PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Sports and Fitness > MLB Bobblehead Battle
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide & Roadmap

MLB Bobblehead Battle
Achievement Guide and Roadmap by TealPavelski.

Overview:
- Price: 800
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10 for 180 - 5/10 for 200 (Explained below)
- Offline: 11 (180)
- Online: 1 (20)
- Approximate time:10-20 Hours for 200
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 30+
- Missable achievements: None
- Does difficulty affect Achievements? N/A
- Unobtainable achievements: None
- Unlockable Gamerpics: None

Introduction:
Knock a curveball out of the ballpark with MLB® Bobblehead Battle! This MLB® bobblehead challenge features all of your favorite teams and players with a unique twist – it’s entirely focused on batting! Create customized fields with various obstacles such as walls and slopes while outsmarting your opponent with a dynamic card system that allows customization of players and more.

Step One:
Your first step is to invite a friend. This can be done from the Xbox Live menu and doing this will unlock ‘Invitation’.

Step Two:
Next step will be to complete Challenge mode. I suggest using the New York Yankees. Beating all 30 Teams will unlock ‘King’, ‘Collector’, ‘20th anniversary’ and ‘5th anniversary’.

Step Three:
Next step will be to customize a stadium and win a game in that customized stadium. This will unlock ‘Designer’ and ‘Home sweet home’.

Mop up:
Now is the time to use any cards you have yet to use for ‘Meister’. As well as land a ball on any score plates that you have yet to unlock for ‘DOUBLE plate’, ‘TRIPLE plate’, ‘HOME RUN plate’ and ‘SAC FLY plate’.

Conclusion:
You can easily obtain most of the Achievements in the game, however Collector and Meister will take some time as some of the challenges to unlock cards can be quite tough.

Single-Player (Offline) Achievements (11):

20th Anniversary - 10
Play 20 games in an offline game mode

Simply Play 20 games in either Quick Game, Exhibition or Challenge Mode.

*Note: In Exhibition mode, you can change the innings to 3. Making this Achievement easier.

5th Anniversary - 20
Win 5 games in an offline game mode

Simply Win 5 games in either Quick Game, Exhibition or Challenge Mode.

*Note: In Exhibition mode, you can change the innings to 3. Making this Achievement easier.

Home sweet home - 10
Win a game at a customized stadium in an offline game mode

See 'Designer'.

Designer - 20
Customize a stadium in STADIUM EDIT

From the Main Menu, select Stadium Edit. Select any of the unlocked stadiums (All but 2 stadiums will be locked). Once in the Stadium Edit mode, select Make Changes. Using the , highlight any of the features in the stadium and press to bring up the object menu. Select any of the unlocked objects (i.e. Ultra Soft Wall), press to place the object, then press to bring up the menu and select OK. Once you select OK, the Achievement unlocks.

Once you have customized a Stadium, select Exhibition and play and win a game in your customized Stadium to unlock 'Home sweet home'.

Collector - 10
Get all cards in CHALLENGE MODE

You unlock cards in Challenge Mode by beating Teams and finishing tasks such as hitting X amount of objects, scoring X amount of runs, etc. The tasks get hard and harder as you move down the list of Teams in Challenge mode.

*Note: Some of the tasks can be difficult, like not using any cards or not using "Big Swing", but you can complete tasks without winning the game.

Meister - 10
Use all cards in an offline game mode

There are a total of 33 Power-up Cards in the game and you must use each card at least once in any offline game mode. You begin the game with 14 Cards already unlocked, and you unlock the other 19 by playing Challenge Mode. Below is a list of all the Power-up Cards. Print this check-off list to keep track of which cards you have used.

Batting Cards:
Power Bat
Epic Bat
Better Contact
Superior Contact
Spring Ball
Extra Base
Infield Hit
Bunt For A Hit
Pull Hitter
Opposite Field
Swing For The Fences!
Feeling Lucky
Clean Slate
Zebra
Sunny Sky
Scorcher
Card Battle B
Take Two

Pitching Cards:
Fired Up 1
Fired Up 2
Fired Up 3
Master BRK Ball
Legendary BRK Ball
Cannonball
Knuckleballer
Fifty-Fifty
Switcharoo
Right Wind
Left Wind
Mirror Control
Blindfold
Card Battle P
Team Order

*Note: You can change your 10 Cards in the starting lineup menu directly before entering a game.

DOUBLE plate - 20
Score DOUBLE plate in an offline game mode

See 'SAC FLY plate'.

TRIPLE plate - 20
Score TRIPLE plate in an offline game mode

See 'SAC FLY plate'.

