Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #61
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
They are right on the maps? lol That's funny.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:12 AM   #62
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
sorry it took a while to make corrections on some things, but i hope they have been fixed.

GUIDES:
Alice: Madness Returns (Ach, Col)
Arcania Gothic 4 Recipies
Armored Core: For Answer Complete Guide
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collectables
Dark Souls Achievement Guide
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
II OE II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #63
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
White Titanite Chunk's can be farmed off the Bone Towers in Tomb of Giants. There's quite a few near the Bonfire next to where you saw Patches. The area where you fought those two dudes for Rhea. They have extremely low HP, anything hitting above 300 should one shot them, though they are really aggressive so best to use shield and 1H.

And you can get a White Titanite Slab in the area before you fight Nito.

Blue Titanite Chunk can be farmed on Blue Crystal Golems in the area between Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave.

Blue Titanite Slab can be dropped by Crystal Butterflies in Crystal cave, though it's really rare, but there is one you can pick up in Duke's Archives.

Red Titanite Chunk is drop'd by Chaos Eaters in the pit of Lost Izalith, no bonfire nearby so use Homeward Bones.

Red Titanite Slab can also be drop'd by Chaos Eaters, and it's really rare. It is said one can be found in Lost Izalith, no idea where though. You can get one by giving Hawk Girl a Pyromancy Flame and she'll give you a Chunk or Slab.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #64
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slane View Post
White Titanite Chunk's can be farmed off the Bone Towers in Tomb of Giants. There's quite a few near the Bonfire next to where you saw Patches. The area where you fought those two dudes for Rhea. They have extremely low HP, anything hitting above 300 should one shot them, though they are really aggressive so best to use shield and 1H.

And you can get a White Titanite Slab in the area before you fight Nito.

Blue Titanite Chunk can be farmed on Blue Crystal Golems in the area between Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave.

Blue Titanite Slab can be dropped by Crystal Butterflies in Crystal cave, though it's really rare, but there is one you can pick up in Duke's Archives.

Red Titanite Chunk is drop'd by Chaos Eaters in the pit of Lost Izalith, no bonfire nearby so use Homeward Bones.

Red Titanite Slab can also be drop'd by Chaos Eaters, and it's really rare. It is said one can be found in Lost Izalith, no idea where though. You can get one by giving Hawk Girl a Pyromancy Flame and she'll give you a Chunk or Slab.

thanks much will add to guide

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 10-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #65
Slane

Send a message via AIM to Slane

madslane's Gamercard

You may want to add if you plan on farming for the remaining 4 Eyes Of Death, the 3 Frogs in Great Hollow have a much better drop rate. Spent over an hour in Sewers to get 1 and got the other 3 in 20~ minutes at Great Hollow. Both areas done with 410 Item Discovery.

And strategy for Dark Sun Gwyndolin is to stay close. Use shield to block physical attacks, if it's magic roll through 'em to keep moving towards him. He has no close range attacks so when you do get up close and personal go 2H and hit him as much as you can. He'll teleport away, rinse and repeat. Don't use range attacks as he is faster and they hurt alot more than yours.

And add to Rhea after you complete Tomb of Giants, if you don't immediately go to her in Undead Parish, Petrus will kill her.

Last edited by Slane; 10-14-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Slane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #66
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slane View Post
You may want to add if you plan on farming for the remaining 4 Eyes Of Death, the 3 Frogs in Great Hollow have a much better drop rate. Spent over an hour in Sewers to get 1 and got the other 3 in 20~ minutes at Great Hollow. Both areas done with 410 Item Discovery.
I guess it is luck. I got 5 in about 30 minutes in the sewers.
Echilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:41 AM   #67
texasgoldrush

Can you guys make a more specific roadmap or an achievement planner for each playthrough?

Even with this guide, planning to get 1000 effieciently is very confusing as there is so much contradiction. What tod o or not to do in what order. Especially make a guide for gamers that don't go online.
texasgoldrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #68
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldrush View Post
Can you guys make a more specific roadmap or an achievement planner for each playthrough?

Even with this guide, planning to get 1000 effieciently is very confusing as there is so much contradiction. What tod o or not to do in what order. Especially make a guide for gamers that don't go online.

i will try and do a more planned road map.

Though on the same note. It is rather hard to list a fully directed roadmap as you have options on where to explore and certain events happen under certain circumstances. Don't forget that you can always go to New Game+ or if its an easy achievement, build a new character.

