PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Guitar LInc0ln

Guitar LInc0ln's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
German pc gamers watch out!!!!!

Yeah I know that this forum is actually for XBox 360 users and their games. But as this game has Games for Windows LIVE and I could also collect achievements, I guess this is absolutely ok (for all those of you who might say: Dude you are in the wrong forum).

Today madness has reached a new level, in a dimension of stupidity and impudence I could never imagine!

As it seems so far (even if THIS screenshot is showing the steam version) you can not even activate your game on your GfWL account if you have a German IP address (or an ip adrdress which is attributed to Germany). A big Austrian seller of uncut retail games also mentions this and is also recommending, that an external program should be used to fake the ip address to activate the game.

Well, I have to say that faking anything is not an option for me (and I don't make any advertise or have the intetion for others to do so), but I think it's the worst thing I've ever seen that I can not play a game I bought the way it was meant to be played. I have no idea what made Capcom act and think like this, but it's a kick in the arse for all people in Germany (yeah I know dear Xbox 360 users, YOU don't have that problem, but that's not my point currently, I just want to warn every possible buyer of the PC version and to be aware of this problem).

Today censorship has reached a level beyond my imagination and beyond my toleration. It's ok if they don't sell this game in Germany and I would've to import it, but wtf!? Not even letting me activate my legit copy?? Honestly: FU Capcom. This is for sure the last time I've EVER spend my f*cking money on any of your s*hit games!

PS: I guess when word spread and more people know about this Capcom may (I don't believe if it either, but maybe the may) give an official statement about the why.

HERE'S THE LINK (FOR EVERYONE WHO DIDN'T FIND IT ABOVE)

ANOTHER SOURCE CONFIRMS THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH (IN GERMAN)

Last edited by Guitar LInc0ln; 10-11-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Warning innocent people
Guitar LInc0ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
BOBtheMASTER

BOBtheMASTER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Wow... Censorship like this pisses me off.
BOBtheMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Dude don't blame CAPCOM, they just sick and tired of German restrictions, you know better than that. So blame our frigging country not them. But I feel you and can totally understand that this bothers you, gotta luv this sentence though:

Notice: Capcom requires that this game will NOT install or update when connecting from an IP address attributed to Germany.

LMAO what a joke ey!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
Guitar LInc0ln

Guitar LInc0ln's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Dude don't blame CAPCOM, they just sick and tired of German restrictions, you know better than that. So blame our frigging country not them.
No way I won't blame CAPCOM here.

There have always been restrictions for PC Gamers that XBox gamers don't even know of. In most cases a 18+ game simply comes out here(cut or uncut doesn't really matter at this point). Then it's up to you as a buyer if you decide to buy either the German version of a game or import it from Austria/UK/America.

That's how it usually works (for both pc and XBox gamers). Then there have been 3 games I've heard of so far where simply buying an import version won't work for pc gamers: Saints Row 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. These games require steam and the publishers have chosen, that only the German versions of these games can be activated from users in Germany. The simply solution to get the uncut version was asking steam friends outside Germany to gift them the game.

But this time, with Capcom's new strike against German pc gamers shit has really hit the fan: A gift from a friend outside Germany won't work, because they won't allow you to activate your game on GfWL if you have an ip address attributed to Germany!

And no JuSt BLaZe, I will NOT blame the German government for this shit. All the German gov. can do is simply not let Capcom release the game here, that's it! There has ALWAYS (for EVERY game) been the option to import it. There's only one to blame for that hard restriction, and that's absolutely CAP f*cking COM.

PS: The USK (the German PEGI) did never even get this game for testings, CAPCOM expected it not be get a rating (which it sure would never get), but there still would have been the option to import it and play it! And they really wonder why more and more pc gamers start to pirate games?? Well wonder no longer CAPCOM, you've really done your bit.

Last edited by Guitar LInc0ln; 10-12-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Guitar LInc0ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Yeah alright I see you point there now Guitar LInc0ln, oh well.