PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Pac-Man Championship Edition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2010, 04:17 AM   #31
Elevatiionzz

Send a message via AIM to Elevatiionzz

canceriddenseal's Gamercard
This game seems difficult to me, but i got it free with my xbox. i got the arcade version, so i may as well try for the 200/200 now, since i have a guide to follow. if you are thinking about getting this, i thnk you should. it is pretty ease for the 200/200, and it is always just fun to play
Elevatiionzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #32
SephVstheWorld

sephvstheworld's Gamercard
This account will be my 4th account i have done this on, and seriously one of my fave arcade titles of all time. Always been a huge pac-man fan, and i usually get around 500,000/600,000 a run. Not really hard at all.
SephVstheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #33
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
It isn't hard just the controls are really hard. I keep messing up with the joystick >.<. I wish I had one of them retro pads lol.

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
chrcoluk

chrcoluk's Gamercard
it seems the game is either easy or very hard.

its obvious that unless you cant master the ghost AI then you going to find the game tough in some parts at the very least.

When I was doing the 2 challenge modes the lazy/easy way which is making them chase you from side to side without eating dots I observed the ghosts behaviour.

Red and blue will both generally hunt you down agressively, they both occasioanally get stuck, I dont know if this is a trick that makes them do this or a game bug tho. The difference between them is red will chase you from behind whilst blue will try to be clever and cut you off in your front path so often I see the red and blue take the same path towards me and then split when near me.

Pink seems to go near you but then move away when he is almost on you, so for a player who doesnt know the AI or just panicks (like me) they can get make the mistake of treating the pink ghost like the red one when if its the red and pink cornering you then its possible the pink will turn away letting you free but the red one wont.

The orange ghost from what I see is almost completely random as if its blind.

so generally I would expect during gameplay the blue and red ghosts to be near you all the time and the pink and orange can easily be at the opposite side of the screen. This can go against you tho because if eg. you runnign away from the red ghost to the other side of the screen the orange one may be there blocking your path. Thats my problem, I find the red and blue predictable as they chase you down whilst I often get killed by the pink and orange ghosts. Also the game just gets very hard when its fast also which leads me to been stuck on the last achievement the extra mode 1. The same tactic I used for the challenge modes isnt effective on extra mode 1.

I think the 200k and 400k point achievements arent that hard. Because they can be done on the normal championship mode or the 10 min extra mode 3 both which are easy to rack up tons of lives and start off at a slow speed, they also have plenty of power pills so its easy to pick up dots whilst invincible.
chrcoluk is offline   Reply With Quote