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases

Last edited by II OE II; 10-14-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 AM   #69
texasgoldrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by II OE II View Post
i will try and do a more planned road map.

Though on the same note. It is rather hard to list a fully directed roadmap as you have options on where to explore and certain events happen under certain circumstances. Don't forget that you can always go to New Game+ or if its an easy achievement, build a new character.
Can you list the options for the more planned road map? All the event triggers? All the contradictory elements such as destroying the Gravelord or joining his covenant?

Can you also list all the non-crafting items needed to get certain spells or items required for achievements, like Sunlight Medals?

This game is really messy when it comes to achievements.

Also, considering one covenant requires 50 faith for offline players, what playthrough can I expect to get onto the covenant making a "paladin" build (a fighter, miracle user)? Not a good design choice at all, shoehorning offline players into a certain build...ugh.

Last edited by texasgoldrush; 10-14-2011 at 05:26 AM.
texasgoldrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #70
Lazy_Penguin1989

SystemHasFailed's Gamercard
This is a quote I found on Gamefaqs that might help with the slab material.

"you can get all the achievements/trophies with just one, when you upgrade a weapon at the blacksmith the game does not save until you press the back button, so get a flame weapon to +5, ascend it to +6 then reinforce it to +10 to get the trophy BUT DO NOT PRESS THE BACK BUTTON, turn off the game and when you turn it back on your sword will be back at +6 and you will still have the red slab, just take it back down to +5 and ascend to chaos and then repeat the process"

People posted afterwards and they said it works and it seems to be the case as the game does not auto-save when your in the menu but auto-saves when you quit out of it when you hit the B button out of the menu in your item selection to quitting out of lets say the blacksmith modifying selection. Haven't tested it myself its worth a shot to anyone who has more then one slab to spare.

Help us at Operation Rainfall, to bring Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower to the U.S. http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
Lazy_Penguin1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #71
MasterDanielKun

Thanks for the share.
MasterDanielKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #72
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgoldrush View Post
Can you list the options for the more planned road map? All the event triggers? All the contradictory elements such as destroying the Gravelord or joining his covenant?

Can you also list all the non-crafting items needed to get certain spells or items required for achievements, like Sunlight Medals?

This game is really messy when it comes to achievements.

Also, considering one covenant requires 50 faith for offline players, what playthrough can I expect to get onto the covenant making a "paladin" build (a fighter, miracle user)? Not a good design choice at all, shoehorning offline players into a certain build...ugh.

Now that i feel would be far too much work for the road map. Considering there are tons of event triggers and repercussions.

As for your sunlight medal example, its listed under the appropriate covenant.

Also, on a cool note, the guide has gotten a sticky already ^.^

Thank you to whoever did that!

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases

Last edited by II OE II; 10-14-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #73
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
I have no qualms with helping the guide and helping speed along your progress, OE, with some information hunting and clarifying, but I do want to know if credit that's due will be credit given. I know some people here have already given some pretty great info, after all. It'd be a shame to not see that get acknowledged.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #74
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Now that i feel would be far too much work for the road map. Considering there are tons of event triggers and repercussions.

As for your sunlight medal example, its listed under the appropriate covenant.
Uh. You need to list at what points you can't progress in covenants that supply items that are required for achievements, such as Gravelord Nito's Gravelord Greatsword Dance miracle. It's an achievement guide, right? If Nito dies (shortly after you can first join his covenant) you can't get all the miracles in the playthrough you're in.

Speaking of covenants, I reread all of your listings. Here's what I found.

The Darkwraith covenant is missing any mention of the ring you need from Sif to traverse the abyss, which is required to get to the Four Kings.

The Path of the Dragon description says the dragon is at the far end of the lake in a tree. He's not. He's past the tree, in a small grove.

For the Gravelord description, you should replace the (item) in the paragraph with the item required: Eye of Death.

Blade of Darkmoon needs to have "souvenir" replaced with "souvenir of reprisal".

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #75
BsE Bloodbath

BsE Bloodbath's Gamercard
For the 'Very large ember'; Head towards the 4 kings boss instead of going past the blob head behind it and go up the spiral staircase, it will be there in a chest
BsE Bloodbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #76
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

many apologies for not placing a thanks message into the guide yet. I have corrected that, and hopefully corrected most of the false information.

Have to go to work today, so wont be able to do lots of editing.

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 10-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #77
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
many apologies for not placing a thanks message into the guide yet. I have corrected that, and hopefully corrected most of the false information.

