PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Burnout CRASH!
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Linkinito

Burnout Crash All-Star Guide

30 Burnout Crash All-Star

Obtain all 270 stars.

Yep, that's right. Obtaining 270 stars, that means you must get 5 stars in all the 54 challenges on the game. And it's clearly not that easy. However, I'm currently doing a video guide to get all these stars. The videos are in French and done on PS3, but the game is strictly the same on both platforms, if we except Kinect support. I'm from PS3T, but I thought it would be great to share the same guide on the sister site as I make it.

Work in progress: 9/54 challenges uploaded
9 challenges to encode and upload, 36 challenges to do
(I didn't get all 270 stars yet! I'm far from getting them all, I'm doing videos as I get them!)

I'm going to use the Takedown 4x4 for each challenge, as it's the starting car and it's the most balanced of them all, with a good Crashbreaker power, and a decent Aftertouch control.

Here's some basics:
- You are not forced to get the 5 stars in one game. You can go for the $50 million in one game, trying to get the Special Feature in another, and focusing on the last objective in another game.
- In Road Trip mode, you have four common objectives: $50 million in damage (dispatched in 3 objectives), the Special Feature, and one variable objective.
- In Rush Hour mode, you must get $50 million in 90 seconds, and two other objectives that are variable. You can let escape as many cars as you want, so you can focus on buildings, high-value cars and secondary objectives, as traffic cars crash into each other.
- In Pile-Up mode, you must get $100 million in damage, one objective concerning Inferno mode, and one variable objective. High value cars and buildings will be your main moneymakers on this mode.
- Try to destroy at least 10 objects in a row at the start to get at least a 10x Destruction Chain. It will give you $5 million. But sometimes you won't get more than 6x, 7x (it's $1 million after 6x). It's a bonus you shouldn't miss, especially in Road Trip.

I managed to get $75 million, thanks to the $17 million given by the two money trucks (I also get a trophy for getting $9 million from a money truck), and another $17 million from the Tornado with a 100% power.

I barely got $50 million, but I got every objective done. It's possible to do much better with a better bonus from the pizza truck.

It was a good try overall, and in this mode, blowing up all sport cars with a 5x multiplier, gives you $45 million, and the gold car gives you $30 million (and a trophy). You can see me getting it. The key for it is to not miss any car, then trying to focus on the high value cars and buildings by maintaining some fires around.

It was a good attempt. I did better games, but I didn't manage to get the Gold Car, which is an objective. I could have done better by letting go less cars, as the Tornado has only 40% Power. Anyway, I reached $50 million before the Tornado so I was golden.

A very good and lucky attempt, as I get all three sport cars and both pizza trucks. Sometimes the second pizza truck don't spawn, or I missed it by pure badluck. Anyway, if you struggle to get everything in one go, just spread the stars on multiple games.

I got it mostly because of the big crashbreakers, the sport car, and the Gold Car. Like every Pile-Up challenge, getting a x5 multiplier and blowing up buildings and high-value cars (Sport and Gold), and doing Skillshots with crashbreakers, are the big part of your money.

Wasn't a very good attempt. I let escape 3 traffic cars, only 40% Power for the Tornado, fortunately I managed to go over $50 million thanks to the City Hall at the end. If you see closely, I try to damage the City Hall as much as possible so the Tornado can destory it, even at 40%.

I could have got the (B) Did You Let One Go? trophy as I let escape the Oil Tanker, but I already got it earlier.

It was a decent attempt, with a pretty nice final. Even if I missed the 2 Pizza Trucks, the good Crashbreaker at the end made me cross the $50 million mark before the final explosion, which I used to destroy the City Hall to get the last star.

It didn't started well, and I thought I wouldn't get it. I didn't blow the Gold Car, however, it seemed that respawning by falling into the hole locked the Inferno mode, and this permitted me to blow up other cars and buildings that led me to $100 million.

Last edited by Linkinito; 09-23-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Linkinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sweet. Not in English though?

If you want you can use my Windrush & 3rd - Rush hour 5 star

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
Linkinito

Yep, not in English as I'm French, and well, lazy to change the language, it's mostly for the content.

I might use your video for the guide, as you also get an achievement in it (27x explosion combo ftw).
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That would be sweet, well yea the language doesn't matter really. Just have to watch (Agreed 27x combo ftw)

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
Linkinito

Well, I managed to get a 28x combo on another Rush Hour crash, on Skywing & 1st if I remember correctly.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Hanzo Zer0

Hanzo Zer0's Gamercard
Good guide.
Hanzo Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm currently writing the achievement guide for the game and just wanted to ask, if I could link to this awesome thread?

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Linkinito

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0cke89 View Post
I'm currently writing the achievement guide for the game and just wanted to ask, if I could link to this awesome thread?
Of course
Anyway, I didn't upload the 9 challenges that I completed on Skywing, because of three things:
B.F.3.

Sorry. ^^
Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
I've found if I aim for the situational objectives, many times I'll have done well enough to trigger stars for the money objectives. That may help people save some time. But like any Burnout game, this will consume entire portions of your life.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote