PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5 > Desperate Escape
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
anyone beaten this solo on professional

Someone i was playing with quit midway so i carried on with the ai and am on the last section now before the final timed section

anyone have tips for this timed section on professional and maybe tips on how to do it with the ai
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
nvm i managed it. for anyone interested if you climb up the middle ladder and run around to the back and stand by the metal tower they mainly try to climb up from the left. after the first mini boss character spawns a rocket guy cuts off people coming from the right and more often than not kills half of them also 1 hitting the bugs/chaingun etc people

took a few attempts but was fairly simple.
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
circus1776

circus1776's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
This sounds like a solid strategy but a few parts I'm not sure if I know what you mean. Any way you could clarify with more detail? I'd love to know XD since Professional on this DLC is ridiculous

circus1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
StW

I StW I's Gamercard
Finally....finally I have completed it lmao. Buddy and I tried for a bit something messed up and disconnected him but since I was host, I could continue. Kept and kept trying, on the verge of screaming lmfao. Jill died at 6 seconds left one time. Then like 2 games after that I finally did it. Total time was 2 hours and 33 minutes.
StW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Jay_Tigran

Jay Tigran's Gamercard
I cant beat this on Pro Solo to save my life......
Old 09-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
omni

i just got the dlc and did it today. took i think three tries.

i just kept running to the ladder in the back where you start the room. going up and across when they start to get to close jump on the box then run to the ladder on the backside of the crate. follow it to the corner of the building and when the big characters or bugs get up there hop off and back to the beginning ladder. i used my rocket on the chaingun guy as soon as he showed up and was good the rest of the time.
omni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #7
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
took me quite a while with tons of tantrums and stupid mistakes I did.

it is possible to do it solo as long as you know the pattern and spam that retries just to save time and health.

last part will always be a bitch and since this time was minigun and chainsaw, i didn't bother killing chainsaw but kill the minigun instead as they're the annoying ones.

oh yeah, and make sure your a.i. always stay close or can catch you up instead of stuck in one point, else best to retry it again

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChArG1nMaLAZ0R View Post
nvm i managed it. for anyone interested if you climb up the middle ladder and run around to the back and stand by the metal tower they mainly try to climb up from the left. after the first mini boss character spawns a rocket guy cuts off people coming from the right and more often than not kills half of them also 1 hitting the bugs/chaingun etc people

took a few attempts but was fairly simple.
This is what I did as well. And finished the game with a spare rocket launcher.

Note that this only works if you have base manjini as opponents. With the town manjini set there's no rocket guy, but a crossbower, IIRC.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

Last edited by TriRock; 10-09-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Mixed up the manjinis.
TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
Askeroth

It was certainly frustrating, but it wasnít impossible. I found a video guide online where a guy got through on professional, with Josh controlled by the AI, without even taking any damage. Granted, I took a lot of damage and I died numerous times at the end, but I ultimately beat it. I ran into the room right at the start, threw a grenade and then grabbed the machine gun ammo. I then climbed the ladder near the elevator and stayed on there until the executioner arrived, whom I prompty shot six times with a magnum and killed him.

I held that position, using my machine gun to blast away the normal enemies, until the giant bug thing came down. Pardon my lack of terminology; itís been ages since I played the game properly and only played it again today to get that damn achievement. I then threw my two remaining grenades at it, jumped down, and kept blowing up the explosive tanks in order to damage it. It ultimately died and another executioner showed up, but at that point, all I had to do was race around the mapís parameter until the final few minutes ran out.
Askeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #10
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
There are so many ways to go about completing DE. I watched that video as well that is mainly a speedrun. I used most of that strategy along with another video I saw that the guy killed almost every enemy and that one helped as well because I got to see exactly where everything is and how the enemies spawn.

I just completed this on Pro in Solo, mainly with the help of that 2-part speedrun video you mentioned (well I'm sure it's the same one I've seen):

Here is a link to the other video that helped me, that does pretty much the opposite. The guy who made the video seems pretty good at the game, and he takes his time and kills a good deal of the enemies. So it's useful to see where the enemies spawn and where the mini-bosses will show up, also where ammunition and some of the good weapons are located. The second video series is 6 parts:
Old 12-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
wow. i've just beat it on pro solo. i still have the adrenalin rush.
took me some hours and tries before i got it. i tried with town manjini so it is easier to reach the end but i was always raped by the gatling gun manjini.
so i painfully played thruogh again with base manjini, i wanted to try the rocket launcher trick (when u camp at the tower and a rocket guy does the work for you) and when i finally reach the end it gives town manjini...
lucky for me, i saved a rocket launcher. that ugly gatling gun guy got it into his face right after stepping out of the elevator. after that just threw some nades and shoot here and there until the timer run out
some tips if you plan to play it solo:
- take the gun from your buddy, he is just wasting ammo. with this trick he had 200 handgun bullets in the end, which came handy.
- try to get a magnum and a rocket launcher and keep them to the end
- run like hell to the next checkpoint and restart after you reached it
- after the lots of rocket launcher towers, where two rocket launcher guy waits for you: run back to the closest tower, the bug (if you have that) will come after you: you can kill it with the rocket launcher tower. after you can go back to a little building where are plenty of ammo, and a gun. give that to your buddy
- after that just run through everything, open the door for him, and you are at the last scene (the 7:30)
- here you should give back the pistol, reload, grab everything you can (even the 3 grenades from the top of the containers) before you trigger the cutscene, so you have a nice checkpoint with every gun full and reloaded.

hope it helped

Last edited by psybOltOn; 04-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #12
Deaf_Paradox

Deaf Paradox's Gamercard
The no damage video guide helped me a ton, managed to do the end after 3 tries. Took me 40 minutes in total. Never once found the Magnum lmao. But had the starting Uzi and grabbed the Rocket Launcher.

Guess I was quite lucky as I spawned the Gatling boss first and just kneecapped him and kick above the elevator. Downed him in 10seconds, after that just stayed there while a bomb manjini kept bombing most of the guys trying to climb up to me.

Next boss was 2 chainsaw fellas, pull the RL out and blasted one to oblivion straight away and just led the other one around in circles while trying to kill him with all the canisters lying about. Unlike the video though I took a ton of damage but had 3 first aid sprays given to my AI. Always seemed to pull them out just at the right time.

Never Forgive & Never Forget!
Deaf_Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #13
WilRonward

ForGreatJustice's Gamercard
Did it!

Damn it really felt like a really desperate escape!!

Advices given in this thread really helped, thanks to everyone.

Anyway, here is my share of experience:
- I seemed to get totally random sets of ennemies... First area = Base > Second = Base > Third = Town > Stand off = Base?!
- Killed everything in the first area. Loot! (Got Sniper)
- Learn where and when things spawn... like the 2 rocket guys that come out when you open the first door for Josh...? Well they spawn before you get to the door, so slowly moonwalk to the door and throw them a grenade if you have one or be quick on the trigger
- Grenades + Melee the Gatling dude, try to loot the little room before you leave. (Got a Shotgun)
- In the huge area with the rocket towers, just desperately run like hell!!
- Only stopped to loot the shotgun + ammo in the little building before you cross the bridge to the last rocket-tower. Didn't remember where I could get any other weapon (didn't play this in a long time :/)

- Last stand (base) = I was left with two shotguns with total of ~40 rounds, shitload of pistols ammo, a sniper with ~20 rounds, no spare health item but both characters on full health (Josh ran to the only 1st aid spray of the area and used it right away...). So I was well prepared, only thing missing was a rocket launcher for the sub-boss.
- As suggested by someone else: take your time before you trigger the check point and have everything prepared, cause you are going to try again a lot!!
- I went straight to upper ground on the roof of the building that is closest to the helipad (with a tower, and a hole on the floor). Killing every majini that got up close and personal until the two rifles dudes spawned (still don't know what triggers them, if it's after you killed a set number of majini or not...?!). They usually spawned around the same time as the red executionner. Sniepd them, tried to get some shots at that red spiky bastard...
-From here on, it was running in circles between that place and the opposite site of the map. Sometimes I would throw a grenade here and there, around explosives, to try and damage the executionner. He didn't die before there was 2 minutes left though. Didn't kill the reaper.
Just be sure you KNOW where thy are before moving. The bosses are quite slow, make specific noise (reaper) or have a fire axe that pretty much says "HEY LOOK I'M HERE!!1111" so it should be easy to keep track of them.
Get yourself a route from a point A to point B and stick to it. Stop on the higher ground to shoot/grenade at majinis that are down, then run again when you see the bosses are getting up. Do not stop for anything in between. Don't be afraid to change your route if... well the only reason would be if you bump into a boss. It will happen. Don't try to tell him to get out of the way. I did. I died. Just keep track of them and take another route!

And finally my best advice: do NOT expect Josh to do anything. The number of times I thought "Ok there is just one dude that is 10 meters away, I'll realod my gun now and Josh should kill him, I gave him a f***king shotgun!"... Oh man... The pain of his stupidity...
Looking at Josh taking his aim, not shooting until the guy is right in his face, then suddenly aiming at the ground... and not shoot... so painfull.
One of the most difficult thing is to expect the AI to be stupid, and foresee it.
He will run around the map randomly to pick up stuff... He will get incapped at the other side of the map by the only majini left alive when you have 30 seconds on the clock and killed both mini-boss...

Get lucky with AI, and hopefully you'll make it too.

Last edited by WilRonward; 04-11-2011 at 06:51 AM.
WilRonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #14
Juri Han

S I N Juri Han's Gamercard
I beat it solo twice, not easy but I found an area that glitches the finale.
Juri Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #15
Fester

Finally did it. I don't know how many times I had to restart for the key to be in the safe. Josh(ai) would die with about 15 sec left.

Good vid. Helps tremendously. I did go back and grab the goodies though.
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #16
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
3 hours of hell...doing this shit solo.....i should be given a medal for completing this and assassins creed brotherhood 100% sync achievements....both are hard....

anyways....i juss used the pussy tactics....let jill shoot the bad guys while i run in circles lmao...

and other areas like the two rockets where u have to unlock the door for josh....i let the enemies spawn.....run all the way back to the bridge and take them out....

i had two rocket launchers and 3 first aid sprays at the end.....

the part where one guy mentioned going up by that metal pole so the rocket launcher dude kills everyone works EXTREMELY well since i did that ending in one try....juss launched the guy with a giant axe to hell with a rocket....

i (josh) used the shotgun sniper and pistol and let jill use the machine guy...yes im that cheap...i didn't even use grenades except on that majini with a ball on head with a lung on his side that you have to shoot to make it open up.....and also on that long leech thingy when u shoot a guys head off.....

probably useless tips but hope it helps at least one human being
JSP 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #17
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
i also forgot to say when there was like 10 seconds left....that guy with the megaphone got shot with a rocket and that leech thingy came out of his head...so i got scared and jumped down....5 seconds left i got hit with a rocket and it says DYING! my heart started pounding away hardcore....but i made it and juss looked at the floor and took a huge breath...almost a huge shit too.....but yea.....im happy i got this over with
JSP 16 is offline   Reply With Quote