PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
Drunken Deity

Drunken Deity's Gamercard
So looking at the strat guide, I'm thinking the minimum number of playthroughs...

...is 3 (all with the same character via 2 new game+ run throughs). I came to this conclusion based on the rare weapons achievement requiring 3 different weapons (technically 2 swords and a shield) to be made using Sif's Soul. Can anyone confirm this is true? I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm already getting nervous about NG+ since it ramps up the difficulty (quite a bit, I've read) with each successive play through.
Drunken Deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
tidus9605605

Omega Mk10's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Deity View Post
...is 3 (all with the same character via 2 new game+ run throughs). I came to this conclusion based on the rare weapons achievement requiring 3 different weapons (technically 2 swords and a shield) to be made using Sif's Soul. Can anyone confirm this is true? I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but I'm already getting nervous about NG+ since it ramps up the difficulty (quite a bit, I've read) with each successive play through.
Could you go more in depth as far as forging said rare weapons? I might be able to help out if I knew the entire process.

tidus9605605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yes, I believe you are correct. Three is what I had counted as well.

Also, from what I've read, the difficulty really ramps up on the first NG+, but subsequent playthroughs see a smaller increase. I think NG6 (if you play that many times) is the final difficulty increase.

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Deity View Post
2 1/2 according to an individual over on PS3trophies who has the platinum trophy.

And the way the book words the achievements, makes it seem like items count across different characters.
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
2 1/2 would be right.

You need Sif's soul 3 times to make the three rares from him.