Have to go to work today, so wont be able to do lots of editing.
It's shaping up well, however. Nice work! The information here is becoming some of the most accurate you can find for this game, online or otherwise.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #78
BsE Bloodbath

Ok..... i'll post it again since you haven't put it in the sticky part :3

For the 'Very large ember'; Head towards the 4 kings boss instead of going past the blob head behind it and go up the spiral staircase, it will be there in a chest

Also,

For the 'Large divine ember'; From the bonfire in tomb of giants, head up the ladder and immediately head right, follow it round a narrow path and drop into the tomb, there will be a hole in the floor to get in with a ladder. Drop down again and run to the end, it's there. Be warned, there are alot of large skeletons in there
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #79
Echilion

Quote:
Sunlight Medals: These are earned when you summon an NPC to help you on a boss fight. If you defeat the boss and your NPC friend is still alive, you will earn a Sunlight Medal. These are also obtained in New Game+ if you have 50 Faith and defeat a boss while human.
Sorry, my original post was vague about this. I just meant you had to be human so you can summon Soltaire and obtain the Medal. There are also 3 sunlight medals in a chest in Anor Lando, and you get a sunlight medal for freeing Lautrec.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #80
BsE Bloodbath

For any stuck finding the white slab, it's here:

Old 10-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #81
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

thanks for more updates everyone.. ill be putting them up shortly.

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases
Old 10-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #82
harXc.

harXc's Gamercard
The two Black Knights you encounter upon your return to the Undead Asylum both carry a Red Titanite Chunk with them.
harXc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #83
DopeySO

Quick question, sorry if it has already been answered.

But after you beat the final boss can you continue to play and farm upgrade mats in that same game? Or does it automatically go to New Game + screen.?

DopeySO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #84
Echilion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeySO View Post
Quick question, sorry if it has already been answered.

But after you beat the final boss can you continue to play and farm upgrade mats in that same game? Or does it automatically go to New Game + screen.?
Once you kill the final boss the game will end... then credits roll...then NG+ starts.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #85
locoloco

xXxLocoLocoxXx's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide; Nice work!
locoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #86
ImmortalArbiter

ImmortalArbiter's Gamercard

Is it confirmed that the Black Bow of Pharis is required for the weapons achievement? This is the first list I've seen it on, and I believe she has a tendency to roll off of cliffs...I'm pretty sure she is gone in my game anyway.

Also, I'm worried about finding the invader Leeroy, too. Do you have to summon him for Pinwheel, and what if he rolls off of a cliff? Will he appear if you've already killed Nito? Do you just have to hope for the best in the next playthrough?

ImmortalArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #87
Frogcat

I'm a PS3 player, I platted the game days ago, & when I obtained my Knight's Honor, I don't have the below 4 weapons in hand, guys can double confirm this at Japan Wiki as well. You need Demon's Spear, & this is not in the list.

Weapons not needed:~

Ghost Blade
Jagged Ghost Blade
Rictar's Rapier

Titanite Catch Pole

You don't need Black Bow Of Pharis for the achievements as well, although I have it in hand.

Last edited by Frogcat; 10-15-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Frogcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #88
Rhageface

Can you do these achievements over multiple characters? I mean have certain weapons on one character, others on another but complete the whole list? It'd definitely keep me interested in playing Dark Souls... I made the mistake of killing the 1st Pyromancer trainer so missed out on a lot of Pyromancy which sucks. I plan on making a Magicy sort of character to hit 50 faith.
Rhageface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #89
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
good guide so far! i think the roadmap would be best if it told when you will pass the point of no return for the missable achievements though. thats what i want in a roadmap, a heads-up.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #90
II OE II

II OE II's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhageface View Post
Can you do these achievements over multiple characters? I mean have certain weapons on one character, others on another but complete the whole list? It'd definitely keep me interested in playing Dark Souls... I made the mistake of killing the 1st Pyromancer trainer so missed out on a lot of Pyromancy which sucks. I plan on making a Magicy sort of character to hit 50 faith.
most of the achievements you can yes aside from the spell achievements and knights honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
good guide so far! i think the roadmap would be best if it told when you will pass the point of no return for the missable achievements though. thats what i want in a roadmap, a heads-up.
there really isnt a point of no return other than killing the final boss since you can go back and replay any zone you wish. The boss is only missable if you don't find the item.

GUIDES:
Dragon Age II Supplier
FF13-2 Fragment Guide
L.A. Noire Cases

Last edited by II OE II; 10-16-2011 at 12:38 AM.