PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
komodokid77

Komodokid77's Gamercard
True Identity without camera?

Do I need the specific xbox live camera to do the true identity achievement? Can I just use a normal digital camera and plug it into the USB port? Is there any cheaper third party camera? Is there any way I can get a really cheap deal on it if not, and what is gamestop's return policy for used accessories because I will literally have no use of the damn camera after I use it.
Beat PDZ on dark agent
Survived 7 days in Dead Rising
A high score of over 2 mill in Geo Wars 1 (full 200 points)
Beat the Gameboy version of BattleToads (3 years)

komodokid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Juiceh

SuperJuiceh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There is no support for other camera's, except for the Live vision camera. Simply because MS didn't won't allow it, due to more profits or not willing to add support for every webcam on the market. So you'll need to buy a live vision camera, but if it's only for the 30G I wouldn't do it if I were you.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
amusedparrot

amusedparrot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I bought my camera with You're in the Movies (probably the worst game i have ever played) for 15 which I thought was pretty cheap. I wanted it for the achivements on burnout. I will one day finish you're in the movies as well.

I don't know if you are UK but there are some kicking around for about 15 ish with the aformentioned abomination on gaming. Which isn't a bad price, especially as you can max out you're in the movies and get cheevs on other games.

Guess it just depends what you consider to be good value really.

100%
Retail
Hitman: Blood Money, Skate, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed 2, Madden NFL 10, Fable II, Lego Indiana Jones, Assassin's Creed,

100% Arcade
3D Ultra Mini Golf, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, Uno Rush, Kingdom For Keflings

Currently Playing
Skate 2, Forza 2, GoW 2, FIFA 10, Wits and Wagers
amusedparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:46 AM   #4
Bcleal

QcK Dagger HeaT's Gamercard
Buy the camera from gamestop get the achievement take it back and say u didnt like it get the achievement for free

Born March 2010
10k-June 29 2010
20k-Oct. 28th 2010
30k-Feb. 2 2011
40k-Mar. 24 2011
50K-June 18,2011
Gamerscore Completion: (85.02%)
Bcleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Infomouse

Infomouse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Is is possible to use Kinect instead of a vision camera?

"This was a triumph"
Infomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #6
Kerwyn2112

Kerwyn2112's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infomouse View Post
Is is possible to use Kinect instead of a vision camera?
A friend of mine tried, and it didn't work. His Kinect was hooked up and working perfectly, but the game didn't register it as a "Vision Camera." Seems even though we all spent $150 on Kinect, we still have to spend more to get a 30 point achievement in Vegas.
Kerwyn2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
TheMuffin

o TheMuffin o's Gamercard
Maybe we should set up a "Pass the Camera" initiative. Someone with one gets a list of people who need the achievement. Get them in a good circular order in the US and then just ship it to the first person with tracking. That person gets their achievement and ships it to the next person. So on and so on. Granted I don't know how trustworthy people are here.
TheMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffin View Post
Maybe we should set up a "Pass the Camera" initiative. Someone with one gets a list of people who need the achievement. Get them in a good circular order in the US and then just ship it to the first person with tracking. That person gets their achievement and ships it to the next person. So on and so on. Granted I don't know how trustworthy people are here.
The shipping would kill you. If you're buying anything from amazon, You're in the Movies is $12.99 ($9.00 + $3.99 shipping).

http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Movies-X...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1

The only way you could get away with passing a camera around is knowing people in your city. With the cost of gas, any farther than an hour is gonna cost more in travel than the camera is worth.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
TheMuffin

You misunderstand me. I mean for a person who already owns the camera could ship it to the first person through parcel through $2 or so. That person gets the camera, takes their pictures and then spends the couple bucks to ship the camera to the next person on the list. Eventually it goes around and get's delivered back to the original owner of the camera. I've done this with other sites before and it worked nicely. Well once, their was a douchebag who tried to keep the item. But the guy who shipped it, lived an hour away, drove there and set him straight.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
For some reason, I think the envelope would cost $2. What shipping service do you use? USPS would cost me $5 to ship something locally (same city) via flat rate large envelope. For an 8 ounce large envelope it would cost over $10.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
TheMuffin

Shipping flat rate would be foolish. Even priority is cheaper then that crap unless you're shipping bricks. A small 2x2x4 box is more than enough to ship the vision camera and USPS parcel post could ship it for $2-$4. Not to mention that you keep using the same box. When the next person ships it they just print up the label, tape it on and ship it.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
zao89

zao89's Gamercard
Anyone actually want to do this?
zao89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
PAC0 IS ME

Send a message via Skype™ to PAC0 IS ME

PACO IS ME's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I guess the idea just died? because i would definitely do this, its like $10 shipping and maybe everyone can help each other with master of ceremonies?

Thanks to Kel555222 for the Sweet Sig!

Check out my gaming blog! go-get-good.tumblr.com
PAC0 IS ME is offline   Reply With Quote