purna.
i haven't tried it with the others but you can try it. let me know if it works
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
Davyd

Oh wow, this works. Thanks, I didn't think I would ever be able to get this last achievement.

I used Sam B. for this. I fast traveled to the church and stood on the upper balcony for 5 hours and fast traveled to the bunker.
Davyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #17
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyd View Post
Oh wow, this works. Thanks, I didn't think I would ever be able to get this last achievement.

I used Sam B. for this. I fast traveled to the church and stood on the upper balcony for 5 hours and fast traveled to the bunker.
great news i dont think i was going to get it ether. i had very bad luck with the chests in this game
Old 10-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
Decoy Roctopus

Decoy Doctopus's Gamercard
I'm curious how you determined the necessary 5 hour wait time. Did you trial and error with 1-4 hours and consistently found 5 hours to work?
Decoy Roctopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #19
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
maths?
It could've been a contraction, like "math is not your strong suit is it" or, in case you didn't realize, in Europe it is called "maths"
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
ofay

Quote:
It could've been a contraction, like "math is not your strong suit is it" or, in case you didn't realize, in Europe it is called "maths"
No he is correct, should have been "math is not your strong suit is it good sir" but I tried to make it funnier by using basic Internet lingo of adding an s when not needed since he didn't realize that 5 items with a 5 hour gap each equals 25 hours of your xbox sitting on and doing nothing
Old 10-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #21
grimmr74

grimmr74's Gamercard
Anyone else confirm this works?even once?
grimmr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmr74 View Post
Anyone else confirm this works?even once?
That guy did.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Or just get 5 random weapons to drop, it's not really that hard...hell, I got it done midway through Act 3.
This.

I have found at least 12 orange weapons, both from crates and from dead bodies, either ones already there or people I've killed. I am Sam B and I was level 34-50 when I found them all. Everyone else I know has trouble finding them, but I found them so many times. I found all 5 in the same playthrough with the same exact character, before playthrough 2!

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
deathmule
Banned User

deathmule BM's Gamercard
Quote:
No he is correct, should have been "math is not your strong suit is it good sir" but I tried to make it funnier by using basic Internet lingo of adding an s when not needed since he didn't realize that 5 items with a 5 hour gap each equals 25 hours of your xbox sitting on and doing nothing
did i really need to comfirm to you that 5x5 is 25? but after seeing "maths" maybe i should have
Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #25
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This doesn't seem so practical though, and I also just got this without this method. I think what I'm trying to say is, if you want this be dedicated and go mash some zombie heads in. I understand how this can be helpful, but burning your Xbox for that long, not to mention the cost of running the electricity for that period, just seems impractical.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #26
sho91

sho91's Gamercard
I'm not sure how people can play Dead Island without finding any, unless bad luck or rushing thru the game ???, i found 3 so far still in act 2 level 28 with Logan 1st play thru, I'm a bit of an adventurer and like exploring,i did find 1 that didn't count, "mission from the nun" orange sledge hammer, probably a glitch....
sho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #27
ofay

Quote:
did i really need to comfirm to you that 5x5 is 25? but after seeing "maths" maybe i should have
Roundabout pointing out that while this method may work, it's not the most efficient. And yeah there is probably someone who's gonna read this thread and not realize that it's wait 5 hours for 1 weapon
Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #28
ofay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho91 View Post
I'm not sure how people can play Dead Island without finding any, unless bad luck or rushing thru the game ???, i found 3 so far still in act 2 level 28 with Logan 1st play thru, I'm a bit of an adventurer and like exploring,i did find 1 that didn't count, "mission from the nun" orange sledge hammer, probably a glitch....
That weapon from the nun wasn't looted
Old 10-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #29
MrOssneefer

MrOssSneefer's Gamercard
why all the hate? the op was just trying to help people out. If you already have the achievement, why even look and comment? jeez!

btw: this helped me out. 4 playthroughs and only 1 orange weapon. This method, and I got my needed 4 weapons. Thanks deathmule!
MrOssneefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #30
CelticFan x17

celticfanx17's Gamercard
its weird to me that people are having such a hard time getting orange weapons. there are multiple quests which give you orange weapons as rewards (clearing out the graveyard in moresby for instance, and another one or two in the jungle). with two playthroughs everyone should have this no problem at all.