HOME RUN plate - 20
Score HOME RUN plate in an offline game mode

See 'SAC FLY plate'.

SAC FLY plate - 20
Score SAC FLY plate in an offline game mode

You must hit the ball () and have it land on a 'SAC FLY' zone for this Achievement to unlock.

Unlike standard Baseball video games like MLB 2K11, or the original Bobblehead Pros, in Bobblehead Battle the type of hit you get is determined by where your ball lands on the field after it is hit. There are multiple zones on the field which read 'OUT', 'SINGLE', 'DOUBLE', 'TRIPLE'. 'HOME RUN' and 'SAC FLY'.

*Note: To make this Achievement easier, go into Stadium Edit and change all of the hitting zones on the infield to the type of zone you need. Example, if you need the 'HOME RUN' plate, simply highlight each zone, press or and change the zone(s) to Home Run. Now enter a game and play in your customized stadium and once your at-bat, press to bunt and bunt the ball onto the Home Run Zone. Simply rinse and repeat, making sure to change the zones to whatever plates you need prior to entering a game.

You cannot change zones to SAC FLY, so this must be done by simply playing the game and landing on a SAC FLY zone (SAC FLY zones replace OUT zones when you have a runner at 3rd base with less than two outs). If you are having trouble getting a Sac Fly, the easiest method is to go into Stadium Edit and change all the hitting zones on the infield to SINGLE and all the hitting zones in the outfield to OUT. Enter a game in your customized stadium and once your at-bat, press to bunt and bunt the ball onto the SINGLE zone. Do this 3-times to load the bases. Now the OUT zones will change to SAC FLY zones. Simply hit a ball to a SAC FLY zone for the Achievement to unlock.

KING - 20
Beat all teams in CHALLENGE MODE

From the Main Menu, select Challenge Mode. You must beat all 30 MLB Teams in Challenge Mode for this Achievement to unlock. Games are 3-innings and can end in a 0-0 Draw, so make sure you have a lead going into the bottom of the 3rd inning.

*Note: These games count towards the '20th anniversary' and '5th anniversary' Achievements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mlb_bobblebattle_card_checklist.jpg (36.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by TealPavelski; 10-28-2011 at 12:05 AM.
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Multiplayer (Online) Achievements (1):

Invitation - 20
Invite your friend from MLB® Bobblehead Battle

From the Main Menu, select Xbox Live > Custom Match. After the innings select screen, simply scroll down to Invite Friends and invite a friend to your game. Your friend does not have to own the game or be online. The Achievement unlocks right after you select a friend. Please use the Achievement Trading Thread for help.

*Note: You cannot earn this Achievement while in an Xbox Live Party. Do not download the October 11th Roster Update unless you have a friend that has also downloaded the game and roster update, otherwise you cannot send an invite. If you download the roster update before unlocking the Achievement, or you have no friends with the game/update, simply erase the roster update from your Hard Drive.

Last edited by TealPavelski; 10-03-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
RSX7

RSX7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
KING - 20
Beat all teams in CHALLENGE MODE

From the Main Menu, select
Challenge Mode. You must beat all 30 MLB Teams in Challenge Mode for this Achievement to unlock. Unfortunately you cannot lower the innings in Challenge Mode, so this Achievement will take some time as each game is a minimum of 9-innings.

I was able to win the first challenge against the Pirates in 3 innings. Of course, I haven't played any other games in Challenge Mode but possibly they don't have to be 9 innings. I'll check again, though.

RSX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX7 View Post
...I was able to win the first challenge against the Pirates in 3 innings. Of course, I haven't played any other games in Challenge Mode but possibly they don't have to be 9 innings. I'll check again, though.
You are correct. I just beat the Pirates and it only took 3 innings. I wonder if all 30 Teams can be beaten in 3. I updated the guide by just taking off how many innings it takes, since right now we don't really know how many innings it takes to win in the late round of Challenge mode.

Last edited by TealPavelski; 10-01-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
stranger35

StrangZor's Gamercard
I really think it should be longer to complete, the challenge mode takes forever with 30 games.

stranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger35 View Post
I really think it should be longer to complete, the challenge mode takes forever with 30 games.
I agree. I put it at 10-20 hours.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
dylan0228

dylan021706's Gamercard
All the challenges are 3 innings by default. There isn`t any extra innings either. That is what makes it kind of a challenge.
dylan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
pwjuggalo

Send a message via MSN to pwjuggalo Send a message via Yahoo to pwjuggalo Send a message via Skype™ to pwjuggalo

ItsMeJohnD's Gamercard

Could somone please let me knwo what the challenge against the Houston Astros means "Hit into the object for 9 times!" it doesn't even feel like English to me.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 02:38 AM   #9
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwjuggalo View Post
Could somone please let me knwo what the challenge against the Houston Astros means "Hit into the object for 9 times!" it doesn't even feel like English to me.

Thanks
Yeah its not English...lol. It means you need to hit 9 objects, such as ramps and walls.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:51 AM   #10
pwjuggalo

Send a message via MSN to pwjuggalo Send a message via Yahoo to pwjuggalo Send a message via Skype™ to pwjuggalo

ItsMeJohnD's Gamercard

I just figured it out about 5 minutes ago. I thought that is what they wanted, I must have miss counted my first play through.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Regarding your Sac fly plate method, have loaded the bases 3 times now, and all the out field squares stay as "out". Any suggestions? Have had 1 out each time.

Last edited by Chathams Finest; 10-14-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:05 AM   #12
Subzero323

subzero323's Gamercard
to the guy who said this is 2/10 your a fucking idiot, you have not even got the 200 gs and you ASSume its 2/10 wow cant belive they let fucking retards make guides here

Last edited by Subzero323; 10-15-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Subzero323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #13
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chathams Finest View Post
Regarding your Sac fly plate method, have loaded the bases 3 times now, and all the out field squares stay as "out". Any suggestions? Have had 1 out each time.
Just try loading the bases with no outs or at least get a runner on 3rd with no outs on a default field.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero323 View Post
to the guy who said this is 2/10 your a fucking idiot, you have not even got the 200 gs and you ASSume its 2/10 wow cant belive they let fucking retards make guides here
I am so glad you like my guide!

Last edited by TealPavelski; 10-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #15
Subzero323

subzero323's Gamercard
im so glad u noticed how much it sucks thank you.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
im so glad u noticed how much it sucks thank you.
Why does it suck? What problem do you have with me? The guide clearly doesn't suck! Yes a 2/10 is probably a bit light of a score to give the difficulty, but to say my entire guide sucks and calling me a retard because you disagree with me is a bit much.

If you think you can write a better guide, by all means, be my guest!

Last edited by TealPavelski; 10-20-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #17
Subzero323

subzero323's Gamercard
u make a guide to help ppl not to confuse them.Its not a 2/10 at all,the challenges to get the cards makes it at least a 5-6/10 and your explainations are like reading the acheivments them selves, not a guide in my opinion.I like to master my games and this is making it difficult because of ur understanding of how to rate a game you have not mastered yet.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:02 AM   #18
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
u make a guide to help ppl not to confuse them.Its not a 2/10 at all,the challenges to get the cards makes it at least a 5-6/10 and your explainations are like reading the acheivments them selves, not a guide in my opinion.I like to master my games and this is making it difficult because of ur understanding of how to rate a game you have not mastered yet.
I understand your point about getting the cards and the challenges are difficult, so I will give you that, but I explain the Achievements well and I go in depth on how to get each Achievement. Sometimes an Achievement is so simple it does not need an in depth description, such as Play 20 Games or Win 5 Games. I will change the rating to a 5 if it pleases you.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
Subzero323

subzero323's Gamercard
yes thank you for that, i think your guide is pretty good, and thank you for adding that in about the challanges.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Quote:
yes thank you for that, i think your guide is pretty good, and thank you for adding that in about the challanges.
No problem.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #21
BancoBilly

Send a message via ICQ to BancoBilly

Banco Billy's Gamercard
Am I missing something in the set up becasuse I edited a stadium (got the achevo for that) won there but didn't get the win achevo! Can anybody ponit out where I went wrong??
Old 02-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
pwjuggalo

ItsMeJohnD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BancoBilly View Post
Am I missing something in the set up becasuse I edited a stadium (got the achevo for that) won there but didn't get the win achevo! Can anybody ponit out where I went wrong??
I am having this same issue, so if someone who has this chivo could explain to me what they did I would be forever in your debt. Also just wondering if the use all cards achievement requires me to have the other Bobblehead game to unlock?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
BancoBilly

Send a message via ICQ to BancoBilly

Banco Billy's Gamercard
Just got it to unlock. After I got the 20 wins I deleted my saves at the dashboard then went back into the game. I edited a stadium by just changing one wall. Then won a game there and the achevo popped!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #24
BladeMDP

blademdp's Gamercard
TealPavelski, I know it's been awhile since you posted this guide, but I wanted to take the time to say you're guide was spot on - There's nothing vague or unclear about your achievement descriptions, I guess what those that are negative want you to do is spoon feed them what every power up card is, and exactly how to use those, which is completely unnecessary. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. At any rate, it's a very good